[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

3 minutes ago, FanInNorway said:

Both Foote and McLeod are absent from Devils practice. Both were also on the 2018 team.  Possibly the last remaining 2 there with Hart, Dube and Formenton.

Edit: Spelling

Foote

Matthew Broderick GIF

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So back in August they said 5 players would be suspended. Looks like we know who two of them are. I’m sure we will find out shortly who the other 3 are.  Also, said some “significant names”. 

This tweet reads like 

"nah, nah, nah, na- I know something you don't".

"He knows, but won't say"    ------- well then, shut up.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gurn said:

This tweet reads like 

"nah, nah, nah, na- I know something you don't".

"He knows, but won't say"    ------- well then, shut up.

"significant names" yeah no shit, anyone that's on here is significant lol

• Upvote 1

Assuming the names suspected are actually NHL players...

If you know you're one of the players on that list, how have you been able play NHL games knowing you're being suspected of such an egregious crime?  What kind of moral gymnastics would you be having to do in your head to justify the salary you're collecting on a game-by-game basis knowing what you did, let alone being actively investigated for it.

Crazy. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

If you know you're one of the players on that list, how have you been able play NHL games knowing you're being suspected of such an egregious crime?  What kind of moral gymnastics would you be having to do in your head to justify the salary you're collecting on a game-by-game basis knowing what you did, let alone being actively investigated for it.

Crazy. 

I'm interested in seeing the reaction of organizations who have significant players involved in this.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Crazy. 

you are assuming they believe themselves guilty, but just kept on going.

This is all  alleged, criminal doing, not proven criminal doing.

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

you are assuming they believe themselves guilty, but just kept on going.

This is all  alleged, criminal doing, not proven criminal doing.

That's not what I intended to suggest, let me clarify my initial post. 

Assuming you're one of the players on the list AND you know deep down you've actually committed the crime, how do you have the moral conscience to continue to play in the NHL while being investigated. 

• Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Crazy. 

Got to make as much money as you can now knowing that you're (assuming NHL does the right thing) never playing professional hockey in a country not named Russia for the rest of your life.

33 minutes ago, stawns said:

Ditto.  If it's not, let's hope Sergei is ready to step up for awhile because Adam will likely take a loa

I would be surprised, certainly that it would happen any time soon. This has been going on for awhile and will for awhile after. If it comes to charges and a court case, he may, but unlikely before then.

Ok so here's what I dont understand.

None of the players were playing for an NHL team at the time. So how can the NHL suspend anyone for something that happened before their employment? Before they signed a code of conduct?

I can totally understand the players being banned from any Hockey Canada type things. Spengler Cup, Olympics etc. But if a player didnt "work" for an employer when an incident happened, how the hell can that employer discipline someone for it?

Maybe thats why players are taking a voluntary leave of absence

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I would be surprised, certainly that it would happen any time soon. This has been going on for awhile and will for awhile after. If it comes to charges and a court case, he may, but unlikely before then.

Well generally surrendering indicates they're about to be arrested