[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

3 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

I LITERALLY did not say this. Find my comment and point out where I said exactly this. Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work. That's part of why I posted what I did. The shades of grey are literally your blind spots.

16 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

Actually, it simply means there's enough evidence to proceed with trial. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't mean there's some semblance of guilt 

Oh really? If there's enough evidence to be pursuing these charges given all the factors that would lead to this being very difficult to prove, they clearly have some pretty damning evidence. With pretty basic knowledge of how sexual assault cases are criminal prosecuted, which I very unfortunately have, you would need to be pretty ignorant to not believe there was some serious wrong doings that night.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

Oh really? 

Re-read it again.

I LITERALLY as in word for word did not say it was nothing. It's enough to proceed to trial. It doesn't negate anything. It doesn't say that the evidence is trash. It doesn't say that the persons charged are guilty. THAT is for the court to decide.

That is a major whiff by you.

1 minute ago, PureQuickness said:

Re-read it again.

I LITERALLY as in word for word did not say it was nothing. It's enough to proceed to trial. It doesn't negate anything. It doesn't say that the evidence is trash. It doesn't say that the persons charged are guilty. THAT is for the court to decide.

That is a major whiff by you.

It's really not. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Oh really? If there's enough evidence to be pursuing these charges given all the factors that would lead to this being very difficult to prove, they clearly have some pretty damning evidence. With pretty basic knowledge of how sexual assault cases are criminal prosecuted, which I very unfortunately have, you would need to be pretty ignorant to not believe there was some serious wrong doings that night.

I never said that this would be very difficult to prove. Again, find my original posts and stop talking out of your ass. Are you sure you're talking to the right poster? Because I NEVER said that the charges would be very difficult to prove.

I LITERALLY said that it's up to the courts to weigh the evidence, which is not insignificant. There's too many people involved that this will be unlikely to result in acquittals.

Again, find my goddamn posts that say what you think I'm saying. Stop trying to do the "got'em" trick.

4 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

It's really not. 

literally means word for word. Nowhere did I say that the charges are "nothing", which is what you claimed I said. That is wrong. And the fact that I gave you a chance to look at my original posts, find it, and then re-read it again, you failed on all those goddamn attempts.

Holy shit.

Just now, PureQuickness said:

I never said that this would be very difficult to prove. Again, find my original posts and stop talking out of your ass. Are you sure you're talking to the right poster? Because I NEVER said that the charges would be very difficult to prove.

I LITERALLY said that it's up to the courts to weigh the evidence, which is not insignificant. There's too many people involved that this will be unlikely to result in acquittals.

Again, find my goddamn posts that say what you think I'm saying. Stop trying to do the "got'em" trick.

I'm not trying to got'em anything. You entered this conversation with me, and I think the point you were trying to make was ignorant and I've expressed myself as such.

• Sad 1

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

I'm not trying to got'em anything. You entered this conversation with me, and I think the point you were trying to make was ignorant and I've expressed myself as such.

You misinterpreted my comment. You couldn't find proof of what you THOUGHT I said, and then you claim that I'm making an ignorant statement when I merely summarized what the court of law does.

I never at any point insinuated that court of law works as intended, nor did I say that the rule of law is infallible.

These are the many shades of grey that I was trying to point out to you, but you're not reading. You're just posting what you think I'm saying and I told you to go find my original posts. I didn't edit them.

Why are you telling people that they're ignorant when you are lacking reading comprehension? Maybe you're too worked on this topic and that's ok. I understand, but don't accuse me of something that I didn't say. That's goddamn bullshit.

Just now, PureQuickness said:

You misinterpreted my comment. You couldn't find proof of what you THOUGHT I said, and then you claim that I'm making an ignorant statement when I merely summarized what the court of law does.

I never at any point insinuated that court of law works as intended, nor did I say that the rule of law is infallible.

These are the many shades of grey that I was trying to point out to you, but you're not reading. You're just posting what you think I'm saying and I told you to go find my original posts. I didn't edit them.

Why are you telling people that they're ignorant when you are lacking reading comprehension? Maybe you're too worked on this topic and that's ok. I understand, but don't accuse me of something that I didn't say. That's goddamn bullshit.

Someone said the charges mean nothing, I said they mean something, you jumped in to the conversation to "well actually" me. I'm pretty comfortable with how I interpreted your post. we can move from this, there's nothing left to say.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Someone said the charges mean nothing, I said they mean something, you jumped in to the conversation to "well actually" me. I'm pretty comfortable with how I interpreted your post. we can move from this, there's nothing left to say.

So you're pretty comfortable with not re-assessing with what you actually see, as in words that a poster talk about, you're ok with being wrong?

I fucking hate people accusing me of shit I didn't say. I told you to find my original posts and tell me EXACTLY where I said that the charges mean nothing. I never at any goddamn point say this. I merely said that it's important to distinguish the differences between being charged and being convicted. There are plenty of people who were charged and their charges were dropped for various reasons. Hell, Virtanen was charged and was found not guilty, which doesn't mean he's innocent.

I've been simply trying to point out to you that being charged is just one step in the law of courts. You can talk about how ineffective the rule of laws is against SA victims, and that's something I agree with. But don't fucking accuse me of saying shit that I didn't say. Find my goddamn posts and re-read AGAIN, or don't.

