[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

17 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It took 5 days to investigate phonegate and get Babcock fired.  How many years will it take to arrest the players from the 2018 junior team?  Is Paul Bissonnette going to get the scoop on this one first?

I’m sure Bissonnette would rather have this swept under the rug as it will damage players. There’s a reason he hasn’t responded to people urging him to push the league to release the names.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Jesus, just name names already. 

I'd rather them take the time and get things right. This likely has nothing to do with the NHL. The London police are involved so it must be a criminal investigation. I'd rather them get things right if guys are looking at criminal prosecutions.

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

30 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

You honestly think it's more likely that the NHL is waiting for players to retire than the NHL can't say anything to interfere with a criminal investigation?

I honestly would not be surprised to find out the league is trying to delay as much as possible without actually interfering with an investigation. Especially if any of the players are big money - the league would not want to jeopardize a superstar while they can still milk his talent.

I would love to be wrong on this, and it all really is just everyone making sure everything is done properly. But we all know the league does not have a stellar reputation, especially where income is concerned

1 minute ago, StrayDog said:

I honestly would not be surprised to find out the league is trying to delay as much as possible without actually interfering with an investigation. Especially if any of the players are big money - the league would not want to jeopardize a superstar while they can still milk his talent.

I would love to be wrong on this, and it all really is just everyone making sure everything is done properly. But we all know the league does not have a stellar reputation, especially where income is concerned

Yeah, I fundamentally disagree with you. It's far worse for business for the NHL to have this looming over them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Yeah, I fundamentally disagree with you. It's far worse for business for the NHL to have this looming over them. 

I truly hope you're right and it's just my cynicism getting the better of me. But I don't know if this is really impacting the league's business or not.

Just now, StrayDog said:

I truly hope you're right and it's just my cynicism getting the better of me. But I don't know if this is really impacting the league's business or not.

If the league was ever found to be actively suppressing names of players, it would drastically tarnish their reputation and effect business. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

If the league was ever found to be actively suppressing names of players, it would drastically tarnish their reputation and effect business. 

Very true. But we're still waiting on the results of a similar event from 2003, and it doesn't seem to be bothering the league much.

Like I said, I really want you to be right and I'm just a victim of my own cynical nature.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, StrayDog said:

Very true. But we're still waiting on the results of a similar event from 2003, and it doesn't seem to be bothering the league much.

Like I said, I really want you to be right and I'm just a victim of my own cynical nature.

It was a different landscape in 2003, that doesn't make it ok, but makes sense why things we're talked about. There's also still criminal investigation around that. The league wouldn't be able to release anything that could interfere with any criminal investigation. 

I agree it's bogus, and I'll be the first to stay up how the police don't do anything about sexual assault, but I just don't think the hate being directed at the NHL for this particular situation is warranted.

• Cheers 1