[Report] Boeser Dealing with a Blood Clotting Issue

• Drive-By Body Pierce changed the title to [Report] Boeser Dealing with a Blood Clotting Issue
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Blood clotting issue is so non-specific. Not sure tells us anything. 

Tells us absolutely nothing. There are players in pro sports with 'blood clotting issues'.

10 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Except that if the clot breaks loose from wherever it is and gets to the heart, serious issues can happen very quickly.

My initial interpretation is that it is a 'lack of clotting' vs an actual blood clot. But I guess it could be either, which is why this tells us nothing other than he can't play.

Edited by I.Am.Ironman

3 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Tells us absolutely nothing. There are players in the

My initial interpretation is that it is a 'lack of clotting' vs an actual blood clot. But I guess it could be either, which is why this tells us nothing other than he can't play.

Fair enough. Regardless, it sounds like a legitimate danger to his wellbeing if he were to play.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Tells us absolutely nothing. There are players in pro sports with 'blood clotting issues'.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/brock-boeser-canucks-vs-oilers-game-7-status

They don't say for sure, but this is what was described, and what I would worry about the most.

Lack of clotting would also be critical, as in you can't stop bleeding with any sort of significant cut.

But I feel like thin blood would be an issue they have known about for a long time. That would have been known for a long time, or change rapidly from medication, or drug/alcohol use.

“It’s hard to comment without knowing a lot more details,” Dr. Conway told Postmedia on Sunday of the Boeser blood-clotting issue. “But, in general terms, what may happen is if you have an injury to an arm or legs, with legs being more common and swelling around that area, it would cause a blood clot to occur in a vein.

“And once that has occurred, then the risk that it runs is that a clot might come loose and migrate back to the central part of the body and cause a clot in the lungs. And that’s potentially life threatening. It’s called a pulmonary embolism.”

Flying can also contribute to blood clotting because the Canucks regularly charter to game locations.

“Absolutely,” said Dr. Conway. “What happens is the blood pools in your legs and, as it pools, it may not be returning to the heart in a normal and usual way. The leg swells, there is a blood clot that occurs in the leg. And once that occurs, there is a risk of it spreading and breaking off and spreading the the lungs.

“That’s what you’re most worried about.”

Edited by Drive-By Body Pierce
  • Cheers 1

I hope for Brocks sake and the teams sake that this is precautionary and that we win tomorrow for him and in the coming days he gets some good news and it's not serious and he makes it back to score the game winning goal in the Stanley cup final.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

What are the options? Lekerimakki? Bains? Raty? Man, this just adds drama to game 7. Now we don't even have the option of putting the lotto line together. But, next man up!!!! Let's do this!!!!! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

What are the options? Lekerimakki? Bains? Raty? Man, this just adds drama to game 7. Now we don't even have the option of putting the lotto line together. But, next man up!!!! Let's do this!!!!! 

Mikeyev

• Like 1
  • Tank 1

21 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

It's a chance to make a new star! 

Whoever replaces him is getting a chance of a lifetime! Game 7 in the 2nd round of the NHL playoffs. 

• Like 1

I know it’s not going to happen but part of me would love for Tocchet to swing big and put Lekk in. I’ve always viewed him as Brock’s likely successor as the number 1 right handed snipe show.

And yeah, again, I know its not happening.

24 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

It's a chance to make a new star! 

Whoever replaces him is getting a chance of a lifetime! Game 7 in the 2nd round of the NHL playoffs. 

Love your take here. It is a chance of a lifetime. Hopefully whoever gets that chance, runs with it. Kind of like Silovs ran with it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1