[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Wasn't just that... the team lacked energy after the first period... plus the PP's sucked the life out of them.

Need to work on zone entries... and shoot, shoot, shoot.

They haven't learned to shoot all year long and is playing like this.  Maybe this experience will elevate their PP for next season and be even more lethal.  They were shooting 30% in first half and not much after 2nd half.  Also practice some 5 on 3 and they are playing like they were a man up, not two man up.

1 minute ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Ya… it’s stars vs panthers in the final 

Man… imagine playing Cousins, Tkachuk and Bennett on a team…

Truly the identify with the Rats thrown on the ice in their home games… I hope Rempe takes out the trio.

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Easier said than done. I'll fire up NHL 24 and just distract myself. Lol. The team does rebound after losses nicely. I just wanted to see back to back dominant games. Keep the momentum going. Oh well. Game 7 will be electric.

It's a tight series.  Every game a one goal game until tonight.  As much as we like to see them blow them out, it doesn't happen.  I think it was 9 or 10 straight one goal games Nux played until tonight.  Hey, maybe Nux are due for a blowout win on Monday. 

One thing the coaches got them prepared well all yr is to be comfortable in tight games.  It's paying off so far.   Bad game tonight, just flush it. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Win or lose, I just hope this team lays it all out on the line in game 7. Could be epic.

Yeah, if we are going to bow out, just don’t let it be like they played tonight.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

If Demko starts in Game 7, the Canucks structure will be a lot different than the OIlers faced all  6 games becuase their plan revolves around their structure.  There are a subtle structure difference about how they play with their main starter and their back-up.  The Oilers will have to play differently with their structure with Demko and they haven't been tested at all and Demko could be a difference maker in term of confidence.  There will be no tomorrow so might as well take a chance if Demko is ready to step in.  I have more confidence with Demko than without even with 3rd stringer if we want to advance to next round.

I think tocchet just said that's not a possibility 

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

It's a tight series.  Every game a one goal game until tonight.  As much as we like to see them blow them out, it doesn't happen.  I think it was 9 or 10 straight one goal games Nux played until tonight.  Hey, maybe Nux are due for a blowout win on Monday. 

One thing the coaches got them prepared well all yr is to be comfortable in tight games.  It's paying off so far.   Bad game tonight, just flush it. 

I never said I expected a blow out, but I expected them to show up. It's the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Demko is not playing.

Its Silov or DeSmith... I imagine Tocchet will sleep on it and talk to them in the morning.

Oh ok, I haven't heard of that news yet.  Maybe we might as well try to score first goal and bunches in more and defend well even more to give us wriggling room.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Demko is not playing.

Its Silov or DeSmith... I imagine Tocchet will sleep on it and talk to them in the morning.

It’s Silovs..he already said it. There is no drama here. Silovs played great tonight…he just didn’t get the support he needed.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Cheers 1

All in the plans to maximize Aquilini game revenue and maximum fan engagement.

$$$ for Aquilini.
Heart attacks for us fans.

We win game 7.

33 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Silovs has given up 3 or more goals in 5 of the 6 games this series. Lol. I just don't get why people are a staunch "No" on playing DeSmith. Silovs hasn't been exactly lights out. He's been good. But damn. To each their own I guess.

Yup and I feel like Desmith would have given up more. Nothing against Desmith, but he’s a smaller tender, tends to overplay leaving the opposite side open, which Oilers would have capitalized on multiple times, Draisaital in partucular from where he loves to shoot from shortside to the far corner. Not to mention his rebound control, tends to not absorb pucks like Silovs. DeSmith doesn’t get rattled though, I’ll give him that, but neither does the Latvian wonder. Regardless, goaltending has not been the issue for us. Lack of shots, or rather shots that get through is.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EoH said:

All in the plans to maximize Aquilini game revenue and maximum fan engagement.

$$$ for Aquilini.
Heart attacks for us fans.

We win game 7.

And TV ad revenues, away watch parties in Edmonton.  Remember it's revenue sharing.  Everyone wins.   Refs too. Get extra game to work. 

3 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

It’s Silovs..he already said it. There is no drama here. Silovs played great tonight…he just didn’t get the support he needed.

No shit, it could have been so much worse if not for arty

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I never said I expected a blow out, but I expected them to show up. It's the playoffs.

It's really hard for a first year playoff team to maintain equilibrium throughout a series.

A lot of first year playoff teams get blown out in the first round... but we got past that.

Edmonton has been to the playoffs for the last number of years, they have been here before.  They were in their home building.  They are the series favourites... expected to win... Everyone knew they would come out on fire.  The Canucks matched their energy in the first period, but were caught off guard with unexpected goals, a lot of disruptive penalties, including a 5 on 3 which exhausted the D and the PK forwards...  and an inability to get the PP going which frustrated and sapped energy.

Will be better next game.

• Vintage 1