[ECF] New York Rangers (M1) vs. Florida Panthers (A1)

Who will win the series?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Rangers in 7
    • Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 4
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

OEL had a complete, healthy training camp this off season.

His last year with the Canucks he came to camp recovering from a broken foot, that he injured during the world championship.

There were a few posters pointing that out, same as there are a few posters mentioning they expect Mikhev to have a much better season this year, than last.

Some injuries are not totally healed for months, despite a player still being able to play, in a reduced capacity.

We got spoiled with Sami Salo who kept getting hurt but always came back good as new (with the exception of him playing the game after he ruptured his testicle).

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

OEL had a complete, healthy training camp this off season.

His last year with the Canucks he came to camp recovering from a broken foot, that he injured during the world championship.

There were a few posters pointing that out, same as there are a few posters mentioning they expect Mikhev to have a much better season this year, than last.

Some injuries are not totally healed for months, despite a player still being able to play, in a reduced capacity.

Nah it was more than that.

People who had watched him in Arizona saw the warning signs. Dude wasn’t hungry anymore.

It took taking away his retirement contract to wake him up. We would have never gotten this effort level from OEL here, I really believe that. Tocchet knew they needed to dump him.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nah it was more than that.

People who had watched him in Arizona saw the warning signs. Dude wasn’t hungry anymore.

It took taking away his retirement contract to wake him up. We would have never gotten this effort level from OEL here, I really believe that. Tocchet knew they needed to dump him.

If anything, it's a culture change. 

Along with Bo. 

It's addition by subtraction.  Was the right move. 

• Cheers 2

I hope that the players understand what Tocchet means about coming into camp in the best shape of your life.

I feel like there was some lack of conditioning from certain players as the season went on. That’s part of the learning curve of becoming a top team though.

Now they understand the marathon that it takes to make it that far. Hopefully every player is hard at work at their cardio and conditioning already.

Hrudey has so many bad takes. 🤦‍♂️

He thinks that these goalies motivation comes from proving they’re the best Russian goalie…

So when two Canadian goalies face off is it about proving who’s the best Canadian goalie? No, so why would nationality factor in for Russians?

Their motivation is the same as any goalie. They wanna win for themselves and their teammates, it doesn’t matter who’s at the other end.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hrudey has so many bad takes. 🤦‍♂️

He thinks that these goalies motivation comes from proving they’re the best Russian goalie…

So when two Canadian goalies face off is it about proving who’s the best Canadian goalie? No, so why would nationality factor in for Russians?

Their motivation is the same as any goalie. They wanna win for themselves and their teammates, it doesn’t matter who’s at the other end 

I guess Hrudy was busy thinking about being the best Canadian goalie when he faced Roy in the 1993 SCF, instead of just winning the cup. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I hope that the players understand what Tocchet means about coming into camp in the best shape of your life.

I feel like there was some lack of conditioning from certain players as the season went on. That’s part of the learning curve of becoming a top team though.

Now they understand the marathon that it takes to make it that far. Hopefully every player is hard at work at their cardio and conditioning already.

You are not wrong. The article referenced below appeared just before last training camp and goes a long way towards explaining why players wear down as the season draws to a close. It's worth your time. I would think the Canucks have a tougher time than the eastern and Central teams simply because of the hours they spend sitting on aircraft rather than working out.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/canucks-filip-hronek-underwent-an-impressive-transformation-in-the-offseason-7517013

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

You are not wrong. The article referenced below appeared just before last training camp and goes a long way towards explaining why players wear down as the season draws to a close. It's worth your time. I would think the Canucks have a tougher time than the eastern and Central teams simply because of the hours they spend sitting on aircraft rather than working out.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/canucks-filip-hronek-underwent-an-impressive-transformation-in-the-offseason-7517013

It’s a great point.Rick said himself he’s gonna meet up with players during the offseason

On 5/31/2024 at 5:58 AM, QuinnNorris said:

Anyone else notice that OEL was credited with 8 hits in the win.  Where was that effort for us?

Next to his check book in the locker room