[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

39 minutes ago, Googlie said:

What I'm expecting:

- Silovs will be fantastic.  All his Abby shutouts came next game after a stinker.

- JT will be a man possessed after the embarrassment of last game.

- Petey will have a monster game, for his buddy.

- whatever has been ailing Hughes will be ignored.  The season is on the line and he wants to keep playing

- the game 7 vets, Blueger, Cole and Zadorov, will lead by example and the rest of the team will follow

A 3-1 win for Vancouver

Petey needs to have a monster game for the team, and his pride... Sorry but he needs to get physically bigger, and a bigger attitude!  Hope he works on the former over the summer, on the latter? Idk..  seems his confidence took a hit.. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Uhmmm, We kinda are in that big team category!

Yep (kinda) exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself, however its time to move on from kinda.. that never worked for us, ever! 

Our best runs weren't from "kinda" though, 2012 and 1994? We had big rosters those years, and enough skill which got us the closest we ever came to Stanley.

Edited by iceman1964

• Roberts changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)
Posted (edited)

They will need good goal-tending and D for Game 7. Not just box-outs and clearances, but hopefully those BIG 3D can try shooting a few through - with the size leverage they have, should be able to crank a few   I also hope to see Hronek have his best game of the playoffs as he has been quiet.  See if RT (or JT) can help with de-stressing some of the younger players.

Boy, the odds are stacked against the Canucks - Media and Vegas pretty much all picking the Oilers and we are also missing some key personnel. 

It would be really nice to win tonight just to throw off all the predictions and say "take that".

Go Canucks.

justwin.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer
  • Like 1

Whatever happens in game seven, I believe these playoffs have underscored what JR/PA tried to do at the deadline, but could not, and that was to add a top-six scorer. It will be interesting to see who they go after on July 1st. I have to think they would still be interested in Jake Guentzel, but he'll be very expensive. Pretty slim pickings in the UFA wingers this year. Toffoli is available again but I'm not sure he fits what Tocchet demands. Within the system I really like Raty, Sasson and Bains. One thing is certain: next year's team will not look like this year's team.

11 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

They will need good goal-tending and D for Game 7. Not just box-outs and clearances, but hopefully those BIG 3D can try shooting a few through - with the size leverage they have, should be able to crank a few   I also hope to see Hronek have his best game of the playoffs as he has been quiet.  See if RT (or JT) can help with de-stressing some of the younger players.

Boy, the odds are stacked against the Canucks - Media and Vegas pretty much all picking the Oilers and we are also missing some key personnel. 

It would be really nice to win tonight just to throw off all the predictions and say "take that".

Go Canucks.

justwin.jpg

Definitely agree with you there, we need to screen and get shots to the net instead of trying pretty goals all the time, ok most of the time but we need to move the puck faster and not hang onto it too long so the opposition gets time to get in the way. 

If we get that down, we have a chance, if we don't.. Say goodnight! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Zadorov - Miller - Suter

Pettersson - Lindholm - Hoglander

Joshua- Blueger - Garland

Mik - Aman - Podz

Hughes - Myers

Donkey - Soucy 

Cole - Hronek

Silovs

I can imagine Zadorov being in front of the net on a PP, but I think he's more valuable as a defenseman.

• Cheers 1

Honestly... The Canucks will face more pressure because they are playing at home and failed to finish game 6.  but I am afraid tomorrow the odds are Oilers will win game 7. Anyway if the Canucks lost tomorrow I will not feel dissapointed given how the team went so far this season. its been a succesfull season regardless what happens tomorrow. lots of homework still during offseason to improve the roster and etc. Without Demko Without Bros... it's tough to win. I dont even expect the Canucks can passed 1st round let alone 2nd round.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, iceman1964 said:

We're not really a team built for the playoffs, bigger teams normally lean on us and we cave, or we shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties or both.

I really hope somehow PA & JR toughen up this roster soon, I'm kind of surprised we got past the Preds, I thought for sure that was it for us. 

Happy that we got past the Preds but they beat on us pretty bad and we were lucky to get to edm but edm started to do the same thing and then we stood around watching too much, if that doesn't change this last game and we take dumb ass penalties again, we're headed for the golf course...  We need to come out flying and take it to them all game with the pedal down, if we don't, well, hopefully it will show the brass we need a bigger team, not just skill and they'll do something about it.

Probably not but I hope so! 

That's why Soucy was signed,  Zadarov brought in, Joshua as well.   Do you feel we've been "pushed around?".    Saw more battle in the NSH series, then EDM's brought.   Haven't you?   

And as far as "normally" goes,  if that is the bubble, not the same team (and agree that team didn't have what it took to go far, Game 7 was Demko, we all know that).    We had a big team in the 80's and 90's compared to our peer group.   Second round was fairly normal in the Quin era.   One amazing run.    

Agree we do need another guy in the forward group, and Hronek shine has faded.    Still need to make the post season.   We also belong where we are.   Considering we'd likely be a Presidents trophy team with Demko healthy enough to play 60-65 games, which is what teams look for in a star starter,  and i'm not sure this would have gone to Game 7 (we'd be waiting to play Dallas) if we had Demko, our team plays a different style.   More relaxed, and don't see three guys behind him for playing so far out etc...

