[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Better goaltending and defense, but this oilers team is deeper than they get credit for.  I said that back in December 

Their goaltending was dogsh*t though this series imho (no question he was much better/solid during the regular season).

edit:  Didn't think the guy who replaced Skinner for a bit wasn't too bad

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

3 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

All good guys, it was a successful season. We overachieved and led the NHL for the most part of the regular season. 

These are fine building blocks, you have to learn how to lose before you win. 

Management did one of the best re-tool jobs in recent memory. 

Let’s see what we do this off/season.

This was true 3 years ago, now , building isn't an excuse 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It was a good year overall. The team will learn from this experience.

Oilers are turds, all of them. Not one that I have respect for. RNH is probably the closest. Hope they crash and burn.

Again.

No need for that Deb.We all should be excited for next year.New faces,young players.Hockey is not only one game.Canucks is life commitment for us who love this town and this sport.So recharge and reengage.

• Like 1

Man that first period was weak, 2 shots then 10 then 5 .... Canucks have their work cut out for them this summer. To put a team together just as good. Gonna be easy to regress this year. Gotta keep Z this team is weak without him. Gonna have to let a lot go maybe sell high on a couple guys. It's the biggest off season I can remember. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

I know people think we're a big gritty team, but our best goal scorers and playmakers are all small and soft, so I think that needs to change.

It’s big gritty Dman that make a difference in the Play Offs , it was nice having that element finally, it made a difference 

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Their goaltending was dogsh*t though this series imho (no question he was much better/solid during the regular season).

edit:  Didn't think the guy who replaced Skinner for a bit wasn't too bad

Agree on the goaltending, no question.......defence as well.  But the Oilers are as deep up front and better on special teams.  

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

It was a good year overall. The team will learn from this experience.

Oilers are turds, all of them. Not one that I have respect for. RNH is probably the closest. Hope they crash and burn.

Again.

Yup. Would have been extra sweet for us to be the ones to oust them and the silly narrative that they deserve to win before their window closes. Will leave that task to Dallas now. 

I respected the Oilers in the 80s but this team emenates a smug entitlement that seems impossible to like or root for. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

Agree on the goaltending, no question.......defence as well.  But the Oilers are as deep up front and better on special teams.  

Ekholm really help solidify their backend (not too different from how Hronek acquisition improved our blueline - not merely by his presence but how his spot meant others would get pushed down the depth chart [eg., less icetime]_.

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

Once again, That 4 min PP killed us.

Yep, gotta make the most of those and the momentum shift after you don't is huge.

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if most of our key players have been playing with injuries.

Yep just said the same thing  to my son

we will find out in the next day or 2 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Better goaltending and defense, but this oilers team is deeper than they get credit for.  I said that back in December 

They are the most overrated for sure 

so deep the play the crap out of two guys… 

have to outscore the bad goaltending every night 

they squeaked by our very good third string goaltender with our super star goalie injured and ep a non factor 

yeah Dallas isnt and shouldn’t be worried about a two player team that wins mostly on the back of pps  

and has the terrible goaltender. 

A heathy demko this series wouldn’t  have got past 5 games as well as silovs played he’s not Demko. 

• Desmenko 1

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Best $600 bucks I ever spent....got to see 2 games and I have zero regrets.

Totally agree, I was lucky enough to see game 1 against Nashville, game 2 & game 5 against EDM. 

Plus I went to the third period comebacks against Columbus and Boston during the year. Great freaking value, so exciting and truly a group of players I and happy to cheer for. Canuck pride is back.

• Like 1