[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

5 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Those couple guys really make the difference. Its amazing in this era, how much impact first round picks can have for a team.

Yea I'll give you 4 or 5. See what you can do......

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think Nashville took too much out of Vancouver in the first series.

I also think losing our leading playoff point producer and our number 1 goalie didn't help. We already were pretty weak on depth, Rutherford said for this team to make the playoffs everything needed to go right and it did honestly. Mentioned health specifically. We see how depleted we looked once Boeser went down. There are no threats on this team after Boeser and Miller, especially with Petey ghosting. 6 passengers easily tonight. But I said it before, with 1 period left. I want to see who has heart on this team.

• Upvote 1

Tocchet and his coaches all this time have been immune to criticism, but the reality is that he's let three games slip through where the team is badly outshot. At one point, we were outshot 5-1. Green's style of game was on full display. It's mindless hockey and a losing one.

The fact that the SH breakaway chance was the most dangerous part of the PP says it all about this team.

We need a major retool.

Lafferty is done.

Hronek needs to be traded for picks and cap space.

Big Z needs to stay

Big T needs to stay.

Ian Cole needs to go.

Anyone else can either be re-signed or traded.

Theoretically I think if Petey and Hughes were bigger tougher players the outcome would’ve been different it’s all theoretical of course

but Hughes got pretty bashed up during the Nashville series… He’s probably playing injured right now

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captkirk888 said:

Depends on how you look at it. We had an unexpected season and a good run (that is not over yet). I have enjoyed every minute of it wins and losses. We have a great team. Celebrate that.

The season was a success.  I'm just saying it's a sad ending considering how close we got to round 3.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just want us to come back with a mean roster. Ruthless. We have the talent to play the skill game (need to add to top 6 tho) but I would love for us to go after some guys like Adam Lowry to flesh out our 3/4. No quit, aggressive, reliable. RT will likely push for that at end of season meetings with mgmt I hope

Edited by RWJC

4 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

He does not....hense the thousand posts saying we need to get linemates for petey.  Very good complimentary player.

Too bad the salary we'll be paying him will make it difficult to get him a good winger.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, andrea84 said:

What a weird comment. Many people got jerseys just because of the cup run thinking they would go deep. It's not 'just' a couple bad games since a couple bad games cost us the playoffs. Those games are critical, and now they have to shelf those jerseys for the next several months after shelling out tons of money. People who gatekeep real fans are the worst types of fans. 

So bandwagoners?

I wear my jersey proudly, year after year. Wore the number right off it (3). If you get a jersey "just because of the cup run" that's on you. You do know jerseys stay good for more than a playoff run?

I buy mine when the season ends to be ready for the home opener. But sure, playoffs or bust.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

We should of taken Nashville sooner than 6, but I also think Hughes got an owie from that series 

I think it's just a young star overwhelmed by his first real playoff experience.  Same with Petey 

16 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I don't buy that the Oilers are a powerhouse. Flashes of brilliance and a whole lot of diving, whining and embellishing. That'll be their demise.

I haven't given up hope yet in this game....but, if they do take it hope the Stars mop the floor with them.

Agreed. Maybe we still have one more comeback left in us.

Either way, we've taken them to game 7 without our vezina calibre goalie. Also missing our top goal scorer tonight. And lots of guys look banged up or injured (Hughes, Pettersson, Hronek, etc.).

If the Oilers do hang on, I see them getting crushed by the Stars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captkirk888 said:

Depends on how you look at it. We had an unexpected season and a good run (that is not over yet). I have enjoyed every minute of it wins and losses. We have a great team. Celebrate that.

Not to mention what a gut punch to lose your top goalie and top goal scorer. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

Edmonton is a really good team, they won 16 games in a row at one point this year and have two of the best players to ever play the game on their roster. Despite a few deficiencies that can be exploited, they are a real legitimate Cup contender. Not saying I’m a fan, that’s just reality. We are a good team but we don’t have the star power that’s anywhere close to theirs except maybe Hughes. EP and Miller completely vanished after game 5, hell the whole team did except Silovs, who’s trying his hardest but he’s only one man. 

I watch the Oilers as they're my wife's team. That 16 game stretch was just catching a lot of shitty teams on back to backs. Their schedule was peachy and they played alright but they weren't playing sensationally. 

They still had the deficiencies defensively, Skinner was just playing out of his mind during that stretch.

We have no Demko or Boeser. Silovs has been incredible, but the team lacks the killer instinct throughout the lineup. 

Thats what’s missing. They look sluggish and passive.

I’d rather watch a team lose but fight for every second, than see a team coast to a win. 

5 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I'll disagree with them being the better team. Canucks just played scared since the suspension and gave too much respect to our detriment. They gave the momentum away and refused to take it back. It's a worse feeling than being outclassed.

You literally just explained how they’re the better team. 
their bottom pairs and 6 have outplayed ours the last 2 games. That was supposed to be our advantage. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Theoretically I think if Petey and Hughes were bigger tougher players the outcome would’ve been different it’s all theoretical of course

but Hughes got pretty bashed up during the Nashville series… He’s probably playing injured right now

Theoretically if I was better and younger I could play in the NHL.