[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

Man this game just really felt deflating. At no point did the team feel dangerous. I really hope we show up for 7. The fans should inject some energy.

Just flush it, like Tocchet said.

I think Nux didn't rebound from the emotional high from game 5.  Just couldn't muster the same intensity tonight. 

Inexperience.  They got 2 days to get back to it.   They will prevail. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Nuts4Nux said:

Where were the sharp angle shots on Skinner tonight? 

You need to have the puck in order to shoot.  

Skinner is due for a blowout loss.  Nux will chase him in game 7. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

Hopefully the oilers feel a little cocky going into game 7

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

I think that one week break at the beginning helped oilers at this time. We are more tired.

Well imagine if we make it to the next round. The last three other teams are gong to be well rested.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

55 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

That was inexplicably bad tonight. I can barely comprehend what I just saw. 

Two nights ago they controlled every aspect of the game and tonight they got completely manhandled? What happened? I doubt some minor inconceivable coaching adjustments made THAT much of a difference. 

Oilers got the last line change and could dictate the matches.  That was huge.

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Just flush it, like Tocchet said.

I think Nux didn't rebound from the emotional high from game 5.  Just couldn't muster the same intensity tonight. 

Inexperience.  They got 2 days to get back to it.   They will prevail. 

Easier said than done. I'll fire up NHL 24 and just distract myself. Lol. The team does rebound after losses nicely. I just wanted to see back to back dominant games. Keep the momentum going. Oh well. Game 7 will be electric.

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I hope so but it depends which Canucks show up… the hitting, shooting, crash the bet Canucks orrrrr… the pass 5 times, bobble the puck and dump it in to change, shoot 15 times in a game Canucks. 

I hope it’s the first one. 

If Demko starts in Game 7, the Canucks structure will be a lot different than the OIlers faced all  6 games becuase their plan revolves around their structure.  There are a subtle structure difference about how they play with their main starter and their back-up.  The Oilers will have to play differently with their structure with Demko and they haven't been tested at all and Demko could be a difference maker in term of confidence.  There will be no tomorrow so might as well take a chance if Demko is ready to step in.  I have more confidence with Demko than without even with 3rd stringer if we want to advance to next round.

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Oilers got the last line change and could dictate the matches.  That was huge.

Wasn't just that... the team lacked energy after the first period... plus the PP's sucked the life out of them.

Need to work on zone entries... and shoot, shoot, shoot.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Z the only one who gave a shit.

I disagree.  The long and the short of it is that, yes, big Z showed effort, but so did Myers.  Plus Hoglander and Garland were bulldogs

1 minute ago, coolboarder said:

If Demko starts in Game 7, the Canucks structure will be a lot different than the OIlers faced all  6 games becuase their plan revolves around their structure.  There are a subtle structure difference about how they play with their main starter and their back-up.  The Oilers will have to play differently with their structure with Demko and they haven't been tested at all and Demko could be a difference maker in term of confidence.  There will be no tomorrow so might as well take a chance if Demko is ready to step in.  I have more confidence with Demko than without even with 3rd stringer if we want to advance to next round.

Demko is not playing.

Its Silov or DeSmith... I imagine Tocchet will sleep on it and talk to them in the morning.

• Cheers 1