[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

The question is, do you go back to DeSmith? Silovs is a rookie with fewer than 20 career starts. Not playoff, career. They went back to Skinner and that guy was an absolute sieve. Silovs might be feeling the effects of playing so many games in a short amount of time. And he's a rookie. He let in some softies tonight. I think it'd be smart to go DeSmith here. Won't necessarily help wake the boys up front up. But might be good to go with the fresher vet in net.

If demko isn't 100%

It's Artys crease.

Win it for Latvia

• Like 1

Well a team is bound to have a garbage game along the way in the playoffs. Hope they flashed that out of their system after this one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Yikes, a loss and the crowd turns. Pressure is a real thing and the Canucks are the ones who couldn't handle it this time. Clearly still learning how to embrace the moment but it isn't necessarily a bad thing and it doesn't mean they don't care, etc. These types of loses are a part of evolving into a winner. Boys need to regroup and get back at it.

This series always felt like it was going seven. Get it done Monday, carpe diem my friends!!!

The Loss has Fuck All to do with it.  I think it was the C- effort by the team. It was ugly and what’s worse is the indifference. 

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Yeah, Juice is right though. You have to earn that trust so much. If players are comfortable with that and it works for them, great. But it can turn nasty if the wrong person does it

I was really looking forward to the 4 day break. getting drunk every other day alternating on feelings of happiness and sadness. its taking a toll on me. But i keep going because I'm a team player.

I think the Canucks just have to flush this one quickly, as quick as possible. It was just straight up garbage, so throw it in the trash where it belongs. A game 7 at home, one game. Let’s win it!

• Like 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

The oilers played better than the Canucks tonight, but they’ve shown a level of embellishment that I didn’t think an NHL team that has any self respect would display. 

Nothing about this loss was reffing. Canucks had the first two chances and a 5 on 3 later. They just looked like pussies to me. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

The question is, do you go back to DeSmith? Silovs is a rookie with fewer than 20 career starts. Not playoff, career. They went back to Skinner and that guy was an absolute sieve. Silovs might be feeling the effects of playing so many games in a short amount of time. And he's a rookie. He let in some softies tonight. I think it'd be smart to go DeSmith here. Won't necessarily help wake the boys up front up. But might be good to go with the fresher vet in net.

Hell no. Only way Silovs comes out is for Demko

Posted (edited)

I fear the guys have run out of gas or luck for that matter. I really hope I am wrong. But if they eventually lose, I won't blame them. It's been a good run already.

Edited by wesley

They were too passive 5 on 5, couldn't capitalize on their early PP, and Silvos didn't have his best game. Let's hope for a massive bounce back effort on Monday. So many fans across the NHL want to see the Oilers knocked off their assumed pedestal. If there's any justice in the universe, we will prevail. ⚖️

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I think I heard we missed the net 18 times in the first 2 periods. 

this is why I think the occasion got to the team more than the Oilers did. They were gripping sticks and making plays that they usually don’t. Oilers didn’t bring anything new other than a desperation they know is needed from experience. 

• Cheers 1