[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

52 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I see you weren't able to quote any posts that backed up your B.S. statement earlier.

Maybe just admit you were trying to get attention and few extra "likes".

Two things that happened here.

1) You had an initial reaction that seemed to try and garner sympathy for the perpetrators - for the lives/careers they threw away.  You got grilled for that - by me, and by others.  But it was an initial reaction and anyone (even I) might think things differently after a couple days.

2) It seems you have not changed your mind on things.  You seem intent on suggesting that what these (yet unnamed) individuals did was a mistake.  But it's much more than that.  It's the most public case of sexual assault in hockey to date.  It's indicative of a greater problem that has plagued this sport.  It's the corruption of Hockey Canada, toxic masculinity, and a general willingness to look the other way.

If you see this as a mistake, then you don't believe this is going to happen again.  High-level hockey tends to attract the worst kinds of people - rich, spoiled frat boys who think they can do nothing wrong.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Two things that happened here.

1) You had an initial reaction that seemed to try and garner sympathy for the perpetrators - for the lives/careers they threw away.  You got grilled for that - by me, and by others.  But it was an initial reaction and anyone (even I) might think things differently after a couple days.

2) It seems you have not changed your mind on things.  You seem intent on suggesting that what these (yet unnamed) individuals did was a mistake.  But it's much more than that.  It's the most public case of sexual assault in hockey to date.  It's indicative of a greater problem that has plagued this sport.  It's the corruption of Hockey Canada, toxic masculinity, and a general willingness to look the other way.

If you see this as a mistake, then you don't believe this is going to happen again.  High-level hockey tends to attract the worst kinds of people - rich, spoiled frat boys who think they can do nothing wrong.

It's the "mistake" part that gets me the most, like it was an accident. How do you accidentally gang rape a young woman? 

Same as continually calling them boys. This is not a "boys will be boys" moment. These are (if found guilty) young men who committed a horrific act with no thought to anything except their own gratification.

• Upvote 2

Too many people are posting as if they know exactly what happened that night. Unless I missed it, I don’t think the results of the investigation have been formally released.  Seems like many people are jumping to a worst case conclusion already. 

And I do feel compassion for everyone involved, whether or not they made terrible choices that night or not. It would not surprise me to learn that some of these players experienced sexual abuse themselves, which in no way excuses heinous actions, but cycles of abuse are very real and  can cause harm in so many ways.

But there I go speculating a bit too… it’s hard not to do when you’re human. 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Some people are innocent, who the hell are you to decide who is and who isn’t when you know f#ck all about it.  Honest to god, that hatred you have can’t be healthy.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Shut up dude! "Some people are innocent" get out of here with that garbage.. It's not applicable here. Those 5 dudes are GUILTY as FUCK!

• Cheers 1

On 1/26/2024 at 10:40 AM, JayDangles said:

If you think I was making excuses you need to re-read my post.

Also didn't in any way say these dudes weren't 100% in the wrong.

Best if you don't try and twist people's posts just because you don't understand something.

"You need to find a way to separate the human being from the action. There's no excuse, and you might never agree or support what someone did, your free to call it disgusting, horrible terrible etc... but to label the person as such is wrong. These boys were acting horrible, terrible and disgusting in that moment, yes, and for that they will pay a heavy price, but they are likely not disgusting horrible people."

From what I gathered, what your saying is these guys did a terrible thing but they aren't terrible people. You go as far to say that they are likely NOT disgusting horrible people. But what could you possible be basing this off of? What do you know about these people?

Maybe you know more then the average person, but the only things we know for sure is they were elite athletes from a young age, grew up and developed in hockey culture which has a long history of elitism and foul behavior, and are now being accused of gang raping a woman when they were younger. What about them makes you assume they are likely good guys who did a bad thing?

I'd also go as far to say as actions make the man. All people have to prove to themselves and the world around them that they are good people, is by being a good person. If you have the capability to take part in a gang rape, there's at least part of you that is a terrible person. I'd say the average person would know that's wrong, and either would have tried to intervene, or at the very least leave and got out of the situation and left. All we can judge people by is their actions, and these men are currently being accused of something really horrible.

Should we be crucifying them right now, no. They have not been found guilty of anything up to this point. But personally I've done enough research on this subject to know that if the police are being involved all these years later, they have pretty substantial evidence of heinous acts. It's at least something we should be taking very seriously. I'm not sure how you can double down on a comment saying they are likely not horrible people. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

Maybe this lady had a fantasy of being shorthanded against the powerplay.

I have a hard time believing 5 dudes on team Canada just gangraped a woman.

There was probably consent but when she was treated like a sl*t when people found out cause things like this rarely stay a secret. Consensual or not. She decided to play the victim.

We will see throughout the investigation.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

So there is 2 videos at 3m and 4 am where the victim says it was consent but for the next 24 hours the accused keep messenging her trying to backtrack everything and convince her to not go to police. If everything was consensual then what was there to worry about the following day? This doesn't look good. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

On 1/26/2024 at 2:28 PM, Strawbone said:

Too many people are posting as if they know exactly what happened that night. Unless I missed it, I don’t think the results of the investigation have been formally released.  Seems like many people are jumping to a worst case conclusion already. 

