[Report] Boeser Dealing with a Blood Clotting Issue

1 hour ago, Xanlet said:

As a point of order, even government officials are saying the Yellow Card system for reporting adverse reactions in the UK is completely broken.

I was in error with my numbers. While Britain ordered 100 million doses, apparently only 20 million were administered in Britain. And the 50 cases I think represent all of Europe.

13 minutes ago, Xanlet said:

Again, reference my other post. The government of BC advertised that it helps prevent the spread of Covid. Or shall I begin calling people conspiracy theorists for contradicting what the government has said?

No, it was not.  It was advertised as being of great help keeping people from getting really sick.   Really sick people spread Covid so in that regard it DID prevent the spread.

Where are you getting all your information from?

52 minutes ago, Xanlet said:

Let's get a few facts clear. Statistics Canada reports that the average age of death from covid in 2020 was 83.8 years old (the average age of death in Canada overall in 2019 was 76.5). This means the risk to young people was always basically non-existent. We also know that the virus breaks through vaccination and as such every person will be infected sooner or later regardless of the vaccines. With these two facts, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for a healthy young person to get the jab because there is no benefit from protection and a huge confirmed by unknown risk from the jab itself.

This is relevant here because one of our best players just missed the biggest game for the franchise in the last 10+ years, and it was a result of a medical condition which is confirmed to be associated with vaccination. It's absolutely fair game to comment on the vaccine in this regard.

Well said 

• Like 2
  • Wiener 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

No, it was not.  It was advertised as being of great help keeping people from getting really sick.   Really sick people spread Covid so in that regard it DID prevent the spread.

Where are you getting all your information from?

20220202_115748.thumb.jpg.e37d084ecda5bbb0081b879894d5feca.jpg

"VACCINES HELP PROTECT CHILDREN AND PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

https://www.stoptheclot.org/about-clots/athletes-and-blood-clots/#:~:text=Blood clots are uncommon in,first understand blood clot terminology.

Athlete-Specific Risk Factors for Clots

Being an apparently healthy athlete does not prevent a person from developing blood clots. Several circumstances put athletes at increased risk for DVT and PE. Athletes, coaches, and trainers should be particularly aware of these risk factors:

• Traveling long distances to and from a sports competition
  • Dehydration during and after a strenuous sporting event
  • Significant trauma
  • Immobilization (brace or cast)
  • Bone fracture or major surgery
  • Birth control pills, pregnancy, and hormone replacement therapy
  • Family history of DVT or PE
  • An inherited or acquired clotting disorder (factor V Leiden, prothrombin 20210 mutation, antiphospholipid antibodies, and others)
  • A congenital abnormality of the anatomy of the veins, including May-Thurner Syndrome (narrowing of the major left pelvic vein)
  • Narrowing or absence of the inferior vena cava (the main vein in the abdomen)
  • Cervical rib causing thoracic outlet obstruction

there are literally hundreds of articles on this subject. I know that some of you are easily influenced by pseudoscience and click bait articles so I’m likely wasting my time but since this is a thread about Brock Boeser’s Blood clot and I like to try and stick to the topic. I’ll post some facts. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Do you remember the Hale Bop comet? There was a cult of morans who thought one of the twinkling lights we could see through the comet’s was a spaceship. It couldn’t just be a distant star, like the rest of the world saw. To these morans it had to be a spaceship. And the spaceship was calling them. But to get to the spaceship they had to die. Do these morans all killed themselves. 
Brock has clotting because of his elite athlete lifestyle. He travels a lot by plane, and for long hours. Couple that with dehydration and genetics and he got clotting. It’s not a spaceship reason. 
Now smarten up and get up to date with your vaccinations. And if you have kids make darned sure they have their vaccinations. Science is a wonderful thing. The illnesses that vaccines protect us from are not so nice. 

Science takes on board new information and updates its models. Perhaps you could try this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

https://www.stoptheclot.org/about-clots/athletes-and-blood-clots/#:~:text=Blood clots are uncommon in,first understand blood clot terminology.

Being an apparently healthy athlete does not prevent a person from developing blood clots. Several circumstances put athletes at increased risk for DVT and PE. Athletes, coaches, and trainers should be particularly aware of these risk factors:

• Significant trauma
  • An inherited or acquired clotting disorder (factor V Leiden, prothrombin 20210 mutation, antiphospholipid antibodies, and others)
  • A congenital abnormality of the anatomy of the veins, including May-Thurner Syndrome (narrowing of the major left pelvic vein)

there are literally hundreds of articles on this subject. I know that some of you are easily influenced by pseudoscience and click bait articles so I’m likely wasting my time but since this is a thread about Brock Boeser’s Blood clot and I like to try and stick to the topic. I’ll post some facts. 

I believe EPO blood doping can lead to clotting issues also. 

that’s when athletes take extra red blood cells through IV to increase the availability of O2 to the muscle during intense physical work. 

not saying Brock is blood doping, just didn’t want to leave that one off the list. 

2 minutes ago, Xanlet said:

Science takes on board new information and updates its models. Perhaps you could try this.

Brock has clotting because of his elite athlete lifestyle and genetics. There is no spaceship reason. Hopefully with proper treatment he will be 100% come next season. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

• Significant trauma

That is actually a pretty good list illustrating Virchow’s triad. 
Typically it is only flights over 6 hours that make you more prone to DVTs but with the trauma these guys take to the legs with blocked shots and hacks it likely does contribute somewhat even on shorter flights. 

Posted (edited)

Boeser says he'll be able to do regular offseason training. Just needs to be extra careful not to get cut or hit his head because of the blood thinners

Edited by MattJVD
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2024 at 7:32 AM, DrJockitch said:

Go back to bathing in tar sands and eating horse paste.

If you're referring to Ivermectin, you should know it's one of the top medications ever prescribed to human beings, with billions of doses being prescribed worldwide. The WHO has it listed as a top essential medicine for humans due to its anti-parasite properties and long history of safe usage. If you're willing to imbibe a false narrative about a decades old, vitally important and safe medicine, it undermines your credibility in everything you say. Utilize some critical thinking and actually fact check what certain outlets are telling you, this is all publicly available info.

• Like 1
  • Wiener 1

59 minutes ago, Xanlet said:

If you're referring to Ivermectin, you