[Rumour] Shane Pinto contract update

34 minutes ago, rmok said:

Almost all of those shots from distance dinged in off the bar.. meaning they were basically perfect shots. People keep saying Demko would have stopped them and I see no reason to believe that. 

To win with Demko .. Demko needs to be available to play and he has shown repeatedly that isn't particularly likely. 

I'm not saying we should trade him... but a smart GM would take a look at what might be available if they did. 

Like what kind of player/package could you get for a Demko-Hronek package.. or a Demko-Hronek-1st package.... or even Demko-Hronek-Petey and a 1st package.

No team has the cap space to take on Demko, Hronek, and Petey. They will be $23M+ in total cap hit. Like maybe that package gets you Draisaitl but we would have to take Nurse and Campbell back. Or I'm sure Buffalo would be interested in Demko to mentor Levi but we probably have to take Skinner back (something like UPL's rights, Cozens, Skinner, and one of Kulich/Ostlund and maybe Greenway or Tuch if we're lucky).

8 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

No team has the cap space to take on Demko, Hronek, and Petey. They will be $23M+ in total cap hit. Like maybe that package gets you Draisaitl but we would have to take Nurse and Campbell back. Or I'm sure Buffalo would be interested in Demko to mentor Levi but we probably have to take Skinner back (something like UPL's rights, Cozens, Skinner, and one of Kulich/Ostlund and maybe Greenway or Tuch if we're lucky).

San Jose and Chicago do..... Just sayin. They also each have a player/pick that would be very interesting to the Canucks. And that package gives a team a #1 goalie, a young #1 center already signed long term, top pair D and maybe add a 1st or two. 

Very unlikely scenario(s) of course.. but its something a good GM should probably at least pick up the phone about. And rutherford has shown himself to be pretty bold. That also leaves the canucks lots and lots of cap to sign lindholm and surround lindholm and miller with good wingers. Petey has been my favorite player so I'm not keen to trade him.. but I would pick up the phone and see if SJ or Chicago might be interested in that package. 

1 hour ago, rmok said:

Almost all of those shots from distance dinged in off the bar.. meaning they were basically perfect shots. People keep saying Demko would have stopped them and I see no reason to believe that. 

To win with Demko .. Demko needs to be available to play and he has shown repeatedly that isn't particularly likely. 

I'm not saying we should trade him... but a smart GM would take a look at what might be available if they did. 

Like what kind of player/package could you get for a Demko-Hronek package.. or a Demko-Hronek-1st package.... or even Demko-Hronek-Petey and a 1st package.

We run the risk of trying to be the Oilers, so we better get a package that gives us a great advantage up front (we don't have a McDavid or Draisatl).

Hearing that Petey was injured bodes better for next year, though we still need to make improvements.

Postmedia’s Bruce Garrioch is reportingthat the Ottawa Senators are likely to pursue Boston Bruins netminder Linus Ullmark prior to the NHL entry draft next month. The Bruins have received some of the best goaltending in the league over the last two seasons and are in a predicament as they want to sign Jeremy Swayman to a long-term deal but will have Ullmark’s $5MM on their salary cap for one more season. The Senators were reportedly among the teams that tried to acquire Ullmark prior to the NHL trade deadline but were unable to complete a deal. Ottawa received some of the worst goaltending in the NHL last season despite inking free agent Joonas Korpisalo to a five-year $20MM deal last summer. The goaltender position has been a revolving door for the Senators since veteran Craig Anderson left town as a free agent back in 2020.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/05/atlantic-notes-maple-leafs-senators-kane.html#ref=home

• 4 weeks later...

Update on Pinto:

Snapshots: Pinto, Gomez, Demidov

June 18th, 2024 at 9:00pm CST • By Gabriel Foley

The Ottawa Senators and forward Shane Pinto are discussing the possibilities of a two-year bridge contract, shares Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Citizen. Garrioch adds that Ottawa still prefers to sign Pinto to a deal closer to five or six years in length, though they’re off-put by Pinto’s request for $5MM-a-year on a long-term deal. Pinto is coming off the end of a year he’ll want to forget quickly, having been suspended for half the season for violating the league’s gambling policy and only scoring 27 points in the games he did play in.

Pinto scored 20 goals and 35 points as a rookie last season, appearing in all 82 games. The performance stamped him as one of Ottawa’s most promising young players, though his extended absence this year kept him from truly breaking out. The Senators will be hoping for that breakout on the first year of his new deal – and get the dreaded task of putting a number to their faith this summer.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/06/snapshots-pinto-gomez-demidov.html#ref=home

• RWJC changed the title to [Rumour] Senators rumour roundup - Pinto contract update
  • RWJC changed the title to [Rumour] Shane Pinto contract update