[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

21 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

I’ve been to a few games in my time Deb. No need to act all high n mighty. I knew you’d disagree. It’s just my opinion. I think it’s ill guided. Happy to be wrong but wasn’t the case in game 2 when I was there telling everyone to stfu

Oh, and I’m referring specifically and only to chanting Skinner, not to cheering like mad n shaking the roof off the place 

How is that "acting all high and mighty"? Telling people at the game to stfu might be though.

In game 5 we had a blast...chanting our hearts out. PICCKKKK.....ARRRRRD.

Like you, I go to many games and some fans just do it differently than you. The more the merrier. And people pay good money for the chance to...do whatever tf they want at games (within the rules of course). Even if some don't think it's a good idea.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Great idea.  Message ahead to the 'powers that be' that there is a bus load of tradesmen heading

from BC to apply for the $5000 Moving Bonus.

They are advertising that in Ontario to steal our trades people. To many years of neglecting to train people.

• Thanks 1

Spent the second half of last week in Edmonton at the Volleyball Nationals. Lost my voice on Thursday during game 5 in a bar, along with the parents of my athletes, holding court against the locals. Saturday was a lot of pain, but still didn't lose the chirping war against the Coilers' fans. Drove around Edmonton golf courses and made sure they all have plenty of availability for Tuesday - they are all prepared for all the new reservations starting tomorrow. #LFG

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I really hope we get after their defence tonight and attack the net.

Win or lose.

If we dont have that hungry attitude and bring it to them I will be very disappointed.

This is a team that can be pushed and break. They have many weak points, and we cant jus play back and let them play their game.

So here's my crystal ball:

Rogers Arena will be alive 

Both teams come out flying in an exaggerated way 

Canucks immediately set the physical tone

Our neutral zone play limits their ability to get their top players going with speed 

In an unusual turn we get the games first goal, relatively early 

Being down frustrates them and we get the games games first PP, in which we score 

Nux up 2-0 which frustrated oil to no end. We grind the game to ultimately take the W in regulation. They score with the goalie pulled to come within one, but can't do it.

3-2 Canucks 

If we play our game it's ours to lose, which I can't say the same for them.

BOOM Demko and Boeser back for Round 3.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

I’ve been to a few games in my time Deb. No need to act all high n mighty. I knew you’d disagree. It’s just my opinion. I think it’s ill guided. Happy to be wrong but wasn’t the case in game 2 when I was there telling everyone to stfu

Oh, and I’m referring specifically and only to chanting Skinner, not to cheering like mad n shaking the roof off the place 

You honestly think anyone cares? lol. 

Nobody cares. 
Nobody cares that the Skinner chant pisses you off and Skinner doesn’t care about his name being chanted. Relax wiener boy. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Devron said:

Should be nervous but I’m calm and collected. Let’s go Canucks! 

Win or lose take care of our city 

Yeah I’m pretty chill too - I’m proud of our boys - we had an amazing season beyond our expectations - when you consider the all the adversity we’ve gone through these playoffs the shit reffing, playing with our third string goalie - Petey is playing at 60% - Brock out for game 7, I’m proud… next year might just be our year… this team

is trending upwards…

Whatever happens tonight…

Here’s to a great season!!!

Go Canucks Go!!!

Vancouver Canucks GIF by Aman Brah

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Like 1
  • MillerTime 1

4 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Drove around Edmonton golf courses and made sure they all have plenty of availability for Tuesday - they are all prepared for all the new reservations starting tomorrow.

Sad part is, even the players wouldn't stick around to play golf there in the off-season.  They'd much rather hit places that have more than what Deadmonton offers.

• chaos 1

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Sad part is, even the players wouldn't stick around to play golf there in the off-season.  They'd much rather hit places that have more than what Deadmonton offers.

They'll head straight to the Okanagan. Bet on it.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I don't agree.

You set the tone...you chant loud and you chant throughout. Make it known....THIS IS OUR BARN.

