GDT - CANUCKS vs OILERS. GAME 6 - Finish Them! 5pm PST.

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Except they hadn't lost 3 games already after game 5 to LA....

Canucks in 6

they're referring to the series in 2022. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, chris12345 said:

I'll never cheer for a Canadian team other than Van.

She's Van or bust.

I don't cheer for any other team. In the nhl. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

Why back up if he is healthy?

Arturs net to lose. He's been great. Reward good work. Thatchers seems like a team first player just look how happy he was when Casey had a great game when needed. 

Three really good goalies what a awesome feeling. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Desmenko 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

they're referring to the series in 2022. 

Very different set of circumstances. First round versus second, I think it gets harder and harder to come back in deeper playoff rounds due to fatigue. Also, Edmonton had absolutely lit up LA in a few of those games, scoring 6 in one and 8 in another. Also Edmonton’s goalie was Mike Smith and the Oilers had home ice for game 7 of that series. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So, the way I see it, Oilers don’t matter, we need another mother of all elbows against Dallas, then exact or 30 year revenge against the Rangers.

That would tie our history into a tidy bow.   Playing NYR in the final, would be cathartic.    Honestly feel the West is best this year.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

For me it was when he did a little fake pass on the breakout and then held the puck. Was tiny but a great sign of last year's petey. We'll need it again today.

Today will be a tough fight, the sort of game where garland, bluegs and josh can take advantage. Great signs last game, be great if we can pk less and they can connect this time. 

They say they "weren't at their best".    We haven't played our best game yet either, despite Game 5 probably the best so far.     It's going to be a titanic battle.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

They say they "weren't at their best".    We haven't played our best game yet either, despite Game 5 probably the best so far.     It's going to be a titanic battle.   

Petey not leading the way all playoffs and 3rd stringer goalie playing all but two games...  Somehow up 3-2 in the series in the 2nd round?  Nobody would have predicted this.  How much better can we get once Demmers back and Petey is playing more like himself? 

Edited by Hogs and Podz
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

54 minutes ago, IBatch said:

As for those who won't cheer for EDM once it's all said and done (it's not going to happen thank god)   It's a little telling, that EDM fans are saying they'd cheer for us, and Canuck fans not as many the other way around.   If we weren't playing a group of dirty divers ... and a team just like ours instead, believe that poll would reflect that and we'd reciprocate.   This isn't the 80'-90 Oiler team.   It's also not the Pronger led Oilers either.    A ton of us supported the Oilers back then. 

We've never really had a rivalry with EDM either.   We did against CAL, twice.    Both those teams I respected a lot of their players.    Robert's (despite running McLean 3 times), Vernon (despite his Game 7 heroics in 89),  Theo Fluery despite having our number,  Al Mac, Gilmour, Joe New, later Iginla and Kipper...can't say the same with their group.   Maybe Ekholm.   Not their stars though.    They embellish, and whine, and always look to the refs like we stole their lunch money.    Never seen anything quite like it really. 

There are some teams I can just never cheer for anymore. 2011 and the opposing fans mentality against the Canucks. Edmonton,  Calgary fans led the way hoping we'd lose. They are dead to me. Leafs, can't cheer that PomPom  media hyped team. I can cheer well bullt teams like the Stars, till we hopefully play them and beat them. Rangers? Can't do it, the shit stain from 94 and Messier will never wash away.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Arty likes to weekend party. 2-0 in these playoffs, 4-1 in his canucks career.

For the first time this year as a Vancouver Canuck it's

SĚXY SǏLOVS SATURDAY!!!

IMG_5537.thumb.jpeg.28c662971a1ea548630d6d9b6bd66dba.jpegSILVS1-sm.gif.0c53ee5b89e7689b74bfd3bb65bd126d.gifARTY2-SM.gif.50aa6468695ff708c42c7a1e3fa55643.gif

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Like 1