[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Whatever the words you want to use, geez, if she doesn’t agree to testify there’s no case.

That's what happened with Kobe Bryant.  The accuser didn't want to testify so the Crown dropped the case.  They found semen of another man inside of her that was there after she met Bryant and before she took her rape exam.  So basically, she had had sex with another man within 15 hours after she was allegedly sexually assaulted by Bryant.  Her friend also testified that she was on anti-psychotic medication at the time of the alleged assault.  So that is why she walked away from the case.

Same with Patrick Kane.  She didn't want to co-operate, so the Crown didn't even charge him.  A DNA exam showed there was no evidence that Kane even had sex with her, so that is why the accuser walked away from this case.

You can't get a conviction in a sexual assault case unless the accuser co-operates and testifies.  So, the Crown will always dismiss the case if they can't proceed without the accuser co-operating.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, KZA said:

Oh my god shut up

Were you talking to me? I literally defined what the court of law does, which MeanSean literally said was a whole lot of nothing. But it's not nothing. The difference between charged and convicted are two SEPARATE THINGS done by two separate entities.

It's apparent that people can't comprehend the differences. Being charged =/= guilt

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That's what happened with Kobe Bryant.  The accuser didn't want to testify so the Crown dropped the case.  They found semen of another man inside of her that was there after she met Bryant and before she took her rape exam.  So basically, she had had sex with another man within 15 hours after she was allegedly sexually assaulted by Bryant.  Her friend also testified that she was on anti-psychotic medication at the time of the alleged assault.  So that is why she walked away from the case.

Same with Patrick Kane.  She didn't want to co-operate, so the Crown didn't even charge him.  A DNA exam showed there was no evidence that Kane even had sex with her, so that is why the accuser walked away from this case.

You can't get a conviction in a sexual assault case unless the accuser co-operates and testifies.  So, the Crown will always dismiss the case if they can't proceed without the accuser co-operating.

And on a related note about this, Virtanen was accused of sexual assault, but the only witnesses are him (the suspect) and her (the accuser). Then there's the scope of time.

Just because he was found "not guilty" doesn't mean he was innocent of the accusations, but he's "not guilty" in the eyes of the law.

People really need to see the law for what it is. It's not perfect and there's lots of shades of grey. For instance, a poster talked about some charges being put up as proof of wrongdoing. Sure, but it's up to the courts to weigh that "proof". Until the court day, the charge is a whole lot of POTENTIAL trouble. And even if charges are dropped (for whatever reason), you can bet the accused will have lots of questions asked about it.

The five players charged in this case are in a whole lot of trouble, with more trouble to come. That's where we stand.

• Cheers 1

DONT CARE IF THEY GET CHARGED OR NOT..IM SAYING YOU GUYS GIRLS CAN WASTE YOUR TIME AND ENERGY ON THIS MATTER FIRTHER IM OUT SINCE YOU PEOPLE ON HERE ARE TOO SENSITIVE..IM NOT MR KNOW IT ALL BUT I DO KNOW THAT BOTTOM LINE THE PLAYERS INVOLVED ARE JUST HUMAN AND THE WOMEN TOO..SAYING THAT ITS THE CULTURE HERE IN CANADA..LOOK AT THE DIVORCE RATES..END OF STORY...FIGURE IT OIT .

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • chaos 1

Just now, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

DONT CARE IF THEY GET CHARGED OR NOT..IM SAYING YOU GUYS GIRLS CAN WASTE YOUR TIME AND ENERGY ON THIS MATTER FIRTHER IM OUT SINCE YOU PEOPLE ON HERE ARE TOO SENSITIVE..IM NOT MR KNOW IT ALL BUT I DO KNOW THAT BOTTOM LINE THE PLAYERS INVOLVED ARE JUST HUMAN AND THE WOMEN TOO..SAYING THAT ITS THE CULTURE HERE IN CANADA..LOOK AT THE DIVORCE RATES..END OF STORY...FIGURE IT OIT .

Screaming Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

2 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

And on a related note about this, Virtanen was accused of sexual assault, but the only witnesses are him (the suspect) and her (the accuser). Then there's the scope of time.

