[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

56 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Was just discussing this with the missus, go with the short f bench from the start, lay it all out there and Juulson can be there to bring an edge.

Yea maybe run 91 on the pp in front.

Have 7dman in the event anything goes sideways.

Double shift Miller or Petey on the 4th line.

• ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

Oh did they tell you that? What are you all gonna do in a few years when the truth comes out like it already is? 

This is just not the forum for it.

Can we keep the focus on the upcoming game 7

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Originally in an earlier comment I mentioned that this could be Lekeremakis time to shine but it's probably not wise 

I know the 2 I mentioned are also rookies but I don't think Lek has ever even played on NA ice.

Lekky played 6 games for Abby  -  1 goal and 1 assist

19 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

Oh did they tell you that? What are you all gonna do in a few years when the truth comes out like it already is? 

Shush!  This is a hockey forum.  The anti-vax and conspiracies thread is over there_________________________>>>>>

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, mmkk said:

Are you serious Sutherland is reffing another Canucks game 7??? That pos shouldn't be allowed to ref another Canucks game. Someone should dump a whole bottle of laxatives in his drink before the game.

Where did you hear that Sutherland is reffing Game 7?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'd change the forward lines to:

Pettersson Miller Hoglander (matchup 1)

Joshua Lindholm Garland (matchup 2)

Suter Blueger Mikheyev (shutdown)

DiGiuseppe Aman Podkolzin (energy)

Edited by BigTramFan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lines without Brock, just for shits and giggles. 

Pettersson - Miller - Lindholm 

Joshua - Blueger - Garland 

Hoglander - Suter - Di Guiseppe

Lafferty - Aman - Podkolzin 

Hughes - Myers

Zadorov - Soucy 

Cole - Hronek

Silovs

I think this is what it has to be given our lineup. I'm not sure the advantage of having Mik in our lineup given no points.

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well this just became a Helm’s Deep type situation.

Time to draw on the warriors who shall fight for their brothers who can’t. 

Everyone needs to give 110% effort, especially Petey and Hughes 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lines without Brock, just for shits and giggles. 

Pettersson - Miller - Lindholm 

Joshua - Blueger - Garland 

Hoglander - Suter - Di Guiseppe

Lafferty - Aman - Podkolzin 

Hughes - Myers

Zadorov - Soucy 

Cole - Hronek

Silovs

I'm all for keeping Lindholm & Pettersson together, but I think we'll see Lindholm & Miller on separate lines for better matchups & winning more faceoffs.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

I'd change the forward lines to:

Pettersson Miller Hoglander (matchup 1)

Joshua Lindholm Garland (matchup 2)

Suter Blueger Mikheyev (shutdown)

DiGiuseppe Aman Podkolzin (energy)

I might explore ways to keep Lindholm & Pettersson together, but I think you're right that they'll likely try to keep Miller and Lindholm on separates lines for defensive matchups & faceoffs.

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I really hope we expose Skinner for the bad goalie he is, even if we lose doing it.

They'll likely need to score 3 or 4 to get to OT or win against the Oilers. That should be doable against Skinner as long as they don't overpass on the PP and get in front of him in general.

• Cheers 1

I preparing myself for this one. I’m not going to be disappointed in this team. Hell of a run if we lose and a successful season. We have a few years for a window here and I think we can win it all here soon.

Rooting for the boys now though. It’s one game and we have a chance to win. Do it for Brock 

• Cheers 3

Posted (edited)

Posted this in the other thread regarding Brock:

Everybody is assuming a blood clot, but it could very well be the opposite.  Viruses can result in thrombocytopenia, which is a significant drop in platelet levels.  This happened to my daughter last year.  It is generally not life threatening, but sometimes may require a blood transfusion to get platelet levels back up to a safe range (which is what my daughter ended up having).  Would take a couple weeks for the numbers to climb though.  Either way, hoping for a speedy recovery for Brock.  We will need him as part of our core moving forward.

EDIT: Sorry I should clarify since it isn't obvious.  Platelets are what the body needs to allow blood to clot from injuries.

Edited by HKSR
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Posted this in the other thread regarding Brock:

Everybody is assuming a blood clot, but it could very well be the opposite.  Viruses can result in thrombocytopenia, which is a significant drop in platelet levels.  This happened to my daughter last year.  It is generally not life threatening, but sometimes may require a blood transfusion to get platelet levels back up to a safe range (which is what my daughter ended up having).  Would take a couple weeks for the numbers to climb though.  Either way, hoping for a speedy recovery for Brock.  We will need him as part of our core moving forward.

I really wish they had just said he was out due to an undisclosed medical issue.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Googlie said:

Lekkerimaki isn't going to be inserted,:

6 games in an NHL size rink for Abby.  2 points (1 and 1)

If not NHL-proven players like Lafferty and Mikheyev,  next man up would be Karlsson (a point per game over 60 games for Abby( or Bains (just under a point per game)

(And just for the record,  good as Lekkerimaki's SHL rookie goalscoring prowess was, it didn't come close to matching the record, held by none other than Linus Karlsson)

I thought it was strange, I didn't see Baines' name on the recall list with everybody else. I'd like to see Raty. I think they should put Pods with JT and Sutes, he has been hard working and responsible in his games, but it will probably be PDG because of familiarity.  Tocc should leave the Swedish House Mafia alone, they got our only goal last game, and I was happy to see Hoggie giving the puck up to EP. 

Edited by Canuckleheads Fan

Zadorov - Miller - Suter

Pettersson - Lindholm - Hoglander

Joshua- Blueger - Garland

Mik - Aman - Podz

Hughes - Myers

Donkey - Soucy 

Cole - Hronek

Silovs

• Cheers 1

Why subject Lekk or Raty when the cards are out. If anything the 2 should have played in games 2 or 3 any round. That would have given a better insight as to what they can handle.

Against the divers is not how to learn. Inserting either of the 2 might effect thier development. 

6 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Zadorov - Miller - Suter

Pettersson - Lindholm - Hoglander

Joshua- Blueger - Garland

Mik - Aman - Podz

Hughes - Myers

Donkey - Soucy 

Cole - Hronek

Silovs

That's different; I think I like it! 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NucksNation said:

There is nothing new that's came up since the completion of phase 4. 

You are just ignorant.  

• Upvote 1

I fully expect to see a JT miller beast mode game,if he can call out teammates in game I expect him to deliver,see what happens

• Cheers 1