[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Roberts

4 minutes ago, Knucklhd said:

Hughes must be hurt.  He hasn't been the Hughes we have come to expect this series

I’d be surprised if he wasnt hurt with the abuse he’s taken in both rounds

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captkirk888 said:

It was, despite the shots the oilers had only 2 high danger chances. settle down people, lots of hockey to play

And the Canucks had 2-3, they just can't hit the net

• Cheers 1

Just now, Cali Canuck said:

so ESPN = M*ssier & PK Suban for "analysis" during the intermission.  Needless to say it's on mute.   The PxP guy isn't bad & Ray F. is the colour guy so live action isn't too bad.

I find it hilarious they have Weekes and Messier on together sometimes. You know considering Messier threaten to never play a game if Weekes wasn’t traded, called him a lying lazy person lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TabWho said:

Game 7 nerves! It's expected for this young playoff team that hasn't played in such a high pressure situation yet. They've only been ahead or tied (with games remaining) in both series.

They'll take a deep breath and reset. Silovs playing lights out and Petey has more jump - grinded at the puck and pulled the first powerplay.

I'm going to stand in belief until the job's done 🫡

GCG! 

Y, oils show more playoff experience and composure in the first, on the road.

Nux need to reset and up the battle level. 

Win one on one battles, faceoffs.  Start there. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

what are you talking about.. RT said he's in charge of pp1.. sedins and gonchar is in charge of pp2.. RT refusual to relinquish his role on pp1.. he's not a creative guy.. he only knows how to dump and chase grind and defend

I'm not talking PP I'm talking the let's play defense till the other team makes a mistake game. They have been out shot a lot this year. Doubled many times. Good goaltending and high scoring has hidden this somewhat. It was exposed drastically during the Nashville series, I like other were never excited about having Yeo behind the bench because of this. 

2 minutes ago, TabWho said:

Game 7 nerves! It's expected for this young playoff team that hasn't played in such a high pressure situation yet. They've only been ahead or tied (with games remaining) in both series.

They'll take a deep breath and reset. Silovs playing lights out and Petey has more jump - grinded at the puck and pulled the first powerplay.

I'm going to stand in belief until the job's done 🫡

GCG! 

Believe!

I do!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

We have fooking skinner out there man 

Which means we probably don't need many shots to win  :hurhur:

• Vintage 1

Just now, Integra250 said:

It’s going to take a miracle to win 

Just need to find their legs and outcompete them.  Win puck battles shift after shift. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Flush that first 20 mins

New game.

This team seems to be flushing a lot lately...  Hopefully they can turn it around.

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I don’t care about the points but man the defensive game has not been great.

I do. I called it from the start his defensive game was trash so at the very least he needs to be providing offense. After that 32 game got start or whatever that guy has been trash offensively to go along with his trash ass defensive game.

Gotta come out and put the boots to them in the 2nd, can't hang on defending into the 3rd period.....I don't know if it's the coaches direction to sit back and wait for opportunity, that's fine in other games, but not game 7 on home ice, gotta show some killer instinct and take this fucking game...it's right there for them