[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

I think the thought that this is a money motivated proceeding doesn’t bear any weight. She got paid out millions by Hockey Canada when she sued them a while back. 

If this is a false claim, it would have to be another motive. 

She will have to testify. That’s not easy. 

I suppose we will see in the next couple years. 

1 minute ago, Grandmaster said:

Let’s not jump the gun. Innocent till proven guilty. Agree if true. 

I think its quite obvious what the truth is. Of course the courts have to see it through but take a look at the fact pattern, the issues Hockey Canada has faced, the issues the police are dealing with for not reviewing etc. I am not going to pretend this is a he said she said situation which are much more confusing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Adam Foote says he is done.

Not easy for a dad to deal with and also be in the public eye at the same time.

Hopefully he can continue with the team. He is a key part of our coaching staff.

this would be a concern for sure for all parties, but if Adam Foote steps down it could impact future employment for him, of course it is all so regrettable for all parties involved.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

this would be a concern for sure for all parties, but if Adam Foote steps down it could impact future employment for him, of course it is all so regrettable for all parties involved.

Foote won't step down. The Canucks have already shielded him from the media for good reason. Yes its disturbing when its your son and public but I am sure he knew before, when the rumours came out years ago. He would have said what happened and were you involved to his son....he's likely worked through the mental anguish of it.

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, Bardown said:

I think its quite obvious what the truth is. Of course the courts have to see it through but take a look at the fact pattern, the issues Hockey Canada has faced, the issues the police are dealing with for not reviewing etc. I am not going to pretend this is a he said she said situation which are much more confusing.

How is it “quite obvious”? Just because someone gets charged, that doesn’t mean automatically that he did it. We have court for a reason. There is a LOT we don’t know. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

How is it “quite obvious”? Just because someone gets charged, that doesn’t mean automatically that he did it. We have court for a reason. There is a LOT we don’t know. 

you realize when FIVE people are arrested its alot more than 'heresay' right? This isn't Jake Virtanen 2.0

Edited by Bardown
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Adam Foote says he is done.

Not easy for a dad to deal with and also be in the public eye at the same time.

Hopefully he can continue with the team. He is a key part of our coaching staff.

Hopefully the media doesn't keep hounding him about it.  Family should be off limits.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

We know a lot actually. I assume you haven't researched everything publicly available though if you're just now finding out there was more than 5 players in the room.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bardown said:

ok 'Bro"

bro culture at is finest...you realize when FIVE people are arrested its alot more than 'heresay' right?

This has nothing to do with “bro culture” or whatever you are trying to say. It’s about knowing more about what happened and having it shown in court. 

5 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

This has nothing to do with “bro culture” or whatever you are trying to say. It’s about knowing more about what happened and having it shown in court. 

Perhaps you haven't been following the story closely, but there has been alot come out that suggests this is bad. You can pretend its not by using the usual, innocent until proven guilty and of course that is a legal standard.

Sometimes you have to look at info that has already emerged, the fact 5 players left their teams and were arrested, the fact the entire hockey canada board stepped down, etc, and realize 2+2 does indeed equal 4.

I am going to lean on the side of a young girl saying she was gang raped by 5 players, 8 in the room, players who have clearly already given evidence to cause the arrests, as a pretty big sign it happened.

There's literally text messages from the one guy she agreed to go home with, saying "you wanted it right"....after they realized what they had done.

Edited by Bardown

3 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Perhaps you haven't been following the story closely, but there has been alot come out that suggests this is bad. You can pretend its not by using the usual, innocent until proven guilty and of course that is a legal standard.

Sometimes you have to look at info that has already emerged, the fact 5 players left their teams and were arrested, the fact the entire hockey canada board stepped down, etc, and realize 2+2 does indeed equal 4.

1) I don’t for one minute suggest this is not bad

2) what we’ve seen and heard is a small piece of information

There were 8 people in that room. Others in the bar where they met her as well. Maybe even hotel staff and video.

Let’s wait until ALL the facts and testimony come out before we reserve judgement. 

Edited by Grandmaster
  • Haha 1

Just now, Grandmaster said:

1) I don’t for one minute suggest this is not bad

2) what we’ve seen and heard is a small piece of information

There were 8 people in that room. Others in the bar where they met her as well. Maybe even hotel staff and video.

Let’s wait until ALL the facts come out before we reserve judgement. 

Dude

There's text messages from the one guy she agreed to go back with saying "you wanted it from all of us right"....after they realized they raped her they wanted her to say she was ok with it.

There is testimony from other players saying at the bar, they tried to get a drunk girl to kiss a bunch of them and she did, then they said come back to the hotel with US...she said no because she got freaked out...

This was predatory man

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

You can not use any NDA to cover up a crime in Canada. Enough with this BS lunatic Right Wing Maga wannabe garbage. 

Wow. It doesn't cover the crime. It prevents the Disclosure of information from those involved in Part of the crime.

Been through this a few times. Your comment needs a more thought on procedure of application of DNA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Dude

There's text messages from the one guy she agreed to go back with saying "you wanted it from all of us right"....after they realized they raped her they wanted her to say she was ok with it.

There is testimony from other players saying at the bar, they tried to get a drunk girl to kiss a bunch of them and she did, then they said come back to the hotel with US...she said no because she got freaked out...

This was predatory man

Didn’t know any of this. Where did this come from? 

Just now, Grandmaster said:

Didn’t know any of this. Where did this come from? 

There's good articles about it on the athletic if you have it. There's an episode on The Fifth Estate YouTube channel. I believe the globe and mail also has good articles.

Inform yourself if you're gonna talk about the case.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1