[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

Just now, wesley said:

No score is good, actually. If we score, they will score too for sure. So the best way is to keep it scoreless and then score in the last minute!!

I like the positivity.  I want to believe.  Trying to stay based either way though.

• Like 1

The key here is to employ PP different formation and work on them all year long and by the time the playoff arrives, they would have many rep of practice all season long and that has to start next season.  They have been playing one formation all year and they are easily predictable.  

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

I really don't get why this powerplay is so ass. It's like their IQ drops 20 points and their stats drop 15. We have Hughes, Petey and Miller. It should not look this shitty. I dunno who runs it, but they are by far the worst powerplay coach we've had in years. This personnel has looked good once upon a time.

Tocchet can't coach offense to save his life and Sedin are way too good at what they do to coach anyone else. No one other than them can do what they do. 

Maybe they are being over coached on the pp. 

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

I really don't get why this powerplay is so ass. It's like their IQ drops 20 points and their stats drop 15. We have Hughes, Petey and Miller. It should not look this shitty. I dunno who runs it, but they are by far the worst powerplay coach we've had in years. This personnel has looked good once upon a time.

I think Tocc runs the PP and the twins "consult".  It's the zone entries that kill them.  Plus no shots = not good.

• Cheers 1

I don't care about win or loose. But, play likes this, it is unacceptable. Come on boys! You are playing for a game that probably the one in your life time. Please show your heart. Please show your passion. I know you are tired, you have almost nothing left in the tank. But! But! PLEASE SHOW US WHAT YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR! WHO YOU ARE FIGHTING AGAINST! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

It's a very subtle tactic.  Look pathetic on the powerplays, give up some shorty chances for Arty to save.  Refs will then give Oilers many more penalties, thinking that will give them chances and goals.  But then when Canucks get awarded a 5 minute major, unveil rhe real powerplay and get 3 goals in the 5 minutes.

Crafty Tocchet. 😉

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, wesley said:

No score is good, actually. If we score, they will score too for sure. So the best way is to keep it scoreless and then score in the last minute!!

The way it’s going oilers will score in first five minutes and then carry the momentum and blow us out. Game 6 all over again

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Starting to question whether this is Rick Tocchet hockey or a personel issue.  This is 2 series now and several games down the stretch where the Canucks have been a really low shooting team... 

At this point, some of it is on the coach. Call a time out if you can't stand this type of hockey. 

Tocchet hates it when the team doesn't forecheck when he talks, but none of his actions ever spell "stop that shit" when they don't.

1 minute ago, Cali Canuck said:

so the steak & mushrooms and salad were all fantastic.  I've already gunned 1/2 a bottle of Cab, I think I might need to open another bottle soon. 🍷drink up canucks fans

I'm still hungover from last game!

1 minute ago, Apricot said:

I’m so upset I hate hockey so much i hate my life and I’m jumping off a bridge 

Already tried that

443699041_10160918300275549_340403204710

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Oilers are just too much for us I think. They’re great offensively and defensively. We just can’t get anything done. We can’t be dumping and changing all the time. Dump put one person to forecheck and create something 

Whole period was Oilers attacking and Canucks just shooting the puck back in and waiting for Oilers to attack again..  its basically already over as sad as it is Canucks ran out of steam after Game 5

• Vintage 1
  • Wiener 1

5 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

So you're saying canuck forwards aren't big enough?  Just looked at the Preds forward group... Yah they have SOME size on us...  But it's not a huge difference considering that the larger forwards we have are more impactful in comparison to theirs.  Your argument is weak.   I mean...  The Preds are golfing right now. 

Are you a closet Preds fan?  Because this seems like sour grapes to me.   You've made way better  arguments in the past.   

Now if you look at Dallas forward roster,  THAT'S  a heavy and talented forward group.  That makes for a good argument.   But the Preds...  Come on. 

Well the Preds were busy handing out asses to us most of the time and that pissed me off..  I watched a big sized roster in 2012 who were all over opposing teams beating the living crap out of them and especially on the forecheck, to the point it made them hesitate and we capitalized a LOT, That was FUN to watch, that's why we got to game 7 but in game 7 for whatever reason we took our foot off the gas and let them back in to win it. 

I was like what on earth just happened?? 

Anyway that's the roster I'd love for us to have, exactly like that! You want to know why I like a bigger faster roster, that's why! 

Just now, AnotherCanucksFan said:

So stop trying to set up. Just shoot the puck on net or at the boards and hope for a rebound. Anything is better than this crap. It's ROUND 2 not a regular season game.

Just shocked at how badly they are handling the pressure of a game 7. They looked scared. Can their coaches get their heads right in intermission, because there is ZERO chance they can win this way. 

no setup = no good shot = not allowed to shoot or get benched by RT