[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm happy with the season.

Game 7 against a power house Oilers team is pretty damn good. 

Just build from here and go deeper next year.. 

Oilers are an average team with two of the top players in the league. It might cost them as they go forward.

• Vintage 1

Kinda regrettable we already signed Petterson might be worth shopping him at the draft 

He’s been a thirdliner these playoffs well really since Feb. 

miller boeser lindholm garland soucy zad silovs 

the top players since the post season began 

1 minute ago, Beni said:

It's not like Pettersson has played any better than a 3rd liner himself these playoffs. 

Nope, he hasn't.  Love the articles that him turning useless is something new , like he hasn't had 20+ game brutal stretches every single year. Lol.  He's 26 next year. He's not a rookie.  This is what we get for the 12 million dollar cry baby that sat out for training camp? He thinks he's in the very top tier ? My god

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, andrea84 said:

I feel awful for anyone who bought a jersey in the past 4 days. Total collapse.

What a weird comment. This team has made it far further then anyone expected us to. This team has given Vancouver hope again after a decade of rough times. If a couple bad games make you regret supporting the team after a year like this, you wasted your money because you were never a fan to begin with.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Seems like every time the Nucks make the playoffs or are having a good season they're taken down by injuries, sure would be a nice dream to see just once how far they could go with a healthy roster?

Just now, Integra250 said:

Game 7 out of the Leafs playbook 

Bingo. Exactly what I said. We are a soft team. I know it’s a way overused term but we really are. Did you see how RNH went after that puck to score? We reach with one hand on our stick and hope it works. Injured or not, tired or not, these are 100% unacceptable efforts in games 6 and 7 in a playoff series, unless of course you have no interest in actually winning them. We will never win a thing until the excuses stop. Pettersson’s playoff effort was inexcusable, the PP’s performance was inexcusable. Getting the first goal only once in a 7-game series, inexcusable. I know the Oilers hate is real, but they are a lot better than we are. Stuart Skinner’s poor play allowed this series to go more than 5 games. 

Just now, CanuckDownUnder said:

Oilers are an average team with two of the top players in the league. It might cost them as they go forward.

From tonight and last game I think they’re more than two men team now. Gotta give credit where it’s due. They’ve rallied defensively when skinner got back.

7 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Get rid of Mik, Hronek doesn’t deserve anything close to 8 million. I would get rid of him. Suter isn’t a first or second liner. Their top six really isn’t that good and we knew this going in. It needed a big upgrade. As soon as boeser was injured I just had this feeling this was a feel sorry for ourselves game.

Because of Rick Tocchet, he doesn’t like players with skill. Kuzy lost all his confidence while playing for him, what happened to Petey? He’s trying to play Tocchet hockey run and go get it

Just now, Grinch said:

Or … instead of making up bullshit excuses to make your self feel better, you accept that the oilers were the better team and the canucks could not match the urgency. 

You can stroke  the Oilers, I prefer not to. 

Sorry, not hanging Connor's poster over my bed even if you do.

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I don't like this ending to the story. I don't like an untested skinner getting a shutout. I hate the thought of us going out meekly. I hate the thought of us being one hit wonders who blew up our chemistry. That's the way it's looking, just wish we were somehow able to pull off that most miraculous third. 

I agree 100% I hate the way we’re bowing out like this reminds me of 2011 and we lost to the Bruins 4-0 in the finals game seven

This team hasn’t been the same since the Soucy  suspension

Zadorov lost his swagger…

The team just looks deflated they need way more character…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

This team is a joke. Choke artists. Miller and Pettersson with 71 goals in the regular season,  and not a peep hey? Useless 

So cheer for the Oilers?

• Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Sad ending.  That's all.  The season as a whole was a success.

Yup. For whatever reason, injuries, fatigue, lack of one or two key pieces, and they just couldn't sustain this round. Lots to build on for next year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

An average team that’s absolutely whipping our ass. Maybe we are the average team?