[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

Posted (edited)

Home ice, home crowd, Demko hopefully back. 
‘Playing a team that is as arrogant and entitled as their captain.
We got this. 

Edit: Ah crap just saw what Tocch said. No Demko. 
Arty Party it is. Big game goalie coming out. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

We got this. 

Tocchet said he’s not playing game 7. He needs multiple practices first where he ramps up like a real game. One day before game day isn’t enough time.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

We got this. 

Edit: Ah crap just saw what Tocch said. No Demko. 
Arty Party it is. Big game goalie coming out. 

I don't find the oilers overly arrogant, not McD anyway.  He was pretty complimentary of the Canucks after game 5

Edited by stawns
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Let’s be honest, all Canadian fanbases are savage assholes in the playoffs lol. 

Agree. The company I worked for was purchased by another company. The new boss had us new guys meet their original employees at a company BBQ on friday. Of coarse i wear my Canucks cap. One of the original company guys looked over at me and said "so your a Canucks fan, I'm a leafs fan and I'm not sure who I despise more oilers or Canucks".

My response "cool man, how are the leafs doing again I haven't been following them"

I think we will be good friends.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, HKSR said:

All I know is I got nothing to say about game 7.  I have no idea what kinda team is gonna show up.  Going from a dominating performance in game 5 to their worst effort in game 6... who knows what game 7 holds anymore.

That's the frustrating part - which Canucks skaters can we count on to show up, and which Oilers?

I'm pretty confident McDavid and Draisaitl will at least create chances and tip the ice in their favor more often than not when they're on the ice.

I suspect the fact that we don't have such players we can reliably count on while Edmonton does is part of why this series is so much more anxiety-inducing than the Nashville series.

Edited by 43isprime
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, grumpworsley said:

Canucks attempts at entry into the O zone is not where it needed to be. Q Hughes has just gotta stop with that fancy little back pass. and carry the play

Not sure what it looks like from his vantage point obviously, but from TV I find he often passes the puck instead of skating with the puck into the open lane.

7 hours ago, stawns said:

Why's that?  By all accounts, it doesn't seem to be affecting him.  

DeSmith has paid his dues and one of the reasons for this seasons success.  I think he deserves a shot. 16 games this season where he allowed 2 goals or less.

7 hours ago, luckylager said:

100%

I like @Hairy Kneel... BUT, if people want to rally around and chant "PE-TEY. PE-TEY" after he no-shows for 12 straight playoff games, they sure as fuck better support our remarkable 3rd stringer even harder.

That kid has been playing far above and beyond what's expected of him and is definitely not the reason the Canucks got worked tonight.

DeSmith earned his spot this year, he was pivotal when Demko went down. He has 16 games where he allowed 2 goals or less. I think he's earned his shot. Plus we're lucky to have 2 solid back ups.

44 minutes ago, Canuck-Man said:

Tocchet said he’s not playing game 7. He needs multiple practices first where he ramps up like a real game. One day before game day isn’t enough time.

Aw crap!

7 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

That was more or less my thoughts as well. We forget the kid has 18 career starts. Half of which came in this 9 straight playoff games stretch. I love the guy like everyone else. But I wonder if we are putting too much on his back already. I am mostly just surprised at how people are flatly against even discussing DeSmith going in. He was great in his 2 playoff starts for us. And his final game against Edmonton in the regular season was pretty lights out. 32 saves on 33 shots. The idea he goes in should at least be discussion. Lol.

I think Ian Clark has input on that decision. I trust him to help make the right choice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Imagine if roles are reversed here? Prob a multi game susy if it's Soucy on McD

It's all fun and games until some one losses an eye. Wow that creep has gotten away with that crap again and again. stripes are friken blind when it comes to inforcing high sticking infractions against him. And he obviously doesn't give a crap about it because I think he knows the league will brush it under the rug. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

D0A4AA32-86E9-44B2-8141-35B2BFD7C5A3.jpeg

They changed it this morning but doesn’t change the fact we all saw what we saw. I laugh at anyone who still thinks the game is genuinely played within the rules. Gary’s made up his mind. But thanks ESPN for the sneak peek last night. 

F505B7A4-02ED-4EC2-9286-A8A62930EEBB.png

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

D0A4AA32-86E9-44B2-8141-35B2BFD7C5A3.jpeg

Sutherland officiating game seven then?

Oh I see they changed it. I hope that means no sutherland

Edited by Joe King
  • ThereItIs 1

56 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Last time I was at a game 7

Linden scored the game winner in the third. 

Those teams won no cups. Why do we remember them so fondly?  70 / 71, and we're still trying. Oh well another whack at it tomorrow. to keep going.

It sure would be poetic if we could blow them out in the last game of the season, as we did in the first game of the season.  Nice book ends.

Regardless of the outcome, I'm still impressed with how things have gone this year.  Don't forget that, fellow fans !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drakrami said:

...although the Canucks definitely were not sharp enough or energetic enough.

That is the summary right there.  Mentally they weren't in it from puck drop.  Physically they weren't in it from puck drop.  Canucks fans are upset because of the effort.  Not the loss.

• Wiener 1