(Report) Leafs Hire Berube as Head Coach

Another team in a rush to hire another coach.

Not able or willing, to wait to see if a better coach becomes available by play offs end.

for example- if Tampa and coach Cooper decide to part ways- isn't Cooper a better coach than Craig?

• Like 1

Would have been smart to wait.  There's some big name coaches out there in the hot seat that could have been available.  Berube is a good coach, but I also think he had a Blues team that caught fire at the right time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Would have been smart to wait.  There's some big name coaches out there in the hot seat that could have been available.  Berube is a good coach, but I also think he had a Blues team that caught fire at the right time.

without some big changes I don't see what CB is going to do much differently than whats his name they just canned. 

15 minutes ago, Canuck-Man said:

Huh, I thought for sure it was going to be Rod Brind'Amour.

Berube has actually won a cup, Brind'Amour not so much.  Berube is also BFF's with Tocchet.  I am sure he will whip those Maple Leafs into shape.  I actually like this signing for Toronto.  I called it months ago...

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Actually, this is the new Leafs coach...

Yup. Berube was a tough nut, that’s for sure. But the current Leafs? Not so much. From headaches to tummy troubles. Softies. Which Leaf is this? image.jpeg.86e794253a9181b81880622571f5efc7.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Berube was a tough nut, that’s for sure. But the current Leafs? Not so much. From headaches to tummy troubles. Softies. Which Leaf is this? image.jpeg.86e794253a9181b81880622571f5efc7.jpeg

The softies will surely be traded.  I think Mitch Marner is the first to go...

• ThereItIs 1

I didn't really pay much attention to Berube's coaching other than when we faced off against the Blues in the bubble. He was atrocious and lost his team the series by insisting to play Binnington instead of Allen. 

Subsequently, the Leaf's also announced that they have preemptively fired Craig Berebe when it was predetermined he would NOT get the Leaf's past the first round next season. In the same press conference, the Leaf's also announced raises and extensions for the senior management team as well as extensions for Tavares (12 million per season for the next 8 seasons), Marner, 13 million for the next 8 seasons. With their remaining $327.28 in cap space, the Leaf's also unveiled 2 pilons dressed in Leaf's jerseys, to round out their defense for the year.

After the press conference, they all ate cake made of what we suspect was likely crystal meth and other suspicious substances.

Within an hour of the press conference, liquor stores throughout Ontario were reporting shortages of most alcoholic beverages.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Gurn said:

Another team in a rush to hire another coach.

Not able or willing, to wait to see if a better coach becomes available by play offs end.

for example- if Tampa and coach Cooper decide to part ways- isn't Cooper a better coach than Craig?

Very unlikely Tampa lets Cooper go. If they wanted to fire him, they would have by now.

If you wait too long, Berube could be hired by another team.