[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

2 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Nope, dont care about a Canadian team winning other than our Canucks. I can't believe the comments I have read, are we really canucks fans? They had a great, unexpected season and 'fans' here are throwing them under the bus. Dissapointing.

I would never cheer on a different Canadian team other than the Canucks. Id sooner see Vegas win again.

• Like 1

If you're going to go out then go out blazing.

No more dump-ins. Show me you're not just phoenix 2.0. Show your fans there is  life in you yet.

Arty you were great, wish we gave you some more support.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Ah well, it was nice while it lasted.

all in all, it was a great season. Lots of work left to do. 28.7M of cap space to play with this off season and a bunch of decisions to make in regards to UFA’s we want to keep

Id only consider bringing back Joshua and Zadorov if he asks for a reasonable price. DeSmith, Lafferty, Cole, Myers, Blueger can all walk. Hronek and Mikheyev traded. 

use that cap space to get some better talent for the top 6 and a better RHD.

Good post. I’d keep Myers if he signed at a much lower price tag.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

We will see how they fair against Dallas who is probably the deepest team in the league.  We are probably 2 or 3 years from what Dallas has built.

Hope Tanev shuts down McDavid 

Someone mentioned losing Demko, Boeser was too hard. Also losing Petey was pretty tough for half a season. That was the biggest hit agains the team out of anything. Disinterested, scared, weak are not words you want to associate yourself with when you are about to make 11.6 million a year. Petey was shot and deserves the criticism he’s going to receive.

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

All these players you speak getting rid of - who’s going to take them off of our hands?

And who will we get in return?

Everyone for Bedard.

• Haha 1

Do they have the ability to come back? yea 

have they done it this year? Many times

cmon boys get going gotta get a quick one, get in skinners head 

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, andrea84 said:

What a weird comment. Many people got jerseys just because of the cup run thinking they would go deep. It's not 'just' a couple bad games since a couple bad games cost us the playoffs. Those games are critical, and now they have to shelf those jerseys for the next several months after shelling out tons of money. People who gatekeep real fans are the worst types of fans. 

No one told them to buy a jersey.

Was it mandatory? I didn’t get the memo I guess

Edited by RWJC

Edmonton is a really good team, they won 16 games in a row at one point this year and have two of the best players to ever play the game on their roster. Despite a few deficiencies that can be exploited, they are a real legitimate Cup contender. Not saying I’m a fan, that’s just reality. We are a good team but we don’t have the star power that’s anywhere close to theirs except maybe Hughes. EP and Miller completely vanished after game 5, hell the whole team did except Silovs, who’s trying his hardest but he’s only one man. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, van_can_fan said:

Wrong. We can shatter the confidence of young players..

Bullshit. Where does that even come from? If anything they will gain valuable experience. 

• MillerTime 1

Just now, WanyeJetski said:

Edmontons is the better team so far. Miller has been quiet. That missed chance by Mik at the start of the 1st was crushing. And the devastating 0 shot 4 minute pp

Mik had to score… as well As the powerplay… 

Yeah this team is too fragile emotionally and mentally… I don’t know what’s going on with Petey but I would trade him for some tougher people - he has disappeared quite often over the last four years

We need players with heart…

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We will see how they fair against Dallas who is probably the deepest team in the league.  We are probably 2 or 3 years from what Dallas has built.

Again, it'll come down to penalties.  If Dallas stays discipline, they should handle them.  If not and they give the Oilers lots of pp time, they're in trouble