[ECF] New York Rangers (M1) vs. Florida Panthers (A1)

Who will win the series?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Rangers in 7
    • Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 4
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

4 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

True, you know as much as we love the effort of Silovs the reality is he was on the same level as Skinner.  Under .900 isn't good enough.  

We did learn that Silovs is a player though. So next season he can play 35 games so Demko is healthy and tested for the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes he does! Hate that MOFU!!! 🤣

It's so easy to hate this guy because he's so good... AND we could have drafted him... AND he would have left us like he did the fLames.  I hate the fLames organization especially when JG and MT were there... But how they both left... I actually ALMOST feel bad for them. But I'm pulling for the Rags because I don't ever wanna see this shit person win a cup. 

Edited by Hogs and Podz
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Hogs and Podz said:

It's so easy to hate this guy because he's so good... AND we could have drafted him... AND he would have left us like he did the fLames.  I hate the fLames organization especially when JG and MT were there... I actually ALMOST feel bad for them. But I'm pulling for the Rags because I don't ever wanna see this shit person win a cup. 

Any team but the Coilers. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Any team but the Coilers. 

Dallas or Rags... I have a lot of respect for how they have drafted and developed.  Very good pro scouting as well. I think our managent is cut from the same cloth.  We'll be competing for the next 3-5 years for sure. 

• ThereItIs 1

29 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Anybody going for the Rangers wasn't around to watch the 94 run.  I hate the Rangers with a passion.

Yip, I don't forget those kind of losses. F'em.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Rangers were lucky to win this one... they were dominated.  Panarin, who had 120 pts regular season, needs to start producing.  He is playing with legitmate top sixers so unlike Pettersson he has no excuse.

Watching these two teams tells you what the Canucks need to be a solid contender:

-  Both the Rangers and Panthers have hi powered 1st and 2nd lines... with 3 guys who can score on each.  Canucks don't have that.  Pettersson on a line with 4th liners, and/or Lindholm centering Garland and Joshua or even Miller/Boeser/Suter are not the equivalent of Barkov/Reinhart/Verhaeghe and Tkachuk/Rodriguez/Bennett.  Rangers are not quite as good, but have Trocheck/Panarin/Lafreniere and Zibanejad/Kreider + Wheeler when he's healthy.

Having only one line makes it too easy for that one line to be neutralized.  The Oilers for many years struggled with not having a viable second line... but now they play McDavid and Draisaitl on separate lines most of the time...  they now have enough top six players, with Hyman, Kane, Nugent-Hopkins and Henrique.  Same with the Stars... who are deeper than most teams.

Canucks need to add another two top six players... preferably to find them in our depth pool, but if necessary from trades and free-agency.

A top sixer doesn't have to score 30 goals... a pair of 20 goal scorers who put up 45+ points and who can play a 200 ft game on a line centered by Pettersson would work.

Suter is not a top sixer, neither is Mikheyev, and even Joshua, despite the fact he had a greatly improved season, is not putting up top six numbers.  The only Canuck forward other than Miller/Boeser/Pettersson/Lindholm who is legitimately a top sixer is Garland... but he is probably needed on the 3rd line.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I can se the penalty called as it was on the ice; as refs penalize based on what they see.

I can also support the idea that the league office can fine him or suspend him, after the game.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Anybody going for the Rangers wasn't around to watch the 94 run.  I hate the Rangers with a passion.

I was around in 1994. I’m cheering for the Rangers. Messier and Keenan aren’t on the team. A Dallas/Rangers final would make me happy. I’d be fine with either team winning the cup. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I was around in 1994. I’m cheering for the Rangers. Messier and Keenan aren’t on the team. A Dallas/Rangers final would make me happy. I’d be fine with either team winning the cup. 

Same.

Id rather an original 6 team with a great fan base win over two non hockey markets or Edmonton 

• Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Same.

Id rather an original 6 team with a great fan base win over two non hockey markets or Edmonton 

If we can’t win then Alf chooses the team with the fewest fans to celebrate winning. So Dallas or Florida. Alf likes knowing there are lots of fans suffering losing. 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I hate all four teams.

But I'd rather see a Dallas Rangers finals because at least another team that hasn't won a cup can still suffer as well.

This is good reasoning because it is based on enjoying the suffering of others. Many thumbs up and cheers. 

Suffer lots bastards!!!!

• Haha 1

Dang Reinhart and Lafreniere. Wish we had grabbed one of them, they were both available and cheap at one point especially Reinhart. 

And imagine if we didn't pretend to be smart and drafted Matthew Tkachuk. 

is jacob trouba the dirtiest player in the NHL currently? i mean being a Ranger he gets away with everything.. but how many times have we seen this guy slew foot flying elbows targetting the head cheap shotting players targetting vulnerable players etc... i'm sure this guy is blackmailing the dops and bettman or something how he manage to only have 2 suspension and 2 fines in his career when u can easily find 20+ predatory, questionable hits, intentional elbows to the head etc.

8 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

is jacob trouba the dirtiest player in the NHL currently? i mean being a Ranger he gets away with everything.. but how many times have we seen this guy slew foot flying elbows targetting the head cheap shotting players targetting vulnerable players etc... i'm sure this guy is blackmailing the dops and bettman or something how he manage to only have 2 suspension and 2 fines in his career when u can easily find 20+ predatory, questionable hits, intentional elbows to the head etc.

The issue I have with the elbow is the intent to injure. It's a flying elbow aimed at a players head. Sure he missed, but the intent should be punished by at least an additional fine to get a point across. 

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

The issue I have with the elbow is the intent to injure. It's a flying elbow aimed at a players head. Sure he missed, but the intent should be punished by at least an additional fine to get a point across. 

This elbow or the one he flew over top of the player into the board coz the guy ducked out of the way lol

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, HKSR said:

I wasn't a Canucks fan back then. Only knew they were in the finals when I saw CNN in Japan during a vacation, saying that they lost.  

Different players now. Bruins still have Marchand, so I hate Bruins far more. 

Edited by Jaimito

So an intentional elbow to the head gets you a fine and an accidental crosscheck gets you a game?

The league is so biased and corrupt it’s not even a debate anymore.

• ThereItIs 1

48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So an intentional elbow to the head gets you a fine and an accidental crosscheck gets you a game?

The league is so biased and corrupt it’s not even a debate anymore.

Yup. It’s clear which clubs the league wants in the Final. Hopefully Florida and Dallas can overcome the cheating and the injuries caused by the dirty play.