[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

2 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

With that said imagine next year when we have our lineup healthy and we are one year better… Theoretically  we should go farther in the playoffs

Yes, despite the last two games, things look good overall.

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

imagine if mikheyev scored in the 1st

Still wouldn't have made a difference. If we were defending a 0-0 tie imagine how we'd defend a 1-0 score lol

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

With that said imagine next year when we have our lineup healthy and we are one year better… Theoretically  we should go farther in the playoffs

lol not with 0 effort games like this and 6.

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

Comes down to playoff experience imo 

And #1 draft picks who have failed to prove themselves and have egos as big as their city and now really have to do something. There's that part.

They couldn't afford to lose and it showed. They were hungrier..for a reason. Everyone's penciled them in.

Best player in the world was shut down a good portion of the series. Refs gave them some help and set a tone (Soucy's suspension when Connor McPrincess made our captain bleed with a high stick out of nowhere...then tried that move again).

They're smug, dirty and I will never praise them. 

Hope they go down in flames. Again. And they can whine and pout in their pressers once more.

Yes, I'm bitter. Because I'm sick of hearing about how awesome they are. F them.

I like my team. Despite the way the ending played out.

Petey's charging call sort of sums it all up for me. Just a clusterf.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

We’re playing like we’re protecting a 3-0 lead. 🤷‍♂️

Yep throughout the first.   Giving away possession with our  skilled players carrying it just to have short shifts and "tie the period" seemed to be the coaching focus, Brock adjustment (super short shifts).  

Time for miracles still.   One goal soon would help.  And tactic  changes, desperation works.

Posted (edited)

Looking forward to the injury list that will come out. A number of the boys look  like they are playing hurt and it has caught up to them and the team.

Edited by Fen1010

I hope RT isn't too stubborn to learn from this experience, he carries his fair share of the responsibility.  He's got to learn how to coach skilled players, ino

Sometimes I hate hockey. If it was any other team than the Oilers (except TO) I could somewhat accept this, but the fact it's the goddamn Oilers, being led by a generational talent that they shouldn't have even been fucking eligible to draft considering how they had raped the draft in the preceding years, makes it still even more. 

Call it sour grapes if you will, but I refuse to acknowledge any supposed "achievement" of this Oiler team. 

• Vintage 1