[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

3 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Arrive at the Shark Club by 5:30 the latest, 5:00 would be ideal. You will be lucky if it isn't already full but if not, grab a drink and perhaps an appy. The Canucks fans will be raucous by then - great atmosphere. By about 6:15 wander outside and watch the crowd starting to stream into the game. Go down to the lower lever (Pacific Blvd) and soak up what will sure to be boisterous fans getting ready for the game. Would be surprised if there wasn't a street performer to two there.

Head into lower level gates and wander around - make sure to pick up a 50/50 ticket. If you can, sneak into the restaurant for a drink and strike up a conversation with any table - they will engage.

From there see what happens. 

If you get in early/when the doors open, go down to ice level and watch the warm up down there. It's awesome. I usually hit up the Zamboni area.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Cali Canuck said:

The game starts at 6:00 tonight, would it be 4:30 at latest now?

LOL, yes, your are right ... dial everything back an hour ... the beers must be getting to me already, had 7PM on my brain. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The atmosphere outside the rink (on the plaza) is great. You have all kinds of stuff happening out there and it's a great opportunity to start feeling the excitement before you go inside.

I usually get there about 30 minutes before doors open. Just so I can sit out there and soak it all in.

Have a great time!!! Be loud and proud, we need you!!

Thank you some much Deb!  Gonna leave here at 3:30.  Let's go!

• Like 1

I’m sitting here at work and there’s 5 of us on shift that are diehard Canucks fans… 7 that are Oilers fans… 

I so really bad want this Dub for the Canucks so that I won’t have to hear anymore about this all summer…

36 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

How is that "acting all high and mighty"? Telling people at the game to stfu might be though.

In game 5 we had a blast...chanting our hearts out. PICCKKKK.....ARRRRRD.

Like you, I go to many games and some fans just do it differently than you. The more the merrier. And people pay good money for the chance to...do whatever tf they want at games (within the rules of course). Even if some don't think it's a good idea.

The goalie chant is only ONE of the chants. Yelling in the arena supporting your team is great, I was at game 5. 

When your in the arena it's hard to cherry pick which chant your going to run with.  I loved the Petie chant. I have had my qualms with him lately but I was right there help scream Let's Go Petie!!

Also when their fans chant Let's Go Oilers!

You add into their chant, chant with them, but instead say

Fuck You Oilers!!

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Thank you all for your advice.  I appreciate you all.  I might of said some dumb stuff out of pocket last couple days with the Brock news.  Sorry if I offended anyone.

Let's go!  Ima have no voice after this one!

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Posted (edited)

For the game, I'm having ...

A box of Hochtaler wine and cheese fondu in my basement of wood paneling, velvet posters, and shag carpet with the hockey game tuned in to the French channel 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Today reminds me of the 2011 Canucks and a story Burrows told about driving to the rink with Kesler the day of game 7 vs the Blackhawks. Normally the two of them would chatter endlessly on the way to the game, but on that day the only words spoken were: “ are we going to get it done today? And a “Yup” in unison. 
Tonight the Canucks are going to get it done!

https://youtu.be/3TbJ-SKrsYs?si=gZQBKWQ4Vw_Hj4XX

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, I_AM_CANUCKIAN said:

Thank you some much Deb!  Gonna leave here at 3:30.  Let's go!

LET'S GO!!!! I'M SO HAPPY YOU'LL BE THERE REPRESENTING!!

• Cheers 1

I found the Canucks do better when I do my full work out on game days.  If I put in the work the boys put in the work.  I did my long walk / hike earlier today, heading to the gym now.  Steak & mushrooms plus my special "chef" salad tonight for dinner.  The whiskey didn't work on Saturday night so switch to a nice Cab Sav tonight.  LFG. GCG!!!🏒

• Cheers 3