[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

The names of the players who are going to be arrested haven’t been released. You and everyone else like me are just assuming who they are. 

That's true, but I'd say it's pretty obvious, no?  I also feel like Tocchets answer more or less confirmed foote

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

All good, I'm not really shy about it.  In a weird way, it's turned out to be a positive thing in my life

It doesn't always turn out that way.  Good on you for seeing the positive out of it and breaking the silence for others.  I don't always agree with you on here, but you have my respect 🍺

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't often talk about this, but as a victim of severe childhood sexual assault, I feel I've got a pretty good footing here.  Though my perpetrator did something horrible and unimaginable, I was able to come to realize that, at one point in his life, he was the victim same as I was.  That changed everything for me and made look at life differently in general. 

I hold no I'll will against this person......quite the opposite, I feel sympathy that he was never able to come to peace with what happened to him.

Life isn't black and white and things don't happen in a vacuum and everyone deserves some measure of empathy and understanding.

I'm happy you were able to work through it. Life is indeed full of greys, but this is one of the few hard lines I have where the world is very black and white.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

This was a what, two year investigation?  Really, it started in 2019, was closed and rw-opened almost two years ago.  Imo, there's no chance they don't have the evidence they need

Im sure they did in Virtanens case too. Sometimes they move ahead on imperfect info. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's true, but I'd say it's pretty obvious, no?  I also feel like Tocchets answer more or less confirmed foote

It’s pretty obvious yes. Also, it was clarified that Foote didn’t actually coach his son and Dube. He was hired in October 2018 when they both left for pro hockey. So that is a moot point. 

Also, I read somewhere that Adam and Cal are not really close. Not every parent has the same relationship with their kids. So saying that Adam needs to take a leave of absence to be with his son may not be applicable in this case. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

As journalists, your focus has to be on the players, and the teams they're on.  What will Calgary do with Dube?  What will Philly and Jersey do with their guys?  What will... Vancouver do with a dad?  Even Toronto fans reading that article are going to shake their head.  

Read some of the non-Canucks comments in this reddit post.  I just realized Ryan McLeod is Michael's brother.  It's worth asking him questions once but not twice.

Hi Tocchet, what about Adams son and his alleged sexual assault? There is nothothg next question..

Yes but how can you be certain Adam didn't cover up for his son...? There is nothing next question... etc etc etc

In the press... Vancouver management team (of which one is fighting rape charges with his son) bla bla bla.... 

NHL to refs... get Vancouver out as we can't afford that kind of press.... 

Yes I know, there is zero proof of that being the case, just like there were no proof of Rome getting a 4 match suspension had anything to do with Boston boss running the NHL... 

Just now, Rekker said:

Heavy topic and thoughts here today. Classy work by all. 

Yeah I'm pretty impressed by CFF today.  Like you said,  this is a very heavy topic, glad to see the conversation is pretty civil.  Who would have thought we're kinda mature sometimes?  lol

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't often talk about this, but as a victim of severe childhood sexual assault, I feel I've got a pretty good footing here.  Though my perpetrator did something horrible and unimaginable, I was able to come to realize that, at one point in his life, he was the victim same as I was.  That changed everything for me and made look at life differently in general. 

I hold no I'll will against this person......quite the opposite, I feel sympathy that he was never able to come to peace with what happened to him.

Life isn't black and white and things don't happen in a vacuum and everyone deserves some measure of empathy and understanding.

Sorry to hear that Stawns... nobody shoulder have to go through this...

I hope you are ok, with what happened to you then, and it didn't ruin your life.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah I'm pretty impressed by CFF today.  Like you said,  this is a very heavy topic, glad to see the conversation is pretty civil.  Who would have thought we're kinda mature sometimes?  lol

Enjoy it while it lasts... 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They can't suspend them as they were not under contract at the time.  The LOA's allow them to still get paid while being under investigation and having to go through a trial process that could take up to 2 years...

Does it count against the team’s salary cap and the amount of contracts they can have?

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Does it count against the team’s salary cap and the amount of contracts they can have?

Doubt it... will probably be removed from the books for all the teams.

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Kind of mirrors the sport we love. Civil and respectful sometimes, complete Jackass shitshow other times. Lol 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, BPA said:

It's going to be interesting to see how it all unfolds.  There's a lot of layers to this

51 minutes ago, stawns said:

You're not condoning anything by loving and supporting your child.  Your just loving and supporting them.  It's your job to bring them back a better person 

It was my job to make them a good person to start. To teach them right from horrifically wrong. If I screwed it up that badly to start I will likely screw up trying to bring them back better.

59 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Its wrong of you to take something that isn't so black and white, and make it so simple. I think you do that intentionally so that you don't have to actually try and learn, or understand, or have empathy for others. Maybe a defense mechanism, but I promise you, for everyone involved, from the victim, to the accused, to the family members, to the NHL teams etc... this situation is not black and white, there will be multiple different versions of what happened, with each person seeing their actions and their roles differently, with each person being affected differently and they will all be true. Therefore it will not be so black and white.

People with empathy have the ability to see that.

I'm sorry if my thinking that rape is a black and white situation bothers you, but it is not something I will change.

30 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Hi Tocchet, what about Adams son and his alleged sexual assault? There is nothothg next question..

Yes but how can you be certain Adam didn't cover up for his son...? There is nothing next question... etc etc etc

In the press... Vancouver management team (of which one is fighting rape charges with his son) bla bla bla.... 

NHL to refs... get Vancouver out as we can't afford that kind of press.... 

Yes I know, there is zero proof of that being the case, just like there were no proof of Rome getting a 4 match suspension had anything to do with Boston boss running the NHL... 

Like I said before, the first question gets a pass.  The follow-up question here is gonna get flamed by the public.  Danny Brière has not been fielding questions about his scumbag son all year long.  If someone were stupid enough to try that they would get ripped by Torts and everyone else in the city.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

As journalists, your focus has to be on the players, and the teams they're on.  What will Calgary do with Dube?  What will Philly and Jersey do with their guys?  What will... Vancouver do with a dad?  Even Toronto fans reading that article are going to shake their head.  

Read some of the non-Canucks comments in this reddit post.  I just realized Ryan McLeod is Michael's brother.  It's worth asking him questions once but not twice.

Why should Adam Foot be asked about his son mistakes.He didnot teach him or train him for that shit.He is punished enough for having son(IF)ass hole.We so much love to be clean,and to judge,make and destroy peoples life.The one who did wrong,will pay the price.I think is enough.

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

Assuming everyone here is aware that this cannot be considered a First. The CHL has kept a fund for these types of non insured incidents. Why?

Lives (1)and (2)careers are at hand here. The life l speak of is of the victim who will never recover.

The careers l speak of are the offender or offenders. He or they can look elsewhere!

A lot of people gloss over this.  HC literally has a fund to make stuff like this go away.

Edited by stawns
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Like I said before, the first question gets a pass.  The follow-up question here is gonna get flamed by the public.  Danny Brière has not been fielding questions about his scumbag son all year long.  If someone were stupid enough to try that they would get ripped by Torts and everyone else in the city.

Yes I hope so...

I have a good feeling about this year, and don't want anything to derail it.

I have to say, that despite it being a scumbag move with the Wheelchair stunt (guess that's what we are talking about), rape is another level...

And yes Torts would tear him a new one, and good on him... always liked Torts, still do...