[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Short statement would be he has no knowledge of anything that may/may not  have happened, and for further questions, please contact Canucks head office.

That should be that... 

Don't let the vultures get any blood....

Exactly.

Just walk away and dont give media anything and my guess is they will divert there attention to the Flyers, Devils and Flames

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Short statement would be he has no knowledge of anything that may/may not  have happened, and for further questions, please contact Canucks head office.

That should be that... 

Don't let the vultures get any blood....

My point wasn't any kind of implication, but being a dad

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Whether Cal gets charged or not, his father will always be his father 

Of course, that's why id expect we'd see him take an loa

I'm curious to see the ripple effect on the brass.  One of my close friends from the bchl is one of the top 3 guys in hockey Canada and has been on the ice with every medal winning team for almost two decades.  I can't see him surviving this 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Fuck what a mess. I honestly feel bad for everyone involved. Of course the victim first. Hope she is getting all the help she needs.

But to the players who royally fucked up, folks need to understand something... If you're an uber driver, a student, a contractor, whatever and you are charged with sexual assault, there is a high likelihood you will serve your time and still become employed after. Youre friends and family will know.. but life will probably restart. Youre life isnt ruined. Youre career isnt over. You can repent, serve your time, try and make a difference for the better... but your life is likely not completely over at 24. For these guys their life is basically over, their dream is over.. Thats got to be tough.

Again, I'm not condoning or defending the actions... but I do think its sad when something you do at 18 has the power to destroy everything. 

Lots of lives destroyed here. 

Their hockey careers are almost surely over.  If arrested and convicted, they absolutely are

• Sad 2
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

If Corey Perry's contract can be terminated for getting drunk and being inappropriate with a female employee, then the NHL players involved may never play in the league again.

Obviously that's down the road, but it's not looking good

Tbh if its rape, then they really shouldn't be allowed to play again... What a disgusting example to set...

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Fuck what a mess. I honestly feel bad for everyone involved. Of course the victim first. Hope she is getting all the help she needs.

But to the players who royally fucked up, folks need to understand something... If you're an uber driver, a student, a contractor, whatever and you are charged with sexual assault, there is a high likelihood you will serve your time and still become employed after. Youre friends and family will know.. but life will probably restart. Youre life isnt ruined. Youre career isnt over. You can repent, serve your time, try and make a difference for the better... but your life is likely not completely over at 24. For these guys their life is basically over, their dream is over.. Thats got to be tough.

Again, I'm not condoning or defending the actions... but I do think its sad when something you do at 18 has the power to destroy everything. 

Lots of lives destroyed here. 

It's important to see things from different perspectives of course. Too often celebrities get a slap on the wrist whereas regular folks take the full brunt of the justice. Here, these players very well could get the full brunt of it.

An example of a 'celebrity' getting away with rape: the guy at the Yale(?) school who was caught by two bystanders trying to have sex with a passed out girl. The dude tried to run away, but was caught. Afterwards, his parents were complaining that his life would get "ruined" by a "10 minute mistake" (or something to that effect). He served his time (it was significantly reduced), got his name changed, and ran around the country. It should be noted that he had wealthy parents.

If one doesn't want to do the time, don't do the crime. Rape is not excusable (I know you're not making excuses for this) but these alleged rapists should NOT be pitied. There's lots of 2018 players that aren't named in this. They did something right.

Unrelated to this: Danny Briere from all accounts is a solid guy, but his son is a POS. This is how we should look at Adam Foote (Cal Foote), if in fact Cal is implicated/involved. With Carter Hart, Briere is potentially dealing with a second scandal. Yikes.

• Cheers 1

Just now, spook007 said:

Tbh if its rape, then they really shouldn't be allowed to play again... What a disgusting example to set...

Agree completely.  As I've always said, the worst people I've ever known in my life were high level hockey people.  I'll bet that if this kind of thing were taken seriously when I played jr, probably a third of the players I played with would have been arrested.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Ugh. I hate that we have a connection to this. But I'm also glad that the victim is getting some measure of justice in this, finally.

I agree

What bothers me most about this is that is was 2018

The people have been free, forgetting about it and laughing and enjoying life, while the victim has been affected since that time

Just heard from friend yesterday , big guy on a big adv motorcycle who was rear ended by a texter in 2021 and sent him through the rear windshield of the car in front of him at a stop

His face is scarred, he can barely move and lucky to be alive, The driver pays higher insurance and parties on, while my friend suffers

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

Foote was the head coach of the rockets and both Cal.and Dube were on that team.  I find it hard to believe that that info wouldn't have been dressing room fodder.  This could impact Van more than we think 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Goalie29 said:

Not necessarily in the same career.  Many careers require criminal record checks and if you fail that, you need to look for a different career.

Sports careers are public people that many look up to.  I don't care that they were 18.  At 18 you are old enough to know that sexual assault is wrong.  There is no excuse.  I have zero sympathy if they are in fact guilty.

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Uber drivers and contractors don't earn millions of dollars playing sports.  These guys are the faces of lucrative business franchises.  They have a public image to maintain and have had to do so since they were drafted into the CHL as 15 year olds.  

These fucks don't deserve your sympathy.

Grow up.

Its really easy to talk big like that... It takes a bigger person to understand how empathy works. Even perpetrators are people too.

I suppose if it was your son, or your dad, or your brother that did this you would feel the same way? Disown them, hate them for the rest of their lives? Go around talking hate towards them? I doubt it.

It's ok to hate what they did, its ok to take a position on the actions, but it takes a much bigger person to look beyond that and see a human and have empathy for them. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Foote was the head coach of the rockets and both Cal.and Dube were on that team.  I find it hard to believe that that info wouldn't have been dressing room fodder.  This could impact Van more than we think 

I dunno I’m not sure that’s something you talk about in front of your dad.

We’ll see how involved he was but I would imagine Adam might take a leave of absence.

• Cheers 3