[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

15 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

You’d have to be the stupidest coach in the world to just throw a fucking rookie with zero NHL experience in a top 6 role in game 7. 

We have had nothing to lose by trying new things.   

Just now, Grinch said:

No one is stroking the oilers.

just have to be honest with the outcome. 

oilers were the better team, they wanted it more. I predicted this out come after game 6. 

canucks have no answers to the oilers urgency 

I'll disagree with them being the better team. Canucks just played scared since the suspension and gave too much respect to our detriment. They gave the momentum away and refused to take it back. It's a worse feeling than being outclassed.

2 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

At this point I'm comfortable saying they are top 4 in the league.

Now I will go brush my teeth.

Those couple guys really make the difference. Its amazing in this era, how much impact first round picks can have for a team.

1 minute ago, canuckster19 said:

This series showed that maybe some guys aren't worth what we thought they were in the regular season. 

Zadorov is the only UFA I would overpay for at this point. 

Blueger? Joshua? Whole lot of meh from them.

Extension to Hronek? Well he may have underplayed his previous offer.

I hope we replace those guys with some grittier, more aggressive players. 
we are being worn down more than we are wearing other teams down and our F don’t have the size to lean in on any D and drive to the net. We absolutely need a heavy top 6 PF who can skate from somewhere. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Nope, he hasn't.  Love the articles that him turning useless is something new , like he hasn't had 20+ game brutal stretches every single year. Lol.  He's 26 next year. He's not a rookie.  This is what we get for the 12 million dollar cry baby that sat out for training camp? He thinks he's in the very top tier ? My god

Yup as soon as he got his money he thought he could retire and still play hockey for fun........Sigh

Elias Pettersson golf trick shot video might be the funniest we've seen  since the NHL went on pause - Article - Bardown

Edited by Captain Kirk

4 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

From tonight and last game I think they’re more than two men team now. Gotta give credit where it’s due. They’ve rallied defensively when skinner got back.

We will see how they fair against Dallas who is probably the deepest team in the league.  We are probably 2 or 3 years from what Dallas has built.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Combover said:

For who Vancouver or the no show player

Either. The fact that his status was raised prior was a great move by his agent

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Would not be suprised if they were 

Honker for sure from back about the 3/4 point of this regular season and Huggy, who knows but if the Canucks are out after this game all will be revealed.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

No one is stroking the oilers.

just have to be honest with the outcome. 

oilers were the better team, they wanted it more. I predicted this out come after game 6. 

canucks have no answers to the oilers urgency 

*After two periods 

Just hold off a period (unless longer)

Haven't had anyone move the needle this game.

Silovs has been good, but his kryptonite got to him as well.

These games look like the ones against Vegas, except we don't have bubble Demko.

It's embarrassing to watch, and they will need a hot start to make it a game.

Well this is where a hero stepping up is needed, but, Boeser was the guy that has done that so far and he is not there to do it 

Joshua said they were going to win it for Boeser , they weren’t going to let him down , smh 

Just now, Conscience said:

Greedy boi pete sucking all playoffs, needs to go,

mik needs to go

hronek needs to go

laff gone

cole gone

desmith gone

lindy?

big surgery needed this summer

Not necessary. If we have big surgery we step backwards. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

What happened to Mik' skating, looks like he's carrying grand piano on his back.  Used to at least get 1 breakaway per game, now looks like he cant skate at all.

He had a break in the first. He hit the post and it didnt count as a shot. 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Just gotta be proud, and hope the team learns from this experience for next season 

That's always what this year, and probably the next couple of years, was going to be.  Anyone else who thought different were fooling themselves 

Ironically, many of the people who screamed hater at me for months are now the ones calling the team trash, calling players garbage etc etc.

That's what happens when you're a zealot and refuse to look at things through a realistic, objective lens.  Those people who wrapped themselves up in delusion now can't handle it when their delusion is obvious.......do they lash out.  I see it in children all the time

It was obvious, if you took your homer glasses off, that this was not a Stanley cup team.  They got great experience this year, didn't sell the farm to "go for it" and now they can assess their year and adjust based on that valuable experience 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • Wiener 1

Just now, PeteyBoeser said:

No Oilers just figured them out. They’re different team than game 1

I don’t know…Hronek has no slap shot. 
And QH has taken a beating all playoffs. Think the physical game has worn them both down a bit 

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

What a weird comment. This team has made it far further then anyone expected us to. This team has given Vancouver hope again after a decade of rough times. If a couple bad games make you regret supporting the team after a year like this, you wasted your money because you were never a fan to begin with.

What a weird comment. Many people got jerseys just because of the cup run thinking they would go deep. It's not 'just' a couple bad games since a couple bad games cost us the playoffs. Those games are critical, and now they have to shelf those jerseys for the next several months after shelling out tons of money. People who gatekeep real fans are the worst types of fans. 

• Confused 1
  • Wiener 1

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

I'll disagree with them being the better team. Canucks just played scared since the suspension and gave too much respect to our detriment. They gave the momentum away and refused to take it back. It's a worse feeling than being outclassed.

I don't buy that . They weren't shying away from physicality in game 5