GDT - CANUCKS vs OILERS. GAME 6 - Finish Them! 5pm PST.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I'll cheer the Habs , Jets or Sens. The rest depends on who the competition is. Id even cheer for the Oilers against Boston 

Honestly forgot about sens

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

Didn't say it was anything other.

felt like there was an implication. apologies if i imagined it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, tas said:

felt like there was an implication. apologies if i imagined it. 

Not at all.  The game literally just ended and I'm happy for him and it'd be a cool matchup in the finals

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

LET’S GO!!!

:towel:

I’ll update this post when I can.  

Let’s discuss Game 6.

image.thumb.png.3231c82daea33276327eb8c00e49e9af.png

image.thumb.png.e19f90583786d42a953a389824bff526.png

image.thumb.png.90e1b7922d5c10b4f8c29edf38e2c9b7.png

image.png.049c970b42937f3b1b395e03af078839.png

image.png.e6165da3905c53dbc3482bdbbb90f6aa.png

McDavid:

image.jpeg.acd2ef84e0462172ce7c91d1efc0ebec.jpeg

For the Folks on Scott Road and 72nd Avenue…

I can’t translate, so don’t ask me, lol. 

But, Multiculturalism is a GREAT thing when ‘WE’ all support ‘OUR’ Boys. 

With respect to all our Chinese friends. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1a585c2a955694ffc339e1b36005d7d4.jpeg

(Please post better GIFS)

To all our Filipino friends/family. To all our Fijian family, to ALL our Multinational Family, please share your pics and gifs. 

I’ll put them in the first post of the GDT. 

Love you all. Respect you all. 

Great start to the GDT! I started a new job and will miss the first half of the game Sat. But I’m pumped to catch the last half of Canucks domination. GCG!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Nux need to learn from Cats and last series vs Pred.  Clinch the series in 6 on the road.  

Bieksa has mentioned a few times being on the road to clinch can be a benefit.

So many ways that this could go... are the oilies going to be nervous and make mistakes? does dumb dumb Kane do something epically stupid? does Skinner choke? 

• ThereItIs 1

38 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Totally

Last game should show them if they are the aggressors and dictate tempo and style of game, Edmonton has no answer. 

Mcdrai and ekholm are hurt and running on fumes. 

This is when we have to push them harder. 

If you push them hard, they'll make mistakes like last game where ekholm went off on a linechange and Mcdavid didn't check Miller for the game winner. They'll also be ripe for the picking if Zadorov or Soucy comes up ice looking to catch them with their head down. 

Fatigue leads to injuries because their heads are not tracking the game at a 100 percent

Our 4line/3 pair rotation w/o worry about every matchup has been crucial. It’s been a long tough series…starting to show on the Edm side. In addition, our ability to rotate guys in and out of the bottom 6 without falloff is awesome. You can’t play guys 30min a night of playoff hockey!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

So many ways that this could go... are the oilies going to be nervous and make mistakes? does dumb dumb Kane do something epically stupid? does Skinner choke? 

He gone choke on the bench. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Honestly, probably the best case scenario for the nux; road routine is probably more structured than home and they are an excellent road team. They just need to hang on if Edm comes out flying. They’ll steam out and Ban Van take over.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

Honestly, probably the best case scenario for the nux; road routine is probably more structured than home and they are an excellent road team. They just need to hang on if Edm comes out flying. They’ll steam out and Ban can take over.

I think there's some truth to that........all the white noise outside the rink is gone.  Also, silencing a building can almost be more powerful for a visiting team than the energy a home team can get from a home crowd

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Great start to the GDT! I started a new job and will miss the first half of the game Sat. But I’m pumped to catch the last half of Canucks domination. GCG!

Thank you. Was hoping to kick it off very inclusively. 

I appreciate you.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Aviation101 said:

Who are the refs? 

This is all that is important to me currently. 

I’ll be really happy if it’s Steve Kozari and Wes McCauley.  Those two know how to call playoff hockey.  Kyle Rehman and Chris Rooney are also very good though

Edited by Rindiculous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

Haha, that's ridiculous.  Report me for what, having a different opinion?  Is that what we do here?

We're never allowed to mention any other teams?  We're coming down to the final 4, it's be an interesting final against OEL or a 30th anniversary of the 94 finals.   We can't mention either scenario without a public "warning"?

Personally, I don't give a crap about OEL, but the timing with the '94 team is very interesting.  I don't have

a problem with you bringing any of this up though.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Surprised that more Edmonton fans said they would consider cheering for Vancouver should we win than Canucks fans willing to cheer on Edmonton. I hate to say it, but the only other Canadian team I'd consider cheering for is Winnipeg. Everyone else can kick rocks.

I'll never cheer for a Canadian team other than Van.

She's Van or bust.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1