[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Take solace in the fact that what people say on a message board and why people say it is different than reality. 

It's not absolute.

Game 7 ... buck up ... all or nothing!

We can do this!

I got Tix for game 7 in round 1. Didn't need to use it.  Then I got Tix for game 7 round 2. My parents are going to love it.

Already got Tix to game 6 round 3.  Book it. 

No, I can't jinx it. I don't have those superpowers unless I'm 40,000 ft in the air flying over the Black Sea.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

It’s Silovs..he already said it. There is no drama here. Silovs played great tonight…he just didn’t get the support he needed.

In all honesty I think this was his worst game these playoffs, having said that he has earned the start.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, syntheticity said:

It wasn't Silvos's best game, and Desmith has been good for us this year, including his last playoff game against the Preds. Silvos also seems to have some weaknesses, e.g. with tracking pucks at times. Ultimately, I think it should be about who gives us the best chance to win on Monday not about projections for next year's lineup, and I'm happy to trust whatever decision RT / Clarke make on that.

Agree it wasn’t Silovs best game, but he didn’t lose the game for us. 15 SOG against Skinner was the issue. Seriously 5 shots a period, not the goalies fault. Anyway, if Tocc/Clark decide Desmith is best chance to win, fine. Not the way I see it, but I’m no pro and no nothing about goaltending. I’m getting good at making empties like@Alflives though. Mine are just beer cans, not Scotch bottles though. On a totally unrelated note, I’m hoping Arsenal win and Man City draw or lose tomorrow. Need something to make my sports weekend not total crap, lol.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Take solace in the fact that what people say on a message board and why people say it is different than reality. 

It's not absolute.

Game 7 ... buck up ... all or nothing!

We can do this!

No passengers 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I got Tix for game 7 in round 1. Didn't need to use it.  Then I got Tix for game 7 round 2. My parents are going to love it.

Already got Tix to game 6 round 3.  Book it. 

No, I can't jinx it. I don't have those superpowers unless I'm 40,000 ft in the air flying over the Black Sea.  

Dude, I'm watching you do this ... I'm all in!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzFIC71ifwbhxziQEhF3O

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

“Great moments are born from great opportunity.”- Kurt Russell as Herb Brooks in Miracle

“you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take…. Wayne Gretzky”

-Michael Scott

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Agree it wasn’t Silovs best game, but he didn’t lose the game for us. 15 SOG against Skinner was the issue. Seriously 5 shots a period, not the goalies fault. Anyway, if Tocc/Clark decide Desmith is best chance to win, fine. Not the way I see it, but I’m no pro and no nothing about goaltending. I’m getting good at making empties like@Alflives though. Mine are just beer cans, not Scotch bottles though. On a totally unrelated note, I’m hoping Arsenal win and Man City draw or lose tomorrow. Need something to make my sports weekend not total crap, lol.

Agreed, it was a flat effort by the entire team. They need to play more like they did in game 5, regardless of who's in net. 

Edited by syntheticity

4 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

“you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take…. Wayne Gretzky”

-Michael Scott

"Skate to where the puck will be, not where the puck is." --The Great One. 

• Like 1

Silver lining, a poor effort tonight and a lopsided loss might be more of a wake-up call than say losing 2-1 in OT where we nearly won. It’s funny, people forget that a 10-0 loss and a 2-1 OT loss equal the same thing, it’s not an international hockey tournament with goals for and against. One game, us vs them, in our barn. Winner goes to the conference finals. Who wouldn’t have taken that back in October?? 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Rush said:

Decided to take some time before posting again like in last series.

This feels like a great opportunity. Regardless of the outcome I can say I have enjoyed the journey to this point. This next game will help the organization decide who has the will and burning desire to be difference makers. Whether that be offensively or defensively. Tocc was watching the guys on the bench very closely in the final 10 minutes. He was reading the players and see who he thinks he can trust in game 7. We saw a lot of the bottom lines to close out the final frame and I'm glad it seemed like he rested some of the vets.

I expect Mikheyev will be back in. Podz I hope will be. Silovs deserves the start. I have full confidence our team builders Jim and Alvin will deliver us an even more improved squad next season. One that will be younger with AHL injections and with more promising talent via trade and free agency.  I suspect Brock Boeser will be traded because he lacks the speed and drive to win each night. If he only was a bit faster he could be a real difference maker. I would make a play for Ehlers or better yet.. an actual good Dpartner for Quinn Hughes. A defensively reliable yet semi offensively gifted dman. Parayko maybe?  

I don't suspect Lindholm returns but I would welcome him here long term if he felt he had a chance to win a cup here. Dakota Joshua is going to be to costly to re-sign and we got plenty of stud young kids coming up. He should cash in but not in VAN. Garland has been a great piece for us! I am all for keeping him unless we can utilize the cap space better for a more efficient offensive threat. We are decently well built but still lack some key parts to be heavy favourites. We could beat the Oil Monday and give Dallas a run for their money. But to be a consistent cup contender you need more pieces. Perhaps our AHL kids start to give us that next year. But I think we still need a legit scorer. I think that person is Guentzel. Make it happen Jim. You know the man and you know how he can deliver.  Otherwise I would target some pieces out of Carolina Necas, Svech if he hits the market etc. Try and maybe poach a good man in ufa like Pesce. (Believe he doesn't want to Canada tho).

This next game will be our mona lisa. Who will rise, who will prove they have the ability and can deliver! Coach isn't putting anyone in the lineup he doesn't feel has it. The burning desire to succeed! No one outside the room is coming in to save the guys. Demmer isn't being air dropped in so its up to the players in the room to look at themselves in the mirror and ask if they can give more. We need a big game on Monday and we need to give a full 60 minute effort. Something we have yet to do this series. Silovs has earned the start and I believe he is capable of delivering us the W. We just need to clean up their chances to go five hole in close. He got exposed there a few times tonight.

I trust Tocc. I trust Hughes n Miller. Let's get this rolling and trust our management will make this work! Even if some of the decisions this off-season are not the most crowd pleasing! Lets go boys!

Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

I really don't know how you get to those conclusions based on what we've seen. Boeser and Lindholm have been fantastic. Petey and Hronek though...

• Like 1