[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

Just now, Papa Sawce said:

Just sucks cause you wanna be proud of this team, but with the last 5 periods of zero effort it just stinks

Just gotta be proud, and hope the team learns from this experience for next season 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, andrea84 said:

I feel awful for anyone who bought a jersey in the past 4 days. Total collapse.

If they just bought one the last 4 days they are just bandwagoners.

Why feel bad if they are truly fans?

I am frustrated with Tocchet all year long by not trying new things when we have had comfortable lead in the standing to prepare for the playoffs.  We basically was stuck with same line-up with minimal adjustments.

• Upvote 1

Just now, cuporbust said:

This team is a joke. Choke artists. Miller and Pettersson with 71 goals in the regular season,  and not a peep hey? Useless 

Miller has never been a good game 7 performer.

We have 0 clutch player that can step up and swing the momentum. Demko maybe but you can hardly blame Silovs when he is getting 0 help up front. This team lacks the Kesler and Burrows.

We’ve had plenty of amazing third period performances this year! It’s not over yet people! Yes the odds are stacked against us but do you want fucking loser points for shorting (investing term usage) your team now?

It’s not done til it’s done and I know our boys are going to lay it all on the line this period. 

So go cry amongst your fickle, flighty and (get)fucked faction of our fan base. 

Our boys still need us! 

Go Canucks Go!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

Its tough... 

Even if we make past the oilers the Dallas stars will eat us alive lol.

The Oilers wont make it past The stars either. 

Well we didn’t test Skinner at all the last two games. Soo sad they just don’t know how to step on teams.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BarneyKook said:

Did Toch coach out the offense after the All Star break when Demko went down?

I do wonder about that... the 2nd half and playoffs was an offensive black hole.

• Cheers 1

They look the exact opposite of what you’d expect a team In an elimination game, in a game 7 would look like, they look lazy, disinterested, unmotivated and like it just doesn’t mean that much to them. 

1 minute ago, andrea84 said:

That's one of the stupidest comments I've heard on this board and there's sure a lot of competition.

2 minutes ago, andrea84 said:

You mean bandwagons? No I don’t feel sorry for them at all 

Just now, -dlc- said:

I don't buy that the Oilers are a powerhouse. Flashes of brilliance and a whole lot of diving, whining and embellishing. That'll be their demise.

I haven't given up hope yet in this game....but, if they do take it hope the Stars mop the floor with them.

I agree Oilers aren’t a powerhouse…

lots of diving…

the refs handed so many opportunities to them… 

at the same time our pp sucks so bad… cost us the series 

special teams were our demise…

• Vintage 1

I don't like this ending to the story. I don't like an untested skinner getting a shutout. I hate the thought of us going out meekly. I hate the thought of us being one hit wonders who blew up our chemistry. That's the way it's looking, just wish we were somehow able to pull off that most miraculous third. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, 43isprime said:

Once Pettersson becomes a top 5 earner, he'll start playing like one, right?

Insert Anakin and Padme meme

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I don't buy that the Oilers are a powerhouse. Flashes of brilliance and a whole lot of diving, whining and embellishing. That'll be their demise.

I haven't given up hope yet in this game....but, if they do take it hope the Stars mop the floor with them.

Or … instead of making up bullshit excuses to make your self feel better, you accept that the oilers were the better team and the canucks could not match the urgency. 

• Vintage 1
  • Wiener 1