GDT - CANUCKS vs OILERS. GAME 6 - Finish Them! 5pm PST.

5 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

If there franchise has half a brain, this is the last playoff push in the McDrai era. Drai is in his last year of contract, and the team can’t afford them both. They have 5 options after the playoffs:

1) Trade Drai this offseason for a haul; goalie and dman come back…..Campbell (maybe with some retention) attached

2) Trade Drai at trade deadline; not super smart. You want players not draft stock

3) Do nothing…run it back in 24/25 then let him walk in FA (terrible team management)

4) Resign him this offseason; trade McDavid for a haul

5) Resign McD and Drai; Ice an AHL roster for the next 3-4 years while bad contracts fall off and cap goes up. Team would be horrendous……both would not be happy.

option one 1 & 4 are the only options that make sense if a cup is their goal. Very sad; what an absolute waste of a gifted situation they have had last 8 years with two great players

It would take balls but you're right. Have to trade Draisatl if he doesn't resign this summer.

Demko + Hronek (extended) + 1st for Draisatl (extended). Do you do it?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

We have never had the 1st over all pick.

Amazing that Vancouver is the oldest franchise to never possess the 1st overall pick, Calgary a close 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

It would take balls but you're right. Have to trade Draisatl if he doesn't resign this summer.

Demko + Hronek (extended) + 1st for Draisatl (extended). Do you do it?

yes I’d make that trade in about two seconds, but Edmonton would never trade him to a division rival 

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

When? 

1 minute ago, whcanuck said:

Amazing that Vancouver is the oldest franchise to never possess the 1st overall pick, Calgary a close 2nd. 

1999. Traded it away so that the Sedins could be drafted 2nd & 3rd. Patrik Stefan went first.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, chris12345 said:

You guys are killing me.

1999 NHL Entry Draft
Overall# Team Player
#1 Atlanta Thrashers Patrik Stefan (F)
#2 Vancouver Canucks Daniel Sedin (F)
#3 Vancouver Canucks Henrik Sedin (F)
#4 New York Rangers Pavel Brendl (F)
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

You guys are killing me.

1999 was #2 for some dude name Daniel Sedin ... followed with #3 wasted on some other hack named Henrik Sedin.

Vancouver was in the middle of a 3-way trade and had its 3rd overall pick (Tampa with the 1st and Atlanta with the second).

Edited by Rocket-68

Here we go! 5 pm start is coming quickly!

Let's go boys!!

Also, breaking news alert:

The original CDC forum is closing....

... in 2029.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

This came up in my feed and thought I’d share (though I think JT beats Kes in every category of compete, skill, and hardassedness): 

IMG_2987.thumb.jpeg.4cc8eb50b000578925c0a496f6cd1af9.jpeg

JT is at least twice the player Kes was.  Way better hands.  He is a leader.  And his brain works.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, footsteps said:

1999. Traded it away so that the Sedins could be drafted 2nd & 3rd. Patrik Stefan went first.

You’re right, Burke actually obtained it from TB briefly before trading it to Atlanta so he could select Daniel and Henrik 2nd and 3rd. Good knowledge 🙂

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

1999 was #2 for some dude name Daniel Sedin ... followed with #3 wasted on some other hack named Henrik Sedin.

Yea man. They traded down. Bryan MCcabe.....via Trevor Linden.

Edited by chris12345

Just now, whcanuck said:

You’re right, Burke actually obtained it from TB briefly before trading it to Atlanta so he could select Daniel and Henrik 2nd and 3rd. Good knowledge 🙂

Just now, chris12345 said:

Yea man. They traded down.

As a result of the draft lottery, the first three picks going into draft day were held by the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Atlanta Thrashersexpansion team, and the Vancouver Canucks, respectively. The Canucks were determined to select both Sedins and therefore initiated a trading carousel involving multiple teams. After the trading was done, the Lightning had traded out of the first round altogether while the Thrashers held the first overall pick. However, Atlanta had also agreed not to draft either of the Sedin twins. The Thrashers therefore selected Stefan while the Canucks used the second and third picks to select the Sedins.

The way I read it Canucks never possessed the first pick, it was a multi team trade.

24 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

Honestly I’m not into the whole confidence thing, we have ZERO control over the outcome of the game. My Mom is a big hockey fan too, and she taught me to just enjoy the games. Cheer for the team to win, but don’t get too caught up in the result, we have no control over it. Just enjoy the magic of playoff hockey in Vancouver again and the franchise’s resurgence after years of lying dormant 🙂. Of course I say that now, but I’m sure I’ll be sweating it out if it’s another close game haha 

May God bless your mom’s soul.

GCG!