[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

That is not how it works in Canada, she doesn’t and can’t press charges. The crown does. 

Someone has to file with the police / a police report that a crime has occurred. Then if there's enough evidence after investigation by the police the crown presses charges.

You are welcome to run around the interwebs trying to play semantics.

Yes we all know the crown has to press charges.

Jesus

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Law abiding or not if it was true, which it is not she could go to the. RCMP and media anyway as no NDA excuses a crime. 

An NDA can be applied AFTER a trial but can not excuse/mask/hide a crime. No one is above that not even a PM. Ridiculous this even has to be explained. 

And for someone who supposedly chooses no side you somehow bit on a right wing talking point hook line and sinker. 

Money fixes everything  for most people. 

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Law abiding or not if it was true, which it is not she could go to the. RCMP and media anyway as no NDA excuses a crime. 

An NDA can be applied AFTER a trial but can not excuse/mask/hide a crime. No one is above that not even a PM. Ridiculous this even has to be explained. 

And for someone who supposedly chooses no side you somehow bit on a right wing talking point hook line and sinker. 

Don’t like JT, one of my best friend worked with him in Whistler, he’s a douche bag, no wings, left or right but you seem to have found your spot in their cult.

4 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Someone has to file with the police / a police report that a crime has occurred. Then if there's enough evidence after investigation by the police the crown presses charges.

You are welcome to run around the interwebs trying to play semantics.

Yes we all know the crown has to press charges.

Jesus

It’s not semantics, she can ask for charges til she’s blue in the face, if the Crown says now she’s SOL. 

😂

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Don’t like JT, one of my best friend worked with him in Whistler, he’s a douche bag, no wings, left or right but you seem to have found your spot in their cult.

Nope I don’t even like Trudeau  and I didn’t even vote liberal, but that talking point is full of shit and as stated NDA does not hide criminal charges in Canada. It shouldn’t be this hard to grasp. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Nope I don’t even like Trudeau  and I didn’t even vote liberal, but that talking point is full of shit and as stated NDA does not hide criminal charges in Canada. It shouldn’t be this hard to grasp. 

If she doesn’t press charges they can’t charge him.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Whatever the words you want to use, geez, if she doesn’t agree to testify there’s no case.

She can ask for charges til she’s blue in the face if the Crown says no then no charges. 

How fucking hard is this to grasp? The username is truly fitting. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

She can ask for charges til she’s blue in the face if the Crown says no then no charges. 

How fucking hard is this to grasp? The username is truly fitting. 

That’s not the point to hush money, someone rapes someone then pays them off not to ask for charges so the rapist  gets  off. Don’t know what you can’t understand but maybe you could use my user name.

That’s not the point to hush money, someone rapes someone then pays them off not to ask for charges so the rapist  gets  off. Don’t know what you can’t understand but maybe you could use my user name.

And hush money cannot cover a crime in Canada. Ffs why is this so hard to grasp.

Not a single person I know that has been SA’d would not press charges if they could money or no money. 

Seriously how fucking dumb can you get? 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And hush money cannot cover a crime in Canada. Ffs why is this so hard to grasp.

Not a single person I know that has been SA’d would not press charges if they could money or no money. 

Seriously how fucking dumb can you get? 

So you’re telling me no rape victim in the history of Canada has ever agreed not to pursue charges in exchange for a large sum of money?

Also tone back the personal insults, it’s a violation of this site and I may have to file charges.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So you’re telling me no rape victim in the history of Canada has ever agreed not to pursue charges in exchange for a large sum of money?

Also tone back the personal insults, it’s a violation of this site and I may have to file charges.

Every single one I know would prefer charges over money. The humiliation, and damage that comes with sexual assault is not trivial. And people like you are the reason people stay quiet. 

Apparently the Crown has had a change of heart. 

More than likely due to all the attention being brought down on the OPP and the justice system. 

The case was never given adequate investigation or desire to do so until the entire world became aware of it.

The whole thing stinks of cover up and todays press conference confirms that . 

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

This is a question that is beyond the scope of the original discussion, but the issue with sexual assaults not making it to court involves a mixture of police procedures (including DNA extractions) and the scope of time. There's also something called plausible deniability (i.e. it was consensual)

Just because it goes to court doesn't necessarily mean there's guilt - that burden is on the prosecutors to make their case, which includes testimony and the use of evidence. I'm not making these rules up; that's what the court of law is.

Suppose that a man was allegedly sexually assaulted by a woman and it makes it to court. Does it mean that the woman is automatically guilty? No, there's a court procedure to determine guilt (or lack thereof). That's merely what I said in the post above. Nothing more, nothing less.

People are getting too carried away with the idea of someone being charged is a presumption of guilt. All charged individuals are innocent until PROVEN guilty. There is no proof of guilt YET. With this many people involved, I agree, it's very unlikely that anyone involved will be acquitted.

The complicated part of the rule of law is that a GUILTY verdict for someone may have been the wrong verdict (i.e. wrong person was arrested). And someone who was proven NOT GUILTY is not necessarily innocent of the accused crimes (i.e. the charged person got off on a legal technicality or there was some kind of proof required to FULLY link that person to the crime).

Holy cow, that was a ton of words to say not much of anything

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Cheers 1

Every single one I know would prefer charges over money. The humiliation, and damage that comes with sexual assault is not trivial. And people like you are the reason people stay quiet. 

That doesn’t answer my question, I’m sure many women accepted money. I did not ever pay anyone off so I don’t get how people like me are the reason people stay quiet. In fact I wish every single person that has ever raped anyone rot in jail til they die but that’s not how things work.

16 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That doesn’t answer my question, I’m sure many women accepted money. I did not ever pay anyone off so I don’t get how people like me are the reason people stay quiet. In fact I wish every single person that has ever raped anyone rot in jail til they die but that’s not how things work.

Keep telling yourself that while stigmatizing money shutting everyone up. 

20 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

For every one that just wants a payout theres 20-30+ that want actual justice. Not sure you’re on the right side of history there dumb nuck

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Keep telling yourself that while stigmatizing money shutting everyone up. 

Money makes a lot of stuff go away, I don’t agree with it but that’s how the real world works wether you like it or no and there is absolutely nothing you or I can do about it. 

Money makes a lot of stuff go away, I don’t agree with it but that’s how the real world works wether you like it or no and there is absolutely nothing you or I can do about it. 

For every one that just wants a payout theres 20-30+ that want actual justice. Not sure you’re on the right side of history there dumb nuck

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

What is that supposed to mean? Firstly I’m not saying every one is taking payouts, secondly I don’t condone the payouts, I’d rather they rot in jail but fact is some do takes payouts and the richer you are the better your chances of getting off.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Mind boggling you can believe this non sense even when NDA’s cannot cover up crime in Canada. What verifiable proof do you have that this is true? How can you believe a far right made up story with no evidence and verifiable truth NDA’s hold no legal weight in Canada.