[ECF] New York Rangers (M1) vs. Florida Panthers (A1)

Who will win the series?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Rangers in 7
    • Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 4
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

Way to go Panthers! You’re beating the Rangers and the cheating bastards of the league. Come on Dallas! Overcome the cheating bastards of the league and best the Coilers. And, at the same time, send all those fake Canucks fans, who are actually trolling Oiler fans, back to under their bridges. We know who you are LOSERS!!! 

• chaos 1

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

A big FU to the league and their cheating ways. Good for SB telling how it is. The league needs to stop with their pre planned cheating! Let the players decide. F the League and the Betman nut huggers. Go swallow elsewhere l. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

But wait til I tell you what Olli Juolevi can do... 

thanks Benning (you friggin’ Moran.)

So sad how Benning (the moran) always forced his pick on our scouts for the to choices. He’d decide on his guy and the F what the scouts ( who’d been watching these picks for years) would say. Do bad Benning was that our scouts stopped voicing their opinions.,

Zbenning liked a decade of our club. Then he moves back to Orogon and lives happily rich. Unfucvkibgbbrlievabke.,only in the corrupt and cheating nhl can a guy as stupid as Benning get rich. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

thanks Benning (you friggin’ Moran.)

So sad how Benning (the moran) always forced his pick on our scouts for the to choices. He’d decide on his guy and the F what the scouts ( who’d been watching these picks for years) would say. Do bad Benning was that our scouts stopped voicing their opinions.,

Zbenning liked a decade of our club. Then he moves back to Orogon and lives happily rich. Unfucvkibgbbrlievabke.,only in the corrupt and cheating nhl can a guy as stupid as Benning get rich. 

How close Huggy is with the Tkachuk's I'm sure if that dimwit Benning didn't screw that up we'd have Best buds, probably Canuck lifers and be contenders for a very long time...But, Why should we have nice things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

How close Huggy is with the Tkachuk's I'm sure if that dimwit Benning didn't screw that up we'd have Best buds, probably Canuck lifers and be contenders for a very long time...But, Why should we have nice things.

Exactly! Benning the Moran screws us over a lot. Worst GM we’ve ever a had. 

• ThereItIs 1

Rangers are overall the bigger team, with the exception of Barkov at 215, Tkachuk at 206 and Ekblad at 215 most of the Florida team is under or at 200 lbs.  Most of their defense are on the small side, their most physical forward, Bennett is 6'1" 195.

Yet the Panthers hit far more effectively and have been much more physical in the series.

The only way you beat this Florida team is by hitting their small defense... last year Vegas dismantled them... but New York does not seem interested in playing physical.

With the exception of Lafreniere and Trouba, the Ranger team seems disinterested.

They will need to change their game if they want to win this series.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, QuinnNorris said:

Anyone else notice that OEL was credited with 8 hits in the win.  Where was that effort for us?

why would you expect it from him when nobody else on the team was doing it?

players are products of their environments. 

57 minutes ago, QuinnNorris said:

Anyone else notice that OEL was credited with 8 hits in the win.  Where was that effort for us?

That’s because Maurice, like Tocchet, demands his players finish all of their checks.

That being said OEL is not throwing hits that hurt, he’s simply doing what his coach tells him. Give me Zadorov bone crunching hits all day long!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

That’s because Maurice, like Tocchet, demands his players finish all of their checks.

That being said OEL is not throwing hits that hurt, he’s simply doing what his coach tells him. Give me Zadorov bone crunching hits all day long!

Still… I know they aren’t bone crunching hits but I’m just disappointed he didn’t give us the effort he is in Florida.  It hurts we’re going to be paying him for years when he is likely raising the cup this season.

1 hour ago, QuinnNorris said:

Still… I know they aren’t bone crunching hits but I’m just disappointed he didn’t give us the effort he is in Florida.  It hurts we’re going to be paying him for years when he is likely raising the cup this season.

Some players are like that though. He was happy to go through the motions here and collect his big fat retirement contract.

It wasn’t until the idea of him not being able to stay in the league after the buyout that he put in the effort. 

Florida would have likely won had they plugged alot of different vets in there. He just happened to be the one they chose. Doesn’t really bother me because I’m very confident we couldn’t have won with him and his cap hit along with the effort level he gave us.

1 hour ago, QuinnNorris said:

3 hours ago, QuinnNorris said:

OEL had a complete, healthy training camp this off season.

His last year with the Canucks he came to camp recovering from a broken foot, that he injured during the world championship.

There were a few posters pointing that out, same as there are a few posters mentioning they expect Mikhev to have a much better season this year, than last.

Some injuries are not totally healed for months, despite a player still being able to play, in a reduced capacity.