[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

20 hours ago, Satchmo said:

Good one Deb. HiggyFan's was good too. Bouche is mouth in French. So, Le Grande Bouche = The Big Mouth.

So, Le grande bouche avec le petit pique (penis)?

One of My Rules (which must be obeyed at all times):  "Pique"(above) can be pronounced "P-K" if the Canucks are on the powerplay.

Disclaimer: I 'studied' French in school for six years and one semester at uni and still can't speak it, or understand what the hell they're saying.

Exceptions: Le til et le bouh! - Danny Gallivan; Sacre bleu; Tabernacle; Mon Dieu; Ma cherie; Voulez vous coucher avec moi, ce soir; and phuque offe; but that's about it.

Le ragle:  J  T  Miller, for example.  Oh yeah, par example!!  Filet Mignon!  Les Habs.  Bouillabaisse mnum num.. Champagne.   

Nuff Francais, here's a funny story, at least imo: 

We're sitting, watching the Canucks game with my Swedish (descent) bud and his grandfather, and the Nux get a penalty.

(I know, same shit, different millennium.)

And "Papa", with his head bent down between his knees, holding it there with both hands, says with his very heavy Swedish accent,

"Oh no!  Not an-other pun-ish-ment." 

(You Scandinavian descent folks know how to add the accent in your minds. Like: Min Ness Oh Ta!)

Man, we just fell about the place!

- Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back In Town:

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Not sure why folks are saying Lindholm is a rental? He seems to fit really well in the playoffs. And I'm pretty sure a little rest in the offseason will do most of the players wonders. I'd say Lafferty is gone. Myers and Zads have proven their worth. Bluegar is 50/50. A lot of questions will be what will Joshua and Hronek and Zads want?

Getting rid of Mik is probably going to be a priority.

You can't have enough centres, ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.

• Cheers 3

16 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

How does the D fight it out for presence in front of the opposing crease exactly?  If you add a bit more skill to the Preds, that is a playoff built team! 

So you're saying canuck forwards aren't big enough?  Just looked at the Preds forward group... Yah they have SOME size on us...  But it's not a huge difference considering that the larger forwards we have are more impactful in comparison to theirs.  Your argument is weak.   I mean...  The Preds are golfing right now. 

Are you a closet Preds fan?  Because this seems like sour grapes to me.   You've made way better  arguments in the past.   

Now if you look at Dallas forward roster,  THAT'S  a heavy and talented forward group.  That makes for a good argument.   But the Preds...  Come on. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, drdeath said:

Fans are going to be on Skinner like never before. We played all year for this game to be here. Let's go make it count. 

Yep

As usual they’ll be chanting his name before he’s even been tested or stumbled and only serve to further galvanize his resolve and that of his team and, of course, drive me nuts

Watching game 6 and the Coiler fans didn’t even dare whisper Silovs name until he mishandled the puck behind his net

Damn embarrassing to see them behaving with more hockey smarts than our own fans but there it is

Hopefully won’t happen but now at least if that tool stones us you’ll have someone other than the players to pin it on

Edited by Steamer4GM

9 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Yep

As usual they’ll be chanting his name before he’s even been tested or stumbled and only serve to further galvanize his resolve and that of his team and, of course, drive me nuts

Watching game 6 and the Coiler fans didn’t even dare whisper Silovs name until he mishandled the puck behind his net

Damn embarrassing to see them behaving with more hockey smarts than our own fans but there it is

Hopefully won’t happen but now at least if that tool stones us you’ll have someone other than the players to pin it on

I don't agree.

You set the tone...you chant loud and you chant throughout. Make it known....THIS IS OUR BARN.

It isn't embarrassing, it's awesome. Come join the party some time, you'll see.

We don't need hockey smarts as fans, that's for the guys on the  ice. We need to bring energy and fill that arena with support.

Oilers fans also were very tentative (for a reason). We don't have to follow their lead...we can be leaders. I'm proud our arena is shaking during these games.

• Like 2
  • MillerTime 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I don't agree.

You set the tone...you chant loud and you chant throughout. Make it known....THIS IS OUR BARN.

It isn't embarrassing, it's awesome. Come join the party some time, you'll see.

We don't need hockey smarts as fans, that's for the guys on the  ice. We need to bring energy and fill that arena with support.

Oilers fans also were very tentative (for a reason). We don't have to follow their lead...we can be leaders. I'm proud our arena is shaking during these games.

I’ve been to a few games in my time Deb. No need to act all high n mighty. I knew you’d disagree. It’s just my opinion. I think it’s ill guided. Happy to be wrong but wasn’t the case in game 2 when I was there telling everyone to stfu

Oh, and I’m referring specifically and only to chanting Skinner, not to cheering like mad n shaking the roof off the place 

Edited by Steamer4GM
Last paragraph
  • Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

4 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

If all powers that be collude against us and we come up short on the ice tonight, I say we take our winning lottery ticket, round up all those asshat rioters from ‘94 and 2011, put them on a bus loaded w tequila and balaclavas and send them to oil town

A fate worse than death?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

If all powers that be collude against us and we come up short on the ice tonight, I say we take our winning lottery ticket, round up all those asshat rioters from ‘94 and 2011, put them on a bus loaded w tequila and balaclavas and send them to oil town

Great idea.  Message ahead to the 'powers that be' that there is a bus load of tradesmen heading

from BC to apply for the $5000 Moving Bonus.

3 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Who is skating with Miller?

What do the lines look like?

I think JT, Petey and Lindy will be playing 30 minutes tonight.  We will likely see

them on lots of different lines.

• MillerTime 1

10 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Wait, Why would we reward them with tequila?!?

• Haha 1

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Who is skating with Miller?

What do the lines look like?

Playoffs, nobody knows until the warmups. Last ones from practice were apparently josh-lind-garl, bluegs with pdg and laff. Rest is unknown

• MillerTime 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone else feeling the ELECTRIC ENERGY and can't wait for the game to start. I am pretending to work, but really having a pre-game beer watching the clock willing it to hurry up and get to 6 o'clock. Well in my defence, (i) it is a holiday here, (ii) I did manage to get out some very important emails, (iii) working on one last doc and (iv) been reading / posting in this forum !!!!!!

AS MANY POSTED HERE ALREADY, THIS IS WHY WE FOUGHT FOR HOME ICE ADVANTAGE!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'm saddened Mikheyev is drawing back into the lineup. I just hope we keep him the hell away from the 2nd line.

Maybe he just needed to sit a couple and he’ll be alright tonight. Wishful thinking I know 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1