[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

Just now, Mc1laren said:

Solid 4 lines? Unreal pk? Which series were you watching? Canucks powerplay since the the new year would make any teams

PK look good. It was quite obvious this series that Draisaitl isnt really a game breaker and can be contained despite the point totals. Dallas in 5

Dallas in 4

• Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, RWJC said:

Wrestlers needed to unionize. It’s too bad it never occurred because so many ex employees suffering greatly by not having any medical coverage in such a physically demanding biz.

Thank Hulk Hogan for that horses---, he ratted out Jesse Ventura when he was trying to start a union.

Hogan and McMahon can both burn in hell.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, BarneyKook said:

Silovs was unreal but a healthy Demko may have made a difference

Ya I think the team tried to play more defensively with demko not back there.  Their offence suffer because of this

• Vintage 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Ok give me a week off before I fire up my offseason spreadsheets 😅

You already got started a few days ago!

• Haha 1

That’s all relies on the coaching, Rick had all the tools for skilled top six but chose to keep suter, his love Phil and Ilya around because they play his type of hockey. When drais said the Canucks had a good team at the start of the year but was destroyed by the coaching decisions of scratching a 40 goal scorer in kuzy and keeping Ilya with petterson for the whole season. I feel like Tocchet will not be the coach for this type of team

• Confused 1
  • Wiener 1

Ahh well

In typical Canuck fashion they gave us an exciting finish

Lots to be excited about in seasons to come but this stings cuz it was right there and there's no shortage of stuff we can point to in terms of how and why we fell short

For me, I'm just gonna give thanks for all they gave us, brush this loss off, get back to having a life that doesn't revolve around TV schedules, have a great summer and look forward to bigger n better things later this year

Take care all

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)

All good guys, it was a successful season. We overachieved and led the NHL for the most part of the regular season. 

These are fine building blocks, you have to learn how to lose before you win. 

Management did one of the best re-tool jobs in recent memory. 

Let’s see what we do this off/season.

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I didn't realize he passed away:

(NSFW - language - heh, it's Jim Cornette after all lol!)

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Combover said:

the Goaltender(s) is a bag of trash we let him off easy In the last two games.soon as we started shooting we started scoring.

unless Dallas is going to only try to get two shots in the first two periods

Dallas is a better deeper team with better goaltending 

Then comes rangers or Florida which are both better than either of these western team. 

Better goaltending and defense, but this oilers team is deeper than they get credit for.  I said that back in December 

• Haha 1
  • Wiener 1

8 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Where the F was Miller tonight?

What a shame.

Doing his job. Shut down McJesus. Canucks were pinning their hopes on their depth scoring. Didn’t work out in game 6 and 7.

• Like 2

This year was more than I could have ever asked for. Friends of mine are trying to recruit me to the Oilers but I have more self respect than that lmao let's go Stars. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if most of our key players have been playing with injuries.

Miller and hughes looked so tired at the last few minutes I wouldnt be surprised

• Like 2

It was a great season.  Not gonna get into all the stuff that went wrong in the last 2 games:  it's obvious enough.  What matters is that we've become one of the better teams in the league, one with the heart of a lion.  We'll be back and even more ready next year.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Mc1laren said:

Solid 4 lines? Unreal pk? Which series were you watching? Canucks powerplay since the the new year would make any teams

PK look good. It was quite obvious this series that Draisaitl isnt really a game breaker and can be contained despite the point totals. Dallas in 5

LA had the #2 pp in the league this year and the oilers pk blanked them for the series.

• Cheers 1