[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

13 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

It is over if the Canucks decide not to show up again like last night and game 4. Doesn’t matter what his numbers are when we get no shots. 

It's also over for the Oily's if they show up like they did in Game 5.  So far, in this series, neither team

has won 2 games in a row.  GCG

• ThereItIs 1

Game 7 is winnable…

it’s up to the Canucks… 

Cue the predicable “if then” statement…

IF the Canucks bring their A game THEN that’ll be it - they owned the Oilers this year history is on their side…

ITS UP TO THE TEAM…

they determine their destiny by how they perform…

Go Canucks Go!!!

Vancouver Canucks GIF by Aman Brah

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Darius said:

The goalie I’m assuming they are going to play is Skinner. A career .88x in the playoffs. His numbers this year are slightly worse than last year.  

It’s skinner . Some of you guys are acting as if this is over.  Just put in the effort of game 5. 

Next to zero effort (like last night) means the opposition can have Dan Cloutier in net.  

*IF* can avoid a virtual 'no show' like last game, we *should* win the game regardless in who the Oilers decide to use in net.

*WAY TOO MANY* passengers last night.  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

It's also over for the Oily's if they show up like they did in Game 5.  So far, in this series, neither team

has won 2 games in a row.  GCG

Ya it’s been quite the back and forth series… 

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
3 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Ya it’s been quite the back and forth series… 

It sure has...and a lot of pounding on both clubs.  Tomorrow we will see which team

can muster up and pull off their best performance of the series.  I think it will be a

hard fought battle, with both teams at their best.  GCG

• MillerTime 1

38 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Again, I'm hopeful and have faith that our barn will be the difference. 

It may not go our way but there's certainly more than enough evidence to be confident that we can get it done.

We know how to beat these guys. 

Yup! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Next to zero effort (like last night) means the opposition can have Dan Cloutier in net.  

*IF* can avoid a virtual 'no show' like last game, we *should* win the game regardless in who the Oilers decide to use in net.

*WAY TOO MANY* passengers last night.  

There’s a few things at play here I think. I don’t think it’s just a matter of, or simple as, our guys not showing up. No matter how much we mock them their top players are the elite of the elite. 

1. matchups are huge in this series.  Oilers were getting their top guys out there in favourable situations. This leads to a lot of momentum.  On the road and in our barn it’s a lot harder for them to do that. 

2. I think some are underestimating the absolute disaster it will be for the oilers to lose this series.  They are at the cusp of the end of the McDrai era.  Those guys’ legacies as oilers are on the line. They absolutely couldn’t fail especially in a humiliating fashion on home ice. These guys are good players playing for more than just round 2 survival. The failure goes back years and they have been carrying that load on their backs. Our guys looked overwhelmed after the first when the oilers  scored a couple.  

i expect a different response now that the Canucks season is on the line and we get home ice where tocch can dictate the matchups . I also think Skinner will probably be skinner. 

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Darius said:

There’s a few things at play here I think. I don’t think it’s just a matter of, or simple as, our guys not showing up. No matter how much we mock them their top players are the elite of the elite. 

1. matchups are huge in this series.  Oilers were getting their top guys out there in favourable situations. This leads to a lot of momentum.  On the road and in our barn it’s a lot harder for them to do that. 

2. I think some are underestimating the absolute disaster it will be for the oilers to lose this series.  They are at the cusp of the end of the McDrai era.  Those guys’ legacies as oilers are on the line. They absolutely couldn’t fail especially in a humiliating fashion on home ice. These guys are good players playing for more than just round 2 survival. The failure goes back years and they have been carrying that load on their backs. Our guys looked overwhelmed after the first when the oilers  scored a couple.  

i expect a different response now that the Canucks season is on the line and we get home ice where tocch can dictate the matchups . I also think Skinner will probably be skinner. 

Part of the reason for oilers collapse early in the season was precisely the pressure of being the favorite, or the closing window for their stars.  They withered under the pressure once Nux beat them 3 times.  

The pressure on them is enormous, and game 7 is even more so.  Nux need to take the lead first and pour it on.  Game 5 was quite lopsided despite the close score, as Nux pretty much outplayed them.  If they play like that again, no reason they can't win game 7.  PK needs to stay perfect. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • MillerTime 1

The fact we swept the oilers this year and winning that pivotal game at the end of the season to secure the division title will all come to fruition game 7 when we have home ice. 