Just because he was found "not guilty" doesn't mean he was innocent of the accusations, but he's "not guilty" in the eyes of the law.

People really need to see the law for what it is. It's not perfect and there's lots of shades of grey. For instance, a poster talked about some charges being put up as proof of wrongdoing. Sure, but it's up to the courts to weigh that "proof". Until the court day, the charge is a whole lot of POTENTIAL trouble. And even if charges are dropped (for whatever reason), you can bet the accused will have lots of questions asked about it.

The five players charged in this case are in a whole lot of trouble, with more trouble to come. That's where we stand.

In Virtanen's case, the evidence was pretty weak.  She stayed with him the entire night in the same bed that he allegedly sexually assaulted her in.  She then woke up the next morning, took a shower and asked him for cab fare to get home.  She also stated in testimony that he first tried to assault her on the balcony.  Evidence showed that the room didn't actually have a balcony.  Also, more testimony showed that she showed up a few days later at a Canucks practice to watch Virtanen practice with the team.

Nobody knows what happened in that room that night, but the evidence was pretty overwhelming that a sexual assault did not take place.  I remember in the CDC thread about this that there were posters who were still claiming that Virtanen was a rapist.  Virtanen from what I gather was a piece of shit of a human being and treated women like shit, but there was no evidence he was an actual rapist.

• Cheers 2

NEXT TIME YOU GO TO YOUR LOCAL RINK IF YOU DO AT ALL SEE HOW THE FANS BEHAVE AND THEN GO TO MINOR HOCKEY LIKE TRIPLE OR BANTAM SEE IF PARENTS WANT TO CLOBBER EACH OTHER...OR HOW ABOUT BURNABY WINTER CLUB WHERE YOU NEED DEEP POCKETS OR BE PART OF THE GANG OR YOUR OUT..IVE SEEN A LOT OF HOCKEY AND KNOW LOTS OF PLAYERS I LIKE THE GAME BUT ITS GETTING RUINED FROM THE GET GO...TOO MUCH BUSINESS TYPE ATMOSPHERE AND THEN FANS GET TOO COCKY..PLAYERS ARE THE HEROS SO CALLED..YOU HEREOES ARE GOING TO THE CLUNKER AND THAT WOMEN GOT 3 MILLION I GUESS..THATS NOT HOCKEY..THATS RUBBISH....I LIKE THE BCHL AND IT HAS IMPROVED...IM IN IT FOR THE GAME ONLY...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • chaos 2

14 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Were you talking to me? I literally defined what the court of law does, which MeanSean literally said was a whole lot of nothing. But it's not nothing. The difference between charged and convicted are two SEPARATE THINGS done by two separate entities.

It's apparent that people can't comprehend the differences. Being charged =/= guilt

I wasn't talking to anyone specifically, just saw a lot of off topic arguing in a pretty serious thread

I have no idea why people started arguing about Trump in a Hockey Canada thread but seriously take it outside

5 minutes ago, KZA said:

I wasn't talking to anyone specifically, just saw a lot of off topic arguing in a pretty serious thread

I have no idea why people started arguing about Trump in a Hockey Canada thread but seriously take it outside

Was brought up by Dumb Nuck  same as the flawed JT NDA bs 

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kobe paid her 2.5 mill out of court.  
Thats why it was dropped. 
The guy was a greasy rapist who bought his way out 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Did someone post this already?  Entire 2018 world junior team suspended from international competition by hockey Canada sounds like at least until after the court case so probably after 2026 Olympics.  No Makar for Canada.  

AP Logo

Show Search
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

•  

All players from 2018 world junior team remain suspended by Hockey Canada pending appeal

0 seconds of 1 minute, 17 seconds

The police chief in London, Ontario, issued a public apology to a woman who was allegedly sexually assaulted in 2018 by five hockey players — four of them current NHLers —for the length of time it took his department to issue charges. (Feb. 5)

Read MorePhotos
Updated 5:59 PM AST, February 5, 2024

Hockey Canada said Monday all 22 players from its 2018 world junior team remain suspended from representing the country at any international tournaments where the federation has control over rosters — including the Olympics and world championships — in light of sexual assault charges filed against five members of that team.

