GDT - CANUCKS vs OILERS. GAME 6 - Finish Them! 5pm PST.

3 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Will we see Cole in game 7?

Who sitting out of the forward groupings would you want to see put back in? 

Crazy part is, Cole wasn't the problem tonight.

The team just laid an egg. 

Hope they refocus and bring it Monday. Even if they lose, they need a better effort than tonight.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

You're right--I don't think anyone expected to see this team here, one win away from advancing to round 2. But you can't be satisfied with that: there's no guarantee this team is better next year--injuries, player turnover, other teams improving, etc. You have to seize these opportunities like gold because you don't know when you'll get another. 

I agree with you, but they are trying. The problem is that fans want it so bad or want to see them fail so bad that they don’t accept the reality that there is no guarantee and this team is playing at a pretty high level despite certain areas that are weaknesses.

i mean, up until tonight, the Coil secondary scoring was invisible. 

i just think people need to have a fair and objective view. Yeah the PP sucks, and it would make a huge difference. So would EP if he could play like he did in reg season. But if it’s not going at least they are trying to make it up elsewhere and doing so admirably according to most pundits. 

who’s to say we won’t have a stronger team next season. We don’t know yet. Just so much negativity all the time, even when the team is seriously overachieving. Just a bit nonsensical to me.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Power play does need work... they need to change it up.

I agree.  They were so good at the first half and apparently that the teams has really adjust their PK against the Canucks for 2nd half and had its 5th toughest schedule leading to the playoffs.  They lost their confidence in the process.  Who plays 1-3-1 set-up for 5 on 3 PP is like playing their PP with a man up, not two up?  There are a reason why 5 on 3 should have been a different formation that worked for a century.   

22 minutes ago, TetrisBloctT said:

Rick tocchet hockey, don’t think they will win anything with him as a coach. Too predictable and doesn’t know how to adjust

Love how some so called fans are quick to say they won’t win anything with Tocchet. No team has won 2 in a row. Your comments pissed me off. 

• ThereItIs 1

Yikes, a loss and the crowd turns haha. 

Pressure is a real thing and the Canucks are the ones who couldn't handle it this time. Clearly still learning how to embrace the moment but it isn't necessarily a bad thing and it doesn't mean they don't care, etc. These types of loses are a part of evolving into a winner. Boys need to regroup and get back at it.

This series always felt like it was going seven. Get it done Monday, carpe diem my friends!!!

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I agree with you, but they are trying. The problem is that fans want it so bad or want to see them fail so bad that they don’t accept the reality that there is no guarantee and this team is playing at a pretty high level despite certain areas that are weaknesses.

i mean, up until tonight, the Coil secondary scoring was invisible. 

i just think people need to have a fair and objective view. Yeah the PP sucks, and it would make a huge difference. So would EP if he could play like he did in reg season. But if it’s not going at least they are trying to make it up elsewhere and doing so admirably according to most pundits. 

who’s to say we won’t have a stronger team next season. We don’t know yet. Just so much negativity all the time, even when the team is seriously overachieving. Just a bit nonsensical to me.

Don't get me wrong--I'm thrilled with how things have gone this season, and I'm not down on the team at all. Doesn't stop me wanting more. I've been a fan of the team long enough to know how rare these opportunities are

• Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

This is why I've been saying, for a long time

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

The only people who use "I told you so" are the losers who screenshot or tag people.  I told you do reeks of unsecurity.

I believe "this is what I've been saying for a long time" 

is pretty much the same as

"I told you so"

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

Don't forget that Aqua gets to collect some game receipts. 

(Have to look reeaal hard for positives after this one)

LOL

No looking back now.

One game. 

Everyone activated like in game 5,…they will win this. 

Edited by viking mama

1 minute ago, Psylocke said:

The PP was my biggest worry going into the playoffs. Was really hoping that we would've fixed it by now though. 

Ya but the players don’t listen to the coaches. You can’t tell me they are saying don’t take shots. Stand around and pass it. No creativity on it. Maybe not the right personnel on it and they might not have creative enough players. I really thought Petey would be way more creative than he has been. He doesn’t try to deke on it or open himself up. Disappointing. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jigsaw said:

Love how some so called fans are quick to say they won’t win anything with Tocchet. No team has won 2 in a row. Your comments pissed me off. 

Should be, you will watch this team crumble under Rick Tocchet

1 minute ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Yikes, a loss and the crowd turns haha. 

Pressure is a real thing and the Canucks are the ones who couldn't handle it this time. Clearly still learning how to embrace the moment but it isn't necessarily a bad thing and it doesn't mean they don't care, etc. These types of loses are a part of evolving into a winner. Boys need to regroup and get back at it.

This series always felt like it was going seven. Get it done Monday, carpe diem my friends!!!

I don't think we've turned. We're just disappointed in how they played because we've seen better and know they can do better. 

Anyway, gotta have a short memory.

• Cheers 1

Just now, TetrisBloctT said:

Should be, you will watch this team crumble under Rick Tocchet

Fair weather. Look that word up. 

3 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

I think Toch is actually quite good at making adjustments.

You don't come back in the 3rd period as much as they have without great coaching.

They are absolutely dreadful on the PP but that's not on Tocchet. 

THE CANUCKS PLAYED ALL SEASON TO GET HOME ICE TO THEIR ADVANTAGE..THE GAME PLAN NEEDS TO BE THOUGHT OF WELL AND EVERYTHING WILL BE THROWN AT THE OILERS INCLUDING THE KITCHEN SINK..THE CANUCKS HAVE TONS TO GIVE AND THEY WILL HAVE TO PLAY SMART HOCKEY AS USUAL.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

For game 7, I want to see first goal, a different line-up with maybe a surprise debut and shorten the bench.  I know what we are getting for game 7, a close and tight one and hope that the ref throw away their bias and call a good game instead and call embellishment that would send us to PP for once.    It will come to a question, who will get higher rating, the Oilers or the Canucks for WCF for the league.  Whoever wins game 7 will have its difficulty with the Stars due to shortest rest and travel and the Stars will have home ice advantage.  I think we'd rather to experience the struggle against the Stars than anything else so that they can gain some experience of what it really takes to win the Cup in the near future whether it be this year or beyond.  My biggest fear will be the one-year wonder like NJ next season so let's get to it.

First three goals. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Goalie Interference said:

Don't get me wrong--I'm thrilled with how things have gone this season, and I'm not down on the team at all. Doesn't stop me wanting more. I've been a fan of the team long enough to know how rare these opportunities are

Totally. I hear ya. But the process to get there is usually a lot more gradual, right? Just a few seasons ago there was talk to of blowing this team up and the dreaded REBUILD word.

look at us now.

this mgmt group has turned everything around. Draft picks, high end prospects, award winning players on a top tier team with locked in contracts of their core and some opportunities to improve the club and some cap space can be allocated to do so. This club is miles ahead. I think we’re headed in the right direction.

• Like 1