GDT - CANUCKS vs OILERS. GAME 6 - Finish Them! 5pm PST.

Skinner in is an interesting choice. I don't see the value in it. I mean, he might be motivated. But I just don't think going away from a goalie playing well for a hopefully motivated one is smart coaching. Knob has been getting so much credit for his coaching. When they really just boil down to "play McDavid and Draisaitl more." And now he went from a goalie playing well, to a previously terrible one. The best coaching decision he made was swapping off of Skinner.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There was rumor that they were considering having three lanes running under the present deck going the opposite way, which would have involved adding more posts for support but the landowners on the North/West Vancouver end nixed the deal. 

it is about making a decision and sticking with it. The most that’s been done to that bridge was to replace the deck. 

and? Widening the causeway would make complete sense. Why was it okay to take out thousands of trees beforehand but now taking down much less trees to widen the causeway is an issue?

There is a huge bottleneck every day on that route. Every single day. You have to update infrastructure eventually rather than hoping things will improve magically. 

Cool. 

Someone hates their commute haha!

But for real, I had to do that work commute on public transit for a spell as a younger gramma and holy hell was it brutal!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Skinner in is an interesting choice. I don't see the value in it. I mean, he might be motivated. But I just don't think going away from a goalie playing well for a hopefully motivated one is smart coaching. Knob has been getting so much credit for his coaching. When they really just boil down to "play McDavid and Draisaitl more." And now he went from a goalie playing well, to a previously terrible one. The best coaching decision he made was swapping off of Skinner.

Scapegoat Skinner. They’ll run him out of town, and not improve the position yet again. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I've said for years that WHEN we have a parade that it should start at the PNE and end up at Rogers... Canuck history from start to finish

Aqua man should break out the cheque book and get U2 there as well

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

If they win tonight he’ll look genius. Players might be more defensive too. 
I’m so nervous as time gets closer to puck drop 😆 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I expect the first few shots and the first Canuck goal to be a key regards Skinner... if he looks shaky and the Canucks score early, he will be bombed.

But he will be completely motivated to play well, and had two games to look at his own failures and mistakes.

Need to pepper him early and constantly with shots.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I've said for years that WHEN we have a parade that it should start at the PNE and end up at Rogers... Canuck history from start to finish

Down East Hastings!?!

Yikes.

i think the SunRun route would be perfect..

But, we would have to get that massive weight over two bridges

• Like 2

If the Canucks don't bring their A game they will not win.

Oilers will be desperate... they will be buzzing with adrenaline from their crowd which will be screaming.

Need to shut down the crowd with goals and hits.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

If they win tonight he’ll look genius. Players might be more defensive too. 
I’m so nervous as time gets closer to puck drop 😆 

They have an AHL blueline, the only reason we haven't exploited it more is cause they swapped off Skinner and Pickard has been playing well, and McDavid and Draisaitl are putting on a puck control clinic. Even if they win tonight, the odds of Skinner playing back to back good games just feels so low. This is definitely gonna be an interesting game.

6 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Oilers will be desperate... they will be buzzing with adrenaline from their crowd which will be screaming.

Need to shut down the crowd with goals and hits.

McDavid going to be extra motivated with a TSN article out that even dares questioning if he’s to blame or we are to be given due credit. Season on the line and coming off a bad game - we are going to have our hands full trying to contain him. But if anyone can - it’s this group!

• Like 1

Skinner is either gonna have the game of his life tonight or more likely shit the bed and handing the win to us on a silver platter. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

McDavid going to be extra motivated with a TSN article out that even dares questioning if he’s to blame or we are to be given due credit. Season on the line and coming off a bad game - we are going to have our hands full trying to contain him. But if anyone can - it’s this group!

You just know Edmonton is gonna play 97/29 for 40min tonight. 

9 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Without Demko and with Petey not at his best for most of the post season.

I think the Canucks have still to bring their real A game.

We are better than the Oilers by quite a bit.

We gotta play our game. Keep the tempo up and the pressure on and things should go our way.

LFG!

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Yep...  He is nothing if not proud... he will be super pissed at that article... and the fact he was a non-factor last game.

This is not going to be easy.... they need to withstand the first period Blitz the Oilers will put on... but if they can do that and either be up or not down by more than a goal, our good end game record should give a victory.

McDavid and Draisaitl have to be getting tired... even though they only played 23:00 min. last game... they have been getting hit regularly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Scapegoat Skinner. They’ll run him out of town, and not improve the position yet again. 

I have to wonder how he would do with decent d in front of him.

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I see this picture I think of how stupid it is to have a three lane bridge when a six to eight lane bridge would have been far better. 

Or maybe... I dunno.... 4 lanes? You know, 2+2.