That includes NHL All-Stars Cale Makar of the Colorado Avalanche and Robert Thomas of the St. Louis Blues, who are not among those charged. Hockey Canada, in a statement responding to charges, said anyone involved with that team is “ineligible to play, coach, officiate or volunteer with Hockey Canada-sanctioned programs.”

A Hockey Canada spokesperson confirmed to The Associated Press that the appeals process that began in November is ongoing. After announcing the NHL would allow its players to participate in the next two Olympics, Commissioner Gary Bettman referenced players appealing Hockey Canada’s decision.

ADVERTISEMENT

Makar has repeatedly denied any involvement in the alleged sexual assault that led to charges against Carter Hart of the Philadelphia Flyers, Michael McLeod and Cal Foote of the New Jersey Devils, Dillion Dube of the Calgary Flames and former NHL player Alex Formenton.

MORE COVERAGE

London, Ontario, Police Detective Sgt. Katherine Dann, of the Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Section, speaks during a news conference in London, Monday, Feb. 5, 2024. The police chief of London, Ontario, issued a public apology on Monday to a woman who says she was sexually assaulted by five hockey players on Canada's 2018 world junior team— four of them currently in the NHL — for the length of time it took his department to complete its investigation of a case that has rocked the sport for years. (Geoff Robins/The Canadian Press via AP)

London, Ontario, Police Chief Thai Truong attends a news conference in London, Monday, Feb. 5, 2024. The police chief issued a public apology on Monday to a woman who says she was sexually assaulted by five hockey players on Canada's 2018 world junior team— four of them currently in the NHL — for the length of time it took his department to complete its investigation of a case that has rocked the sport for years. (Geoff Robins/The Canadian Press via AP)

FIEL - A Hockey Canada logo is displayed on a door at the organization's head office in Calgary, Alberta, Thursday, Jan. 11, 2024. Hockey is bracing for the next development in a scandal that has rocked the sport and led to multiple investigations into the actions of several prominent NHL players who were on Canada's gold-medal winning 2018 world junior team. Police in London, Ontario, scheduled a news conference for Feb. 5, 2024, to provide details about its sexual assault investigation involving members of Canada's world junior team. (Jeff McIntosh/The Canadian Press via AP, File)

“I’ve been kind of straightforward from the start that I wasn’t there,” Makar said Thursday during All-Star Weekend in Toronto. “I can’t stress enough that I wasn’t a part of that.”

Thomas, when asked about the situation, said: “I’ve said my comments and my statements. I’ve cooperated with the investigation, and that all I’m going to comment (on) at this.”

Bettman and Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly were asked about those players’ eligibility in tournaments moving forward, including the “4 Nations Face-off” scheduled to include the U.S., Canada, Sweden and Finland in February 2025. Daly said Hockey Canada had no say in who could play in that NHL-run event.

“This tournament is our tournament,” Daly said. “It will be our eligibility rules, not Hockey Canada’s.”

Makar, a 2022 Stanley Cup champion and playoff MVP who was also voted the league’s best defenseman that season, said it was tough not to be able to play in the world championships last year because of the Hockey Canada suspension.

“But at the end of the day, actions have consequences, and that’s what I was taught growing up,” Makar said.

___

AP hockey: 

•  

B31505739.387476288;dc_trk_aid=578744267;dc_trk_cid=179010869;ord=2024-02-06+14%3A36%3A36;dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=;tfua=;gdpr=0;gdpr_consent=;ltd=;dc_tdv=1?;dc_ref=apnews.com

ProfilesEngineServlet?at=20&mi=10&secure=1&dpi=359446293&rnd=774778&iiqidtype=2&iiqpcid=ea71c0e4-cb9c-403b-a15a-5e60e1eb5afd&iiqpciddate=1707230201505&tsrnd=445_1707230201509&fbp=2904609258&pcid=0258d952-2165-45a0-bad5-473e85385c8a-tuctcbbc973&idtype=0&vrref=apnews.com&jsver=5.4&abtp=100&abtg=A

5 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:
Did someone post this already?  Entire 2018 world junior team suspended from international competition by hockey Canada sounds like at least until after the court case so probably after 2026 Olympics.  No Makar for Canada.  

