[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

He gave the puck away twice in the last minute with the goalie pulled 

But your Oilers came close to giving away a 3 goal lead. So there's that part.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I'm pissed because I think Dallas is a beatable team and we didn't have to play the Avs 😕

Needed one more save from Silovs tonight to not go down 3-0. 

I think with a healthy Demko we could have won because he wouldnt have given up those far shots, but I'm not blaming Silovs when the rest of the team didn't show up.

The powerplay killed us as well, and Edmonton's got them a Game winner.

They completely shut down Eichel/Stone and MacKinnon/Rantanen and they're gonna do the same to McWhiner and Crysaitl. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

Showed up for a total of 10 minutes in Game 6 and 7

And game 2 and game 4, and at least 2/3 games against Nash. It's been a problem for a while. Sucks if they had 100% they could have swept this series 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Well an interesting ending. If only we learned to play like that for at least 40. Score on our plethora of chances and we go to the WCF. Not meant to be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

EP and Co learning how to win in the playoffs the hard way 

Gotta lose before you can win.  Hopefully this core has a quick learning curve.

We weren't even suppose to get this far and I'm proud of this group.  Excited to see what management can do with the roster for next season.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Not sure why you think that.  Unreal pp, unreal pk, pretty solid 4 lines and 2 game breakers

the Goaltender(s) is a bag of trash we let him off easy In the last two games.soon as we started shooting we started scoring.

unless Dallas is going to only try to get two shots in the first two periods

Dallas is a better deeper team with better goaltending 

Then comes rangers or Florida which are both better than either of these western team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

We a healthy BB, they would have tied this game. 

what ifs

Imagine with a healthy Demko as well. He might have made that extra save. I loved Silovs but that’s a lot of pressure for a 23 year old. The pp was the big killer the second half. Just didn’t show up to make a difference and the absence of Petey was awful.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Vintage 1

Just now, canuckster19 said:

Well F--- Vince McMahon and anyone who still thinks he's still some kind of guru.

Wrestlers needed to unionize. It’s too bad it never occurred because so many ex employees suffering greatly by not having any medical coverage in such a physically demanding biz.

Now that we are in the offseason: hit me up to try fantasy keeper league hockey pools  right here on the Canucks Fan Forum.

Take the summer to build your club and come out firing in October!

Ask me how.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

I think they just got a bye into the finals, hahaha

I was going to point this out later so to avoid jinxing the Canucks, but look at the previous playoffs:
https://www.nhl.com/playoffs/2022/bracket
https://www.nhl.com/playoffs/2023/bracket

The team that defeats the Oilers goes on to win it all. Feels to me, this is the Dallas Stars' destiny.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not sure why you think that.  Unreal pp, unreal pk, pretty solid 4 lines and 2 game breakers

Solid 4 lines? Unreal pk? Which series were you watching? Canucks powerplay since the the new year would make any teams

PK look good. It was quite obvious this series that Draisaitl isnt really a game breaker and can be contained despite the point totals. Dallas in 5

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mando27 said:

And play without the only guy that showed up? Play Silovs at forward.

Silovs can't do it all.. he won us 99 percent of it

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

But your Oilers came close to giving away a 3 goal lead. So there's that part.

Doesn't make me feel better, they're still advancing and were going golfing.............Sigh