But if you're gonna be wrong, don't be an idiot and just double-down on it. I'd appreciate people who realize they fucked up (as we all do) and just admit that you made a mistake. It's not that big of a deal. I've fucked up plenty of times and I'll admit it. I feel more comfortable that way. It means I can learn from my mistakes.

Being comfortable with being wrong is NOT a good look for you.

Edited by PureQuickness
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's victim blaming like this that needs to be eliminated to change the culture.  Why not be part of the solution instead of the problem?

Because it's easier to stay in 1956.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

It's victim blaming like this that needs to be eliminated to change the culture.  Why not be part of the solution instead of the problem?

I thought he was a troll which is sad enough but he might be a real person which is even worse

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Kobe paid her 2.5 mill out of court.  
Thats why it was dropped. 
The guy was a greasy rapist who bought his way out 

Wrong.  The case was dropped in September 2004 because the evidence didn't line up.  She literally had sex with another guy 15 hours after the alleged sexual assault and prior to her taking her rape test.  The civil case and the payout was not settled until March 2005, 6 months later.

42 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wrong.  The case was dropped in September 2004 because the evidence didn't line up.  She literally had sex with another guy 15 hours after the alleged sexual assault and prior to her taking her rape test.  The civil case and the payout was not settled until March 2005, 6 months later.

He was a greasy shitty rapist.  
Do you not remember the shit those lawyers dragged that poor girl through?  
He had a defence team that only a multimillionaire could afford and they went dirty as hell.  
Then he still gave her 2.5mill out of court.  

Kobe was a rapist piece of shit.  
Good riddance. 

9 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

He was a greasy shitty rapist.  
Do you not remember the shit those lawyers dragged that poor girl through?  
He had a defence team that only a multimillionaire could afford and they went dirty as hell.  
Then he still gave her 2.5mill out of court.  

Kobe was a rapist piece of shit.  
Good riddance. 

Again, another poster calling someone who's case was literally dropped a rapist, same as the posters calling Jake Virtanen a rapist even though he was acquitted of the crime.  Both cases with weak evidence.  Some posters never learn...

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Again, another poster calling someone who's case was literally dropped a rapist, same as the posters calling Jake Virtanen a rapist even though he was acquitted of the crime.  Both cases with weak evidence.  Some posters never learn...

Ok Rapist sympathizer. 
If you didn’t rape someone, would you pay them 2.5 million?

Or would you and your top notch team of lawyers fight it out?   

27 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Ok Rapist sympathizer. 
If you didn’t rape someone, would you pay them 2.5 million?

Or would you and your top notch team of lawyers fight it out?   

I don't call anyone who was acquitted of rape a rapist.  That's how the law works in this country.  So, you can take that comment and shove it up your you know what...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

No, people like you are the reason "we have a culture problem". It's ok to dress how ever the hell you want, it should play zero roll on being sexually assaulted or not.

Right? Whether wearing a parka or string bikini consent is consent. I really don’t get how in 2024 people are still bringing up how someone is dressed as an excuse. 

Drama Club No GIF by Nickelodeon

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why a payout if he was innocent? 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Why a payout if he was innocent? 

Why did the accuser walk away from the criminal trial if Kobe was guilty?  Was it the fact that another man’s semen was on her underwear?  Why pursue the civil trial when it’s all about the money versus walking away from the criminal trial where most accusers simply want justice?

A civil trial has a lower standard for guilt. Everyone knows this.  So instead of spending another year in court a man whose net worth was $400 million simply settled out of court. This happens quite often.  The accuser got her money and walked away.  If she actually wanted justice she wouldn’t have walked away from the criminal trial.

I swear I used to see some news and interesting discussion on the forum.

This thread is a bunch of dorks trying to claim an imaginary moral high ground and calling each other rape apologists.

What a pile of terrible communicators. The goal of conversation isn't to win. And even if it was, you don't win by being the last person to say something.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

THIS IS WHY I CHOSE NOT TO ARGUE..SOME PEOLE ON HERE ARE JUST MIS INFORMED LIKE A TEXT YOU CAN NOT FIGURE OUT ..IM SAYING IF YOU GO OUT AND WANNA PLAY WITH FIRE YOU WILL GET INTO TROUBLE RAPE WHATEVER...IF YOU WANT TO DRESS YOUR KIDS LIKE FLOOSY THEN I THINK THEY DESERVE IT...AS FOR BEING RAPED OR FORCED INTO SEX NO NO..BUT IF YOU SAY YES AND PARTY WITH THE BOYS ITS YOUR CHOICE...IF THESE PLAYERS ACTUALLY FORCED HER TO HAVE SEX THAN THEY DESERVE TO BE KICKED OUT OF THE NHL...BUT I THINK ITS TWO PARTIES AT FAULT ...ARE YOU SAYING THAT WOMEN ARE DANGEROUS WHEN THEY GET DRUNK OR THE HOCKEY PLAYERS...ITS JUST THE WAY IT HAS BEEN....NOT RAPE THE WOMEN WANT IT...

You're acting like a disgusting, terrible person, and I feel shame to share this board with you.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1