AP Logo

Show Search
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  •  
  •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  •  

All players from 2018 world junior team remain suspended by Hockey Canada pending appeal

0 seconds of 1 minute, 17 seconds

The police chief in London, Ontario, issued a public apology to a woman who was allegedly sexually assaulted in 2018 by five hockey players — four of them current NHLers —for the length of time it took his department to issue charges. (Feb. 5)

Read MorePhotos
Updated 5:59 PM AST, February 5, 2024

Hockey Canada said Monday all 22 players from its 2018 world junior team remain suspended from representing the country at any international tournaments where the federation has control over rosters — including the Olympics and world championships — in light of sexual assault charges filed against five members of that team.

That includes NHL All-Stars Cale Makar of the Colorado Avalanche and Robert Thomas of the St. Louis Blues, who are not among those charged. Hockey Canada, in a statement responding to charges, said anyone involved with that team is “ineligible to play, coach, officiate or volunteer with Hockey Canada-sanctioned programs.”

A Hockey Canada spokesperson confirmed to The Associated Press that the appeals process that began in November is ongoing. After announcing the NHL would allow its players to participate in the next two Olympics, Commissioner Gary Bettman referenced players appealing Hockey Canada’s decision.

ADVERTISEMENT

Makar has repeatedly denied any involvement in the alleged sexual assault that led to charges against Carter Hart of the Philadelphia Flyers, Michael McLeod and Cal Foote of the New Jersey Devils, Dillion Dube of the Calgary Flames and former NHL player Alex Formenton.

MORE COVERAGE

London, Ontario, Police Detective Sgt. Katherine Dann, of the Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Section, speaks during a news conference in London, Monday, Feb. 5, 2024. The police chief of London, Ontario, issued a public apology on Monday to a woman who says she was sexually assaulted by five hockey players on Canada's 2018 world junior team— four of them currently in the NHL — for the length of time it took his department to complete its investigation of a case that has rocked the sport for years. (Geoff Robins/The Canadian Press via AP)

London, Ontario, Police Chief Thai Truong attends a news conference in London, Monday, Feb. 5, 2024. The police chief issued a public apology on Monday to a woman who says she was sexually assaulted by five hockey players on Canada's 2018 world junior team— four of them currently in the NHL — for the length of time it took his department to complete its investigation of a case that has rocked the sport for years. (Geoff Robins/The Canadian Press via AP)

FIEL - A Hockey Canada logo is displayed on a door at the organization's head office in Calgary, Alberta, Thursday, Jan. 11, 2024. Hockey is bracing for the next development in a scandal that has rocked the sport and led to multiple investigations into the actions of several prominent NHL players who were on Canada's gold-medal winning 2018 world junior team. Police in London, Ontario, scheduled a news conference for Feb. 5, 2024, to provide details about its sexual assault investigation involving members of Canada's world junior team. (Jeff McIntosh/The Canadian Press via AP, File)

“I’ve been kind of straightforward from the start that I wasn’t there,” Makar said Thursday during All-Star Weekend in Toronto. “I can’t stress enough that I wasn’t a part of that.”

Thomas, when asked about the situation, said: “I’ve said my comments and my statements. I’ve cooperated with the investigation, and that all I’m going to comment (on) at this.”

Bettman and Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly were asked about those players’ eligibility in tournaments moving forward, including the “4 Nations Face-off” scheduled to include the U.S., Canada, Sweden and Finland in February 2025. Daly said Hockey Canada had no say in who could play in that NHL-run event.

“This tournament is our tournament,” Daly said. “It will be our eligibility rules, not Hockey Canada’s.”

Makar, a 2022 Stanley Cup champion and playoff MVP who was also voted the league’s best defenseman that season, said it was tough not to be able to play in the world championships last year because of the Hockey Canada suspension.

“But at the end of the day, actions have consequences, and that’s what I was taught growing up,” Makar said.