It isn't embarrassing, it's awesome. Come join the party some time, you'll see.

We don't need hockey smarts as fans, that's for the guys on the  ice. We need to bring energy and fill that arena with support.

Oilers fans also were very tentative (for a reason). We don't have to follow their lead...we can be leaders. I'm proud our arena is shaking during these games.

I am lucky enough to watch this game 7 live since my last game 7 where we slayed the dragon.

Ima be screaming as loud as I can!

I have nerves and anxiety out the ying yang.  More than an elimination game where I'm actually playing!

Last time I had to take off from work early and just get there on time.  This time as it's a holiday I was wondering how early I should get down there.  I want to show my mum the atmosphere pregame and not just arrive to watch etc.

Deb or others, what time do you think would be the best to arrive to soak it all in?  Was planning on leaving from surrey around 3:30.  Any other tips?  Work has always hindered my ability to come hours early but today it is not the case.  

Thank you Canuck nation in advance for any advice.

Let's go!!!!

Edited by I_AM_CANUCKIAN
  • Like 1
  • chaos 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

His last few have been weak. Saying Oilers were better in the series and then his tepid support in game 7. He's also so neutral that his game reviews lack any substance. I'll take a break from him no matter what happens. 

His whole pandering to Oilers fans about the Soucy incident without bringing up the garbage Edmonton got away with was peak BS and why I unsubscribed from him.

Edited by canuckster19
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Oh good, no Sutherland. 

See boys and girls? This is why spelling and punctuation are important...even on an internet forum....

Oh god, no! Sutherland.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, I_AM_CANUCKIAN said:

I am lucky enough to watch this game 7 live since my last game 7 where we slayed the dragon.

I have nerves and anxiety out the ying yang.  More than an elimination game where I'm actually playing!

Last time I had to take off from work early and just get there on time.  This time as it's a holiday I was wondering how early I should get down there.  I want to show my mum the atmosphere pregame and not just arrive to watch etc.

Deb or others, what time do you think would be the best to arrive to soak it all in?  Was planning on leaving from surrey around 3:30.  Any other tips?  Work has always hindered my ability to come hours early but today it is not the case.  

Let's go!!!!

The atmosphere outside the rink (on the plaza) is great. You have all kinds of stuff happening out there and it's a great opportunity to start feeling the excitement before you go inside.

I usually get there about 30 minutes before doors open. Just so I can sit out there and soak it all in.

Have a great time!!! Be loud and proud, we need you!!

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, I_AM_CANUCKIAN said:

Let's go!!!!

Arrive at the Shark Club by 5:30 the latest, 5:00 would be ideal. You will be lucky if it isn't already full but if not, grab a drink and perhaps an appy. The Canucks fans will be raucous by then - great atmosphere. By about 6:00 or so wander outside and watch the crowd starting to stream into the game. Go down to the lower lever (Pacific Blvd) and soak up what will sure to be boisterous fans getting ready for the game. Would be surprised if there wasn't a street performer or two there.

Head into lower level gates and wander around - make sure to pick up a 50/50 ticket. If you can, sneak into the restaurant for a drink and strike up a conversation with any table - they will engage.

From there see what happens. 

Edited by Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Arrive at the Shark Club by 5:30 the latest, 5:00 would be ideal. You will be lucky if it isn't already full but if not, grab a drink and perhaps an appy. The Canucks fans will be raucous by then - great atmosphere. By about 6:15 wander outside and watch the crowd starting to stream into the game. Go down to the lower lever (Pacific Blvd) and soak up what will sure to be boisterous fans getting ready for the game. Would be surprised if there wasn't a street performer to two there.

Head into lower level gates and wander around - make sure to pick up a 50/50 ticket. If you can, sneak into the restaurant for a drink and strike up a conversation with any table - they will engage.

From there see what happens. 

The game starts at 6:00 tonight, would it be 4:30 at latest now?