As a Member of this Forum, Where Does Your Handle Originate From?

Posted (edited)

🤔...  Not sure... 

LOL!   But to put the history before this name.  Originally my handle was Rodishred.   A mix of two 'high end'  prospects we'd just drafted.  Shreader and Rodin.   Obviously neither of these guys turned out as impact players for the nucks or any other NHL team.   Rodin made a comeback attempt.  Looked promising in training camp and then got injured again.   So yah...  Glad I got it right this time around!   

The pic is of Steve McQueen...  Coolest actor ever!  This from the best car chase movie ever! Bullet.   He did all the stunt driving... In a 67 mustang fastback... What a fuckin boss! 

Edited by Hogs and Podz
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Vintage Don Taylor doing Canuck highlights: "Daniel D-Money Sedin"

Loved the Sedins. And my first name is Daniel. Seemed to fit, never changed it.

Although...I usually go by Dan. So instead of 22 Sedin, I went with the 2 Hamhuis Jersey instead.

Edited by D-Money
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

I use a quasi acronym from my real name.

It's supposed to be pronounced DANGER.....but everyone calls me Dan Jr.   But is is Don ANderson JR.

14 years ago after my divorce I changed my socials to Cobra_Mustang on most every other platform.....but my account on CDC was one of my first ever social accounts so I don't want to change it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Lack imagination so used my first initial and half my last name.    The photo is me and my Dad, after a day of big game fishing.   Fanny packs and all.   Was a great day.    Otherwise it would probably be something like this: 

image.jpg

icabod batchelor?

• Haha 3
  • chaos 1

5 hours ago, DANJR said:

I use a quasi acronym from my real name.

It's supposed to be pronounced DANGER.....but everyone calls me Dan Jr.   But is is Don ANderson JR.

14 years ago after my divorce I changed my socials to Cobra_Mustang on most every other platform.....but my account on CDC was one of my first ever social accounts so I don't want to change it.

Cobra_Mustang,now there is a name build for catfishing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Originally, my forum name when the original fan forum became CDC and a bunch of us piled into CDC from the original forum, was 'vain0'. Vaino was my grandfathers pet name. My grandmother would call him this as a term of endearment. In Finn it means 'persecuted one'. I added the zero instead of an 'o' at the end in reference to a 'vain little zero', which was an historical quote around atheism. Something about the difference between 'good' and 'god' is just a vain little zero. 
Shortly after that people were teasing me that I am always an optimist, and I said something like being the primal optimist or what not.. and its been Optimist Prime or Primal Optimist ever since. 

HUGE shout out to anyone here that remembers the forums before they were hosted by CDC, and cheers for coming over to the new Canucks Fan Forum, a third home for a handful of long time online supporters.

P.O>

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3