GDT - CANUCKS vs OILERS. GAME 6 - Finish Them! 5pm PST.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I see this picture I think of how stupid it is to have a three lane bridge when a six to eight lane bridge would have been far better. 

Keep in mind that the Lions Gate bridge was built in 1937-38. Vancouver population was approx 245k and Greater Vancouver was 260k. In 2024, Vancouver population is approx 681k and Greater Vancouver is 2.6m ( or 10X times what it was 87 years ago ).

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I was in the nosebleeds and I saw this dive. Fuck the oilers

I'm guessing that the Coach has told McDavid and co. to dive or draw penalties as much as possible, because they're scoring most of their goals that way. McDavid doesn't actually need to do that, and it's embarrassing because he's such a talented player.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just dawned on me this morning that I really want to resign Lindy and Big Z…like, a lot. 

I do have some reservations about what Big Z might become with some contract security….but just having that hulking, mean presence on the back end is so damn nice to have….even if this playoff version of Big Z is the nastiest he ever is.

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I was in the nosebleeds and I saw this dive. Fuck the oilers

The Russian judges score it ..... I suspect the refs won't be so easily persuaded with Evander "I-flop-like-a-mackerel-on-a-sundeck" Kane 

perfect-10.gif

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1
  • Wiener 1

I’m not sure if I seen anyone else notice this but am I going crazy or does Vincent Desharnais perform the most embarrassingly late head snap ever at the start of this clip? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Originally a 2 lane bridge completed in 1938.

Pic from 1951, a year before they added a 3rd lane.

Image result for lions gate bridge old pics

Fun facts.

The bridge was funded by the Guinness family. (Partly to access their British Properties land on the North Shore).

Toll was $0.25 for horse, or car. $0.05 per pedestrian.

The Guinness family sold the Bridge to The Province of BC in 1955, for $5,873,837. In other words the cost of construction.

But yes it should have been a 4-6 lane bridge from the get go.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Sure would like to know the Coaches plan for Demko.

If I was the coach play him game 2 of next series. Then alternate give him some rest. Then play him for cup finals if we win tonight or Monday 

Edited by PeteyBoeser

32 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I see this picture I think of how stupid it is to have a three lane bridge when a six to eight lane bridge would have been far better. 

It WAS built in 1937

1 minute ago, PeteyBoeser said:

If I was the coach play him game 2 of next series. Then alternate give him some rest. Then play him for cup finals 

1 minute ago, PeteyBoeser said:

If I was the coach play him game 2 of next series. Then alternate give him some rest. Then play him for cup finals 

You play Silovs until he starts looking out of place. You NEVER change a goalie that is feeling it. All the waiting does is get Demko even healthier.

Edm are idiots for playing Skinner. Ant team bump they could possibly get would be out weighed by the risk of Skinner playing poorer than Pickard. Can’t believe they made this change. If I were them, I simply replace a couple guys on bottom 6 for energy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I’m not sure if I seen anyone else notice this but am I going crazy or does Vincent Desharnais perform the most embarrassingly late head snap ever at the start of this clip? 

Lol, that was an embarrassingly late head snap. But just the way they wrote it up on the rink board at practice. Edit. Got a screen shot of the phantom fist, lol. 

Screenshot_20240518_131227_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Rekker

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Lol, that was an embarrassingly late head snap. But just the way they wrote it up on the rink board at practice. Edit. Got a screen shot of the phantom fist, lol. 

Screenshot_20240518_131227_Samsung Internet.jpg

It was either that or a glitch in the matrix. 

• Haha 1