We definitely belong where we are.   EDM isn't a "bigger team", why do you think they've taken us to Game 7?   We also "beat on" NSH.    And beat them.   Sure wouldn't swap teams.    Garland is a big part of that.  

I do agree we lack another big body upfront.    Juulsen as our 7th man is nice too.   Hronek ... that's a pickle,  need guys to get you to the post season too. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

@Roberts made the GDT.... We're gonna win... Book it... 

That's the spirit!   EDM can suck eggs.   We've got last change.   Last time we had last change,  EDM couldn't keep up.    Our fans are amazing.   And our guys will feed off that.   

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

Funny how last two game 7s were shutouts. The last one Nux won was Slay the Dragon game.  Just score.  Skinner ain't getting no shutout.

Nux in 7. 

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Funny how last two game 7s were shutouts. The last one Nux won was Slay the Dragon game.  Just score.  Skinner ain't getting no shutout.

Nux in 7. 

Myers magic.    He does have the "IT" factor, that our 94 team seemed to have lots of.    Hockey Guys's stuff is always interesting and fun to watch.   Go Canucks GO!! 

We got here by a strong forecheck, great defence, timely goals, improving pk and solid goaltending. All of those depend entirely on us. Play our game and we can win. 

Only we can write our story, screw the media, screw the picks. Believe that this time it will be different. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, IBatch said:

That's the spirit!   EDM can suck eggs.   We've got last change.   Last time we had last change,  EDM couldn't keep up.    Our fans are amazing.   And our guys will feed off that.   

There you go... positive energy.... keep it flowing... 

We beat those fucker....

As Churchil said (slightly altered)

we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in Rogers Arena, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Canucks, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the Old.[10]

Edited by spook007
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, iceman1964 said:

We're not really a team built for the playoffs, bigger teams normally lean on us and we cave, or we shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties or both.

I really hope somehow PA & JR toughen up this roster soon, I'm kind of surprised we got past the Preds, I thought for sure that was it for us. 

Happy that we got past the Preds but they beat on us pretty bad and we were lucky to get to edm but edm started to do the same thing and then we stood around watching too much, if that doesn't change this last game and we take dumb ass penalties again, we're headed for the golf course...  We need to come out flying and take it to them all game with the pedal down, if we don't, well, hopefully it will show the brass we need a bigger team, not just skill and they'll do something about it.

Probably not but I hope so! 

What team are you talking about?   Not the nucks.   They are bigger on the back end then any other team left in the playoffs and bigger than Nashville as well.   Your comments are confusing.  And how is this team not built for the playoffs? 

Edited by Hogs and Podz
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ary.254 said:

Honestly... The Canucks will face more pressure because they are playing at home and failed to finish game 6.  but I am afraid tomorrow the odds are Oilers will win game 7. Anyway if the Canucks lost tomorrow I will not feel dissapointed given how the team went so far this season. its been a succesfull season regardless what happens tomorrow. lots of homework still during offseason to improve the roster and etc. Without Demko Without Bros... it's tough to win. I dont even expect the Canucks can passed 1st round let alone 2nd round.

Far more pressure on the Oilers and its not even close. Their window is closing, given the age & contract situations of Draisaitl & McDavid, a point that Edmonton papers have been constantly repeating. Nearly every analyst also picked them to win this series. This was supposed to be their year. If they can't beat us (without our vezna calibre goalie and leading goalscorer), then there will be some difficult discussions in Edmonton this offseason. 

I also disagree with your assessment of our odds of winning.

Edited by syntheticity

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Why are so many fans being "realistic"?   This isn't the time for that.    And writing us off before the puck drops.    It's not over until it is.   Game day, put your best foot forward and let's support these guys.   Get your game faces on.  We can celebrate the terrific season this has been so far when it's over.   Silovs or De-Smith.   Silovs does what he did for Latvia we aren't close to done yet.   It's a team sport.   Anyone can be a hero in Game 7, part of what makes it so special.   Get ready!   Live feed,  Corey Perry's exercise routine: workout paessler GIF by PRTG

This^
Time to go balls to the wall, put our best foot forward, and take these chumps out to the woodpile. By tomorrow Connie Mc, Dopey Leon, and the rest of.them will be booking Tee times.

GCG :towel:

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, syntheticity said:

Far more pressure on the Oilers and its not even close. Their window is closing, given the age & contract situations of Draisaitl & McDavid, a point that Edmonton papers have been constantly repeating. Nearly every analyst also picked them to win this series. This was supposed to be their year. If they can't beat us (without our vezna calibre goalie and leading goalscorer), then there will be some difficult discussions in Edmonton this offseason. 

I also disagree with your assessment of our odds of winning.

Kenny H’s ass is already fire engine red from being on the hot seat for not getting an NHL calibre goaltender. Let’s make them pay for snoozing through the TDL.

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 2