[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

21 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

That's a lot to expect for a player that has just completed his 1st season in the NHL.

He's young and playing in his first NHL playoffs.  Lots of room for improvement, now that he's

had some experience and still has years before he reaches his peak.

Not bad for a 2nd rounder!

True, I just remember during the regular season he gave teams fits all the time.

14 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

True, I just remember during the regular season he gave teams fits all the time.

The playoffs are so intense compared to the regular season, though.  Next year, he will have the

experience to raise up his game.  It's great to see Podz getting some experience as well.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

We can all agree the effort wasn’t there in game 6. Guys played out of sync entire game. We never built any real pressure. 

But at the start of the season if you told me the Canucks would be in game 7 of the second round I would’ve laughed. Good experience for the team but third round experience would be so much better. Let’s spank the Oilers tomorrow and make them cry like the babies 

There’s a bit of a flu going around right now

And it makes me wonder yeah it really makes me wonder

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS

5 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Hogs is a plug. He's a fantastic plug but the Canucks need Petey and Hronek to step up.

I wish every plug we have could score 24 goals in the regular season. Also, didn’t Höglander score the only goal yesterday?  So I guess the rest of the team are plugs too?

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

20goals at 22yrs old is not a plug.  Go back to bed, Chris.

There are tons of 20 goal scorers that are fantastic plugs in the NHL.

Being a plug isn't bad but you can't depend on them to consistently win night in and night out.

You need your studs to do this. 

Edited by chris12345

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I wish every plug we have could score 24 goals in the regular season. Also, didn’t Höglander score the only goal yesterday?  So I guess the rest of the team are plugs too?

Again being a plug isn't bad. It is a very important role.

Edited by chris12345

I am not nervous. 
They aren’t a great team. With Demko this barely goes 5. 
We got this. We have better D, better forward depth, and before last night better goal tender. 
If we can just fix that anemic PP, how about trying to enter the zone with pace. 
Dallas here we come (with no Demko Dallas is where this run ends I think). 
Too bad we rode Demko so hard in the regular season. With all the FAs on this team it is going to look very different next year and then the OEL penalty hits. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

There are tons of 20 goal scorers that are fantastic plugs it is the NHL.

Being a plug isn't bad but you can't depend on them to consistently win night in and night out.

You need your studs to do this. 

So it's either plug or stud in your hockey world?  And to be decided in a player's 1st year in

the league?

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

I am not nervous. 
They aren’t a great team. With Demko this barely goes 5. 
We got this. We have better D, better forward depth, and before last night better goal tender. 
If we can just fix that anemic PP, how about trying to enter the zone with pace. 
Dallas here we come (with no Demko Dallas is where this run ends I think). 
Too bad we rode Demko so hard in the regular season. With all the FAs on this team it is going to look very different next year and then the OEL penalty hits. 

I disagree. Other than yesterday our goaltending has not cost us a game. The other two games we lost were because we couldn’t get shots to the net. 

19 shots in game 2 and 21 shots in game 4. We can’t expect to win games with shot totals like that. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Phil Di Giuseppe would be considered a plug. Not a 24 goal scorer. 

I'd consider him fringe. But whatever all good.

I'd consider Hogz a plug into the top 6 between 4 absolute studs.

• Haha 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I disagree. Other than yesterday our goaltending has not cost us a game. The other two games we lost were because we couldn’t get shots to the net. 

19 shots in game 2 and 21 shots in game 4. We can’t expect to win games with shot totals like that. 

So far we have in 2 series. 

2 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

There’s a bit of a flu going around right now

this .

Coach sounds like he has it ,  many looked a bit gassed last night,  I wouldn’t doubt that it didn’t affect us last night.

But Monday ,  regardless , is

ORANGE CRUSH DAY

Let’s send them back to the draft lottery for 10 more years !CBB3FFAA-F75F-48FA-83F6-2AC31DC4BE23.thumb.webp.ee5fb8d2e4f43a3bbeb8b737e66719b7.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

So it's either plug or stud in your hockey world?  And to be decided in a player's 1st year in

the league?

He has almost 3 seasons in the league.

No there are tons of layers to an NHL line up.

6 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Again being a plug isn't bad. It is a very important role.

Your definition of plug is anyone that is not elite or a great player…that definition is 100% wrong.

A good example of an actually good plug (as you’d say) is Lafferty; doesn’t hurt the team, but does nothing to separate the team.

Hogs is an excellent player that fills the need on our top 6. He is Hyman if he wasn’t gifted with playing with McDrai. The Oilers would love to have plugs like Hogs on good contracts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

lol. Plugs, Studs, and fringe players; no grey😂

2 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Hogz actually DRIVES his lines , he is either F1 or F2 on the forecheck causing chaos, assisting and scoring .

This is actually his first real NHL season as an NHL’r .

You’re perhaps too busy looking for pure goal scorers?

They need Drivers.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Goaltending hasn't been an issue 

But Demko>>> Silovs

I think we would have already finished them with Demko.

Thatcher is a huge part of our team identity.

There's been a few goals this series where I thought Demko would have had it. I get a confidence with Demko that I've never felt with any goalie, more than McLean, Luongo, or Schneider.

But this is Artys team for now and I think we will win it for Silovs cause he has played great.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

He has almost 3 seasons in the league.

No there are tons of layers to an NHL line up.

Those 3 seasons were at a time where we had no Farm system of development, and he made the big club out of necessity .

10 hours ago, stawns said:

All the talk about Petey has really shielded Hughes, who has been as off as Petey, if not more, for the whole post season

What the hell are you talking about. Quinn leads our squad in Corsi, fenwick, G%, He and Miller are leading this team. He had a shot labeled lastnight Skinner just got a piece of. 

The way I see it. The players who have shown up this playoffs

Miller (Player Coach)

Hughes 

Silovs 2x3

Zadorov 6x5

Brock I think might be a cap casualty while returning some very nice futures

Lindholm 7.5x6

Garland Even @Alflives has to admit he's been able to step up in this playoffs.

Joshua 4x4

Myers 3x3

PDG Big Dad Energy

Suter has missed a ton of prime chances/Has gotten a ton of prime chances and shots on goal when others failed to do so. I'm full cup on Suter.

Soucy

I think Pete's balls are about to drop 

Bambi 2' (Film) | Bradley's Basement

Whether it happens this playoffs or not I don't know, but I'm not betting against Pete coming in on a mission next year.

• Vintage 1