Our resiliency this year to always bounce back and maintain the division title was worth it. 

We have last change 

We need the fans to be loud and supportive.

we played hard all year and earned this opportunity to play in our barn. 

Let's go kick their ass

• MillerTime 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Part of the reason for oilers collapse early in the season was precisely the pressure of being the favorite, or the closing window for their stars.  They withered under the pressure once Nux beat them 3 times.  

The pressure on them is enormous, and game 7 is even more so.  Nux need to take the lead first and pour it on.  Game 5 was quite lopsided despite the close score, as Nux pretty much outplayed them.  If they play like that again, no reason they can't win game 7.  PK needs to stay perfect. 

Agreed. For me, the keys are going to be:

1. Maintain an aggressive, sustained forecheck from all four lines.

2. Limit their attempts to counter our forecheck with quick retrievals & stretch passes.

3. Stay disciplined.

4. Get the first goal (or two).

If we can accomplish 1-3, and do so early on, then we have a good chance of accomplishing 4.

And if 4 happens, I can absolutely see them getting exposed from cheating and taking chances under the weight of the expectations foisted on them, especially if we're leading late in the second or into the third.

Edited by syntheticity
  • MillerTime 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Because the talk around town was that they had it in the bag.  Cup or bust. 

Same before this series.  Who did they want in the 3rd round?

• MillerTime 1

More than anything ,  tomorrow is a statement game for the Canucks .

The Oilers will be dismantled within the next 2-3 seasons ,. Win or Lose ,  This is the end of an era of disappointment for the Oilers.

For the Canucks ,  This is , “ We are Back!”

and that energy is about to kick off this game , and the next 4- 6 years of this franchise what will Win the game for us.

Im glad the last game got “testy” at the end of the last game..   it’s where we should pick it up from..  

Our House, Our Crowd, Our Team .

Should be over the top!

All in,    It’s been great watching this team rise,.    And we can all see the future is great.

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Bess did look a bit “off” and less engaged last night :

CF39DABF-5E68-4455-9997-12F452A908C3.thumb.jpeg.bf36cbc543ca589f620efcc102201ceb.jpeg

.....Crickets...... Chicken little in 5    4     3     2     1

Edited by grumpworsley
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We had 35 shots in game 5. That is the shot total we need to win this series. Sure, Demko can win us a series on his own, but we shouldn’t need to rely on goaltending alone to win a cup. Demko could also have a bad game or two. Remember Luongo in the 2011 finals?  Same thing can happen to Demko. 

I’d rather have a team that doesn’t have to rely on goaltending in order to win games. If we get 35 shots on goal tomorrow I think we win the game without a problem. 

We had quite a few shot attempts yesterday too.

Gotta stop missing the net. The boys were gripping their sticks too tight last night.

Hopefully being at home loosens them up a bit 

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

21 hours ago, Blue said:

God is it cringey to see all the posts about effort. As if the team just chooses not to put in effort and it's a simple as that. As if there isn't other things at play.

Low information fandom at its worst.

The most cringy part is how these fans expect the team to work their nuts off every second of the

game, but will barely raise a finger to support or have faith for our team.

22 hours ago, higgyfan said:

It sure has...and a lot of pounding on both clubs.  Tomorrow we will see which team

can muster up and pull off their best performance of the series.  I think it will be a

hard fought battle, with both teams at their best.  GCG

Agreed

im expecting a low scoring tight checking game 

21 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Yup. I said more or less the same thing in another post. If the boys can create a sustained forecheck like they did in game 5, I can absolutely see the Oilers feeling the pressure and making mistakes. This is a winnable game for us. Disciplined, resilient play by the many can prevail over the talent of a few. 

On 5/19/2024 at 9:55 AM, luckylager said:

I'm not knocking Casey, I just don't think you take Silovs out for game 7. He's been so much better than expected, and it's the other 18 players who need to step up.

I see Tocchet agrees with you there. So be it, let the chips fall where they may. I'm totally fine with Silov's if Tocchet says so. C'mon boys!!

• Cheers 1