[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

Just now, -dlc- said:

You can stroke  the Oilers, I prefer not to. 

Sorry, not hanging Connor's poster over my bed even if you do.

No one is stroking the oilers.

just have to be honest with the outcome. 

oilers were the better team, they wanted it more. I predicted this out come after game 6. 

canucks have no answers to the oilers urgency 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Silovs has decent size but he ain’t 6’4”

So, you are saying that CDC, the NHL, Hockey-Reference, the Internet Hockey database, the Abbotsford Canucks and Elite Prospects are all wrong and you are right? Because all of them list him at 6'4". But you do you.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, RWJC said:

Huggy and Hronek have to be injured…?

Just completely different players this round. 

Would not be suprised if they were 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

An average team that’s absolutely whipping our ass. Maybe we are the average team? 

Canucks are a really good team but are missing a couple things and look utterly out of gas.

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

We don’t suck, dude.

we had a fairy tale season and major success given what was expected.

we ended up better than 24 other teams. That’s ahead of our projected curve. Time to build on it. I’m excited for the offseason. 

please bring back Z. That’s my only demand

this.
Seeing what we have in Silovs is exciting for our future tender duo as well.

game not over yet LFG boys!!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RichterBelmont said:

Regardless how this game ends I have some faith that GMPA will give us an even better team next year and will make the proper moves to fix the glaring holes in the lineup still.

GCG!!

We have signed for 62 milliion cap space and we have about 21 or more million dollars to sign our replacements through free agent and we do have option of keeping Lindholm and let go Myers, and Cole.   Zadarov is a priority before the free agent.  If he's asking for too much, let him go.  Hronek is basically a RFA so we could trade him for something if he is demanding too much salary and too long of a term.  He has not proven to be a playoff performer.  He faltered down the stretch in 2nd half.

Just now, Devron said:

I want to see the Cup come north of the border but I can bare it at the same time 

Nope, dont care about a Canadian team winning other than our Canucks. I can't believe the comments I have read, are we really canucks fans? They had a great, unexpected season and 'fans' here are throwing them under the bus. Dissapointing.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

No one is stroking the oilers.

joilers were the better team, they wanted it more. I predicted this out come after game 6. 

Hmmmmm......

You predicted it but...I don't care. So there's that.

This is my team. Oilers can take a flying leap at a rolling donut. Dirty Leon, dirty Nurse, dirty Kane. And gotta love Connor's new go to...high stick in the face. Doesn't even try to make it look inadvertent.

You can love the Oilers, I don't.

Not in the mood to justify my stance though. You can rah rah rah at someone else. This just in: Alberta guy pumps the Oiler's tires.

Just now, Curmudgeon said:

So, you are saying that CDC, the NHL, Hockey-Reference, the Internet Hockey database, the Abbotsford Canucks and Elite Prospects are all wrong and you are right? Because all of them list him at 6'4". But you do you.

What's Garly?

Not upset. We probably shouldn't have gone this far anyways, and we shit all over the stupid analysts who said "Oilers in 4, 5 or 6."

I'm happy with that alone. It's not over yet. We've come back before. Even if it's a 1% chance we come back we still can. We've dumped the Oilers before and we can do it again. 1 goal on Skinner and he'll crumble. 2 and the stress will overwhelm him. 

Regardless if we win or lose, I will take great solace and comfort that Dallas will absolutely rip the Oilers apart and my boy Chris Tanev will take a cup before coming back to retire with his home team ❤️

Canucks were never expected to go deep or even make playoffs at all. We've surpassed all expectations. Now we can fix our problems in the off season. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, 43isprime said:

Does Pettersson actually drive play?

Negative.

the scary part is this is the super star we picked to make super star money. 

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I want to see the Cup come north of the border but I can bare it at the same time 

Won't have to, if the Coilers make it past the Canucks this game - hey, I will never give up on our team The Comeback Canucks - they will not get past Dallas. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BarneyKook said:

Did Toch coach out the offense after the All Star break when Demko went down?

Down the stretch he was definitely overemphasizing 1 goal games and being comfortable playing heavy defensive games for the playoffs. 

The team definitely took a turn when he started rambling about this nonsense. They went from a heavy forechecking team to a team that didn't forecheck at all. 

And look, we went from an absolutely dominant hockey team and one that I saw as a serious contender to needing a miracle to win a cup. 

This team has the skill. When they play the right way they absolutely murder teams. When they don't it is a fucking chore to watch.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Greedy boi pete sucking all playoffs, needs to go,

mik needs to go

hronek needs to go

laff gone

cole gone

desmith gone

lindy?

big surgery needed this summer

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Huggy and Hronek have to be injured…?

Just completely different players this round. 

No Oilers just figured them out. They’re different team than game 1

Just now, Captkirk888 said:

Nope, dont care about a Canadian team winning other than our Canucks. I can't believe the comments I have read, are we really canucks fans? They had a great, unexpected season and 'fans' here are throwing them under the bus. Dissapointing.

Agreed. I was prepared for this. A stepping stone. Cups aren’t won in one year 

• Vintage 1