___

AP hockey: 

•  

B31505739.387476288;dc_trk_aid=578744267;dc_trk_cid=179010869;ord=2024-02-06+14%3A36%3A36;dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=;tfua=;gdpr=0;gdpr_consent=;ltd=;dc_tdv=1?;dc_ref=apnews.com

ProfilesEngineServlet?at=20&mi=10&secure=1&dpi=359446293&rnd=774778&iiqidtype=2&iiqpcid=ea71c0e4-cb9c-403b-a15a-5e60e1eb5afd&iiqpciddate=1707230201505&tsrnd=445_1707230201509&fbp=2904609258&pcid=0258d952-2165-45a0-bad5-473e85385c8a-tuctcbbc973&idtype=0&vrref=apnews.com&jsver=5.4&abtp=100&abtg=A

Kinda weird they would suspend all the players when some had clear alibis?  I get where they're coming from, but it seems like a lazy decision more than anything. 

18 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Kinda weird they would suspend all the players when some had clear alibis?  I get where they're coming from, but it seems like a lazy decision more than anything. 

The suspension has been in place since 2022 iirc when fewer details were known and names hadn't emerged. Moreover, the names of the players who were in the room but were not charged haven't been made public. It's a "cover your bases" thing.

Edited by 112
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

As far as I know originally she took money not to persue charges, it happened to be a case that came to mind. You have some serious issues with this subject and are trying to paint yourself as a victim and everyone else as the problem. I will longer entertain you delusion, please refrain from quoting me or replying to me, I wish there was a was to block you.

don’t think her case had anything to do with rape.  It was hush money paid to her to remain quiet about their affair.  Not a good look when you are running for the presidency and the public finds out you slept with a porn star while you are married.

9 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

Not really. It's not my fault that you can't see the shades of grey that seemed to be missing from your original post.

What shades of grey, explain what you mean by this. My statement is that we have to take this matter very seriously since these charges being laid means something serious. The fact they are charges being laid, against high profile professional athletes, in a type of crime that rarely makes it to court, many years after the original crime, means they likely have some pretty substantial evidence.

You said just because charges are being laid, it means nothing. I said it definitely means something because there are numerous factors in the case that would decrease the chances of formal charges being laid, and they are still being laid. 

So why don't you explain to me which shades of grey I'm missing.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Wow. 

"Too sensitive"

"Just human"

I hope you don't have a daughter and, if you do, put this into context.

Just as a guy can mouth off but if someone belts him, it's assault. Women can be flirtatious, dress scantily, "act" a certain way but the bottom line is...if you (gang) rape them, it's an assault. It's on you, not them. 

Women (people) are allowed to "act" any damn way they please but it doesn't give anyone a free pass to assault them.

you obviously dont get out much...this is why we have the culture and problems...you sayits ok to dress sleazy and act sleazy..just dont cause any attention from the bad boys..thats like the rat eating the cheese but your home will destroyed from chewed wires...good luck with that theory...train the kids to keep acting this way...hockey moms and dads fight in the rinks and girls keep flirting with them hockey jocks until you get money...good one

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1
  • chaos 1

13 minutes ago, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

you obviously dont get out much...this is why we have the culture and problems...you sayits ok to dress sleazy and act sleazy..just dont cause any attention from the bad boys..thats like the rat eating the cheese but your home will destroyed from chewed wires...good luck with that theory...train the kids to keep acting this way...hockey moms and dads fight in the rinks and girls keep flirting with them hockey jocks until you get money...good one

Please don't breed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

Why don't you just say "she was asking for it"? Your opinions are putrid. The onus is not on women (or anyone) to dress in a manner that satisfies the church, old standards, etc., but rather it's on everyone not to commit rape.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

What shades of grey, explain what you mean by this. My statement is that we have to take this matter very seriously since these charges being laid means something serious. The fact they are charges being laid, against high profile professional athletes, in a type of crime that rarely makes it to court, many years after the original crime, means they likely have some pretty substantial evidence.

You said just because charges are being laid, it means nothing. I said it definitely means something because there are numerous factors in the case that would decrease the chances of formal charges being laid, and they are still being laid. 

So why don't you explain to me which shades of grey I'm missing.

I LITERALLY did not say this. Find my comment and point out where I said exactly this. Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work. That's part of why I posted what I did. The shades of grey are literally your blind spots.

1 hour ago, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

No, people like you are the reason "we have a culture problem". It's ok to dress how ever the hell you want, it should play zero roll on being sexually assaulted or not.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1