GDT - CANUCKS vs OILERS. GAME 6 - Finish Them! 5pm PST.

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It has the unfortunate side effect of attracting hillbillys tho.

Plus, that's how they always look. They show up and sit on your couch like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I appreciate the effort but maybe a healthy Juulson is better right now than an injured Cole?

He looked good the last game when we were driving play, but you are 100% correct. He should really have out after game 1 for a couple game rest. I actually thought RT would pull the trigger for game 6, as Juulsen (minus the one hit) looked great.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

It's a 'cultural-blend' of the classic 1980's Kokanee(Sask/Mugwamp) ads, with 1930's King Kong(cos' WTF not?!).  The Empire St Bldg has nuthin' on the gorgeous Lion's Gate Bridge! 

Think I read it was the same bloke who designed San Fran's Golden Gate. Anyways, old & small..but a mighty beautiful sight.

that makes more sense

I just fact checked myself on the designer, they just copied the golden gate.

i really like the art deco look of stuff built before the WW2

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Johnny said:

The engineering of the superstructure can only handle so much weight. Just adding more lanes isnt always easy

also the bridge being designed by the same designer as the Golden Gate probably makes for a harder decision to replace or even alter it too much.

then the road that winds through stanley park would need to be widened to support more traffic and then theres the city streets, this would surely involve cutting down lots of trees

there would still be a bottleneck somewhere in that stretch. Is it worth spending hundreds of millions to just relocate a pinch point in traffic??

You've highlighted a key difference between Lion's Gate and Port Mann bridges. They are located in completely different environments. Port Mann bridge is location where there aren't any trees, urban population and so the highway on either end of the bridge has many lanes. Lion's Gate bridge is connecting two very well developed area and going through Stanley Park which is a rare forest in an urban area that millions who visit Vancouver and locals enjoy. Frankly it's a terrible situation where Stanley Park will become a shadow of itself because it's right in the middle of the commuter traffic to N / W Van.

• Like 2

Man can we not just tell Juulsen to be a little more conservative with hits. His only glaring mistake was taking himself out of position on the open ice hit. Cole is basically giving the other team a goal a game with mistakes made. Give Cole a game or two off and let him get better! There’s no drop off between him and Juulsen right now!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

Funny you posted this while I was typing the same thing

Fun fact

calculus was developed by 2 people at the same time without ever talking to each other

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

Man can we not just tell Juulsen to be a little more conservative with hits. His only glaring mistake was taking himself out of position on the open ice hit. Cole is basically giving the other team a goal a game with mistakes made. Give Cole a game or two off and let him get better! There’s no drop off between him and Juulsen right now!

I agree. Cole has been too much of a liability this series. Juulsen has been fine except his tendency to want to impress his coach. He'd impress him by just being solid without taking risks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PeteyBoeser said:

What did he say? 
We need to be aggressive like we were. Forecheck hard! Knock them off their feet pressure the D so they make mistakes. 

He didn’t say anything. It was a parody account. Some people fell for it. 

• Like 1

Speaking of weight on bridges....when they put the bike lanes in downtown...dont all those concrete dividers add soo much wieght? doubt that extra amount was included in the engineering plan originally...

...and more importantly, how will it effect the game tonight?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But fans need to take a step back saying trade Demko and have Silovs as starter

Who da fook is saying that?

Point them out, i know people...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Speaking of weight on bridges....when they put the bike lanes in downtown...dont all those concrete dividers add soo much wieght? doubt that extra amount was included in the engineering plan originally...

It could have a big impact if any players get caught in traffic! haha

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Silovs is awesome.

But fans need to take a step back saying trade Demko and have Silovs as starter.

Silovs in the AHL had: 16 wins, 11 losses, 6 O/T losses, and a 0.907 save percentage as a starter in the AHL.

I'm ok with Silovs being the back up next year. I am NOT ok with him being a starter.

Let Silovs be the back up and try to lighten the load on Demko next season.

But let's not jump ahead of ourselves.

Good analysis of the situation. Silovs has been stellar but can he do it for 50+ regular season games and then 10+ games in the playoffs? I don’t think so - yet. But he will get there one day. 

This would be a blessing in disguise to have Demko for another 2 years while Silovs backs him up. Next year do a 50-32 split, the following year do a 41-41 split. We could have our own Boston situation with Swayman and Ullmark. Both played 40 games this season with winning records. 
Demko at 5 M is great when he’s playing and healthy. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It was designed to have transit (Streetcar, Light Rail) to be added later when built beneath the highway deck. So pretty sure it can handle the weight. There was a proposal to do make a separate bicycle /foot bridge, but of course that cost more money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Silovs is awesome.

But fans need to take a step back saying trade Demko and have Silovs as starter.

Silovs in the AHL had: 16 wins, 11 losses, 6 O/T losses, and a 0.907 save percentage as a starter in the AHL.

I'm ok with Silovs being the back up next year. I am NOT ok with him being a starter.

Let Silovs be the back up and try to lighten the load on Demko next season.

But let's not jump ahead of ourselves.

Trading Demko would be insane. Are there really fans saying we should do that?

• Like 1