[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

If we played like that in last few minutes all series long, that is our defense by playing with the puck possession.  That is our strength and we abandoned that all playoffs.  How did we ever come away with that strategy that was successful in the season?  

Just now, Chon derry said:

It was a great season followed by 12 of 14 playoff games. 

Yup, very entertaining season though. Feel bad for Demko and Boeser, both guys deserved better.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Petey had an awful playoffs and it’s a big reason we aren’t advancing.

Hughes and Hronek struggled alot too. 

This team now knows what it's go further into other rounds. 

We gotta find ways to get shots on net, and figure out our pp. 

Their top players outplayed ours by large margin. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

As soon as they didn’t take game 6 seriously I had a feeling this would be the result. Learning lesson yes but there are way too many passengers still on this team. Petey is one of them right now. He’s got to take a long look in the mirror. He was garbage.

Yup I had the same feeling..

Just now, Chon derry said:

It was a great season followed by 12 of 14 playoff games. 

Minus top goalie for every game except one, and top scorer on final game. 

Just now, CaknucklePuck said:

Coping hard but could you imagine a 4-3 comeback, never going to happen unless we switch on

Nope.  

As a matter of fact,  I am going to do farm chores now...

• Sad 1

Thought I would support the Oil if they win this series.......not sure I want to now.  First, not loving the diving.  Second, my energy level for hockey has just dropped significantly.  So sad to see the Canucks come out flat these two games.  I was expecting tonight to be bad given that they didn't have the "put the foot on the throat" approach last game.  They're playing like they're banged up, tired and just done.

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm happy with the season.

Game 7 against a power house Oilers team is pretty damn good. 

Just build from here and go deeper next year.. 

experience. The oilers have been in the playoffs for years. This is just another building step for us too 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wesley said:

Let's hope there are no riots after the game. But I would not blame them if there is one.

Still a nicer city than Edmonton post-riot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ah well, it was nice while it lasted.

all in all, it was a great season. Lots of work left to do. 28.7M of cap space to play with this off season and a bunch of decisions to make in regards to UFA’s we want to keep

Id only consider bringing back Joshua and Zadorov if he asks for a reasonable price. DeSmith, Lafferty, Cole, Myers, Blueger can all walk. Hronek and Mikheyev traded. 

use that cap space to get some better talent for the top 6 and a better RHD.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

All the canucks need to do is score 4 goals to win without giving up anything. Right now I'm just hoping to not get shutout. But I'm going down with the ship. Probably last game for a while.

Edited by Canucklehead
  • Like 2

Just now, Jaimito said:

20 mins left. 

All in.   Need a miracle now. But really need to break the shutout first early to have a chance. 

We've created like 1 high danger chance in 40mins.  They seem to go quietly in these types of games.  But at least make them suffer with some hits or something...we are playing like a pre-season game.

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Petey 0 shots. If he’s not hurt I don’t know what to say. Because that ain’t worth 11.6 million. 

No he's worth 13.9 that's why he's not scoring. He wants another raise first!

• Haha 1

Just brutal. I thought there was actually a culture change here. Out-manned, out-hustled and out-executed. I get you might lose this game regardless, but this is embarrassing.

3 game sevens in our recent history with no goals. See you next year…

2 minutes ago, IceHockeyPlayer said:

They were too timid during first. Just dumping pucks in all first period and change. Not recipe for success when you have 2 shots. 

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. 

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

Well, 

Looks like it’s going to be a Canucks playoff special. 
Only play for 10 out of 60 minutes, make a push and lose.  

It was a great season folks. 
We overachieved big time and have a lot to be stoked about.  

Unfortunately I can’t say the best team won, because the oilers are a bunch of fucking douchebags and this series should have been over a couple days ago, but what are you gonna do?    

We didn’t show up. 
Sucks to suck. 

Im going to finish the game and cheer them on, but I have zero faith in this group today. 
They don’t deserve to win 

We don’t suck, dude.

we had a fairy tale season and major success given what was expected.

we ended up better than 24 other teams. That’s ahead of our projected curve. Time to build on it. I’m excited for the offseason. 

please bring back Z. That’s my only demand

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1