[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

Hopefully Oilers come out and play like they believe they’ve already won and let their guard down enough for the Canucks to pull off a 3rd  period miracle again 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's always what this year, and probably the next couple of years, was going to be.  Anyone else who thought different were fooling themselves 

Ironically, many of the people who screamed hater at me for months are now the ones calling the team trash, calling players garbage etc etc.

That's what happens when you're a zealot and refuse to look at things through a realistic, objective lens.  Those people who wrapped themselves up in delusion now can't handle it when their delusion is obvious.......do they lash out.  I see it in children all the time

It was obvious, if you took your homer glasses off, that this was not a Stanley cup team.  They got great experience this year, didn't sell the farm to "go for it" and now they can assess their year and adjust based on that valuable experience 

Still want to get rid of Miller?

Just now, andrea84 said:

What a weird comment. Many people got jerseys just because of the cup run thinking they would go deep. It's not 'just' a couple bad games since a couple bad games cost us the playoffs. Those games are critical, and now they have to shelf those jerseys for the next several months after shelling out tons of money. People who gatekeep real fans are the worst types of fans. 

Sounds like you wasted your money on a jersey. The rest of us will continue to wear ours proudly and celebrate what a great season it was.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

No one is stroking the oilers.

just have to be honest with the outcome. 

oilers were the better team, they wanted it more. I predicted this out come after game 6. 

canucks have no answers to the oilers urgency 

Nobody cares, Grinch.

Just now, NucksFan said:

Hopefully Oilers come out and play like they believe they’ve already won and let their guard down enough for the Canucks to pull off a 3rd  period miracle again 

they have 😞 they wanted it more than us u can tell by the shots

• Sad 1

Just now, Captkirk888 said:

Bullshit. Where does that even come from? If anything they will gain valuable experience. 

Exactly, you can’t bubble wrap people and expect them to grow… You only grow through adversity…

• Like 1

Just now, yawn said:

Not upset. We probably shouldn't have gone this far anyways,

Canucks were never expected to go deep or even make playoffs at all. We've surpassed all expectations. Now we can fix our problems in the off season. 

I don't think thats what its about. We were not expected to make the play offs at the beginning of the season. But as the season went on we showed the the league we were going to the play offs. 

We have perseverance enough to get past round one. But the team looks deflated and old. The only energy I see is Gar, hogs and Blue.

Everyone else looks tired. 

3 minutes ago, WanyeJetski said:

Edmontons is the better team so far. Miller has been quiet. That missed chance by Mik at the start of the 1st was crushing. And the devastating 0 shot 4 minute pp

Mik is gone after this season, hasn't hit the broad side of a barn all year and is WAY over paid.

3 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I'll disagree with them being the better team. Canucks just played scared since the suspension and gave too much respect to our detriment. They gave the momentum away and refused to take it back. It's a worse feeling than being outclassed.

Soucy suspension/bad play after the whistle changed the momentum a bit. 

They needed him in game 4, not Juuls.  Which was a one goal game. 

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

ESPN showing highlights of Canucks-Bruins Game 7 🤣🥲

and even nhl ad with messier winning in 94....

There is no justice except what you make. 

So bummed out over these last 2 games. I hope we defy all history and tie it up. 

• Like 1

Just now, van_can_fan said:

Wrong. We can shatter the confidence of young players..

Well, he didn't really have to play 10 minutes, just 5 minutes with some PP will do.   Maybe some extra attacker and I mean, he has shown us that he can really shoot from anywhere and still get the puck go in.  We need to shorten the bench anyways.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

What a sad ending to the season.

A depressing end to the long weekend.

Depends on how you look at it. We had an unexpected season and a good run (that is not over yet). I have enjoyed every minute of it wins and losses. We have a great team. Celebrate that.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BarneyKook said:

I would never cheer on a different Canadian team other than the Canucks. Id sooner see Vegas win again.

Yeah, who cares what country the team is in? Its about your team and your team only. Seasons end with either the Canucks winning the cup or not. We've been waiting a very long time - the core of this team is giving me a lot of hope for the next couple of years or so.

• Vintage 1

Too much turmoil in the lines over the last 4 months.
I remember a time when lines were determined, established and proven to work and then allowed to go for months. This team seems like it has been a continuous shuffle and we even went months without much in the way of injury , particularly on the forward end. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think Nashville took too much out of Vancouver in the first series.

We should of taken Nashville sooner than 6, but I also think Hughes got an owie from that series 

14 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Not enough shooters. Can only get so far with a bunch of passengers. Canucks need more game changers and it doesn’t help their best players looked like shit most of the playoffs 

Pettersson started looking good the moment Tochett realized having 2 guys with a combined 4 goals in 45 games probably isn't helping your start center out.  It's a pretty big coaching error it took that long to figure out

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1