And I do feel compassion for everyone involved, whether or not they made terrible choices that night or not. It would not surprise me to learn that some of these players experienced sexual abuse themselves, which in no way excuses heinous actions, but cycles of abuse are very real and  can cause harm in so many ways.

But there I go speculating a bit too… it’s hard not to do when you’re human. 

If you got abused non chalantly as a child, this is likely a normal response reaction to getting horny in front of someone….  Perhaps in some twisted way they normalize these thoughts…. Sad reality but a real truth…

and I’m not defending anyone, calling anyone boys… so y’all can suck an egg

2 hours ago, BigBird79 said:

Find out?  Sounds like you already made up your mind.  Victim blaming at its finest.

Maybe research the details that are out there.  And don't be a disgusting human being.

People lie man, women lie.

We will see. There's def more to this story. 

So without bastardizing this

case…. I can persume

alot about what happend with these 5 young men who at least 1 of 5 had sexual relations with this young woman…

I assume at least on of the men was drunk or drunkish?with the -young woman… who may have been more drunk or more than drunk… these suites tend to be left open when partying so the young men may have stumbled into the situation themselves and some may have been invited… 

perhaps it’s much more than this assumption which I’m leaving out he details, for all our sanity… but anyway it’s likely very illegal… not even a sex worker wants 5 men at the same time or back to back… and that’s being nice assuming the woman just shellfished and went victim limp… 

or this woman is straight lying which I doubt very much…

im allowed to assume that they are likely guilty and will wait to get salty till I know more…

Edited by MidKnight Ego

On 1/26/2024 at 10:20 AM, Miss Korea said:

Three years in a row a new pride night thread got locked

On 1/26/2024 at 11:35 AM, Bob Long said:

Yes because of a few losers. Not the whole group here.

Yeah, we're talking about what 10-20 noisy people on a forum of how many users?

On 1/26/2024 at 9:44 AM, Aldergrove Canuck said:

OOF dude, the amount of cope here is huge. 

Stop making excuses for predatory behaviour. 

Wrong is wrong, period, there's no wiggle room there.

You are making it sound like the 5 accused were sitting on the side of the road in a van and grabbed the accuser off the street. That is most definitely not the case. 

Horrible stuff no matter how this goes down in the end. Speculation one way or the other is really cruel when the case is still open.

Not that this is on the NHL to begin with, people did stuff prior to the players accused started their careers and it’s on them if they did what has been said.

The news comes at a time when teams aren’t playing much and hockeypeople want things to read, writers want to write and fans want to talk hockey related stuff like we do here. I think headlines will be a lot about this situation and unfortunately it will have a lot of negative impact on the NHL.

At this time I don’t see any of the players accused getting back to playing in the NHL, even if the case would somehow be in their favor. The players will be labelled anyways.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

People lie man, women lie.

We will see. There's def more to this story. 

People seem to take some kind of satisfaction or confirmation baise from making conclusions before knowing all the facts. That is what courts are for. Brush aside all the BS and get to the facts. It doesn't take a genius to see that these hockey players are used by many people and companies that benefit financially from certain outcomes.   

On 1/26/2024 at 2:54 PM, StrayDog said:

It's the "mistake" part that gets me the most, like it was an accident. How do you accidentally gang rape a young woman? 

Same as continually calling them boys. This is not a "boys will be boys" moment. These are (if found guilty) young men who committed a horrific act with no thought to anything except their own gratification.

They weren't being men that's for sure.   A real man doesn't do this.   And they know better from a very young age.     From where i'm sitting, prison time.   Do the crime, do the time.   They aren't "unlucky" for getting caught.    It's not a "whoopsie", it was pre-meditated.   That's what the evidence is saying.   They bought silence.   That doesn't happen without a reason.    As a populace, we also need transparency.    Hope that occurs. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

19 hours ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, we're talking about what 10-20 noisy people on a forum of how many users?

19 hours ago, Bob Long said:

1000ish. 

1000 people weren't posting in that thread.  I could open a new poll today and the numbers won't look great.  Maybe it'll just attract the worst crowd (aka the type of crowd that's gotten themselves banned), but this is indeed a hockey forum - full of older posters with an old-school outlook on life.  

@JayDangles you got like five people calling you out and you had the gall to accuse me of hiding?

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

1000 people weren't posting in that thread.  I could open a new poll today and the numbers won't look great.  Maybe it'll just attract the worst crowd (aka the type of crowd that's gotten themselves banned), but this is indeed a hockey forum - full of older posters with an old-school outlook on life.  

@JayDangles you got like five people calling you out and you had the gall to accuse me of hiding?

I just don't know how you can make such a blanket statement. I've found most people on here to be supportive of things like pride. 

So "full"? dunno what that means. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I just don't know how you can make such a blanket statement. I've found most people on here to be supportive of things like pride. 

So "full"? dunno what that means. 

Fair enough.  The only real way to substantiate our positions is to make a new thread.  But it'll just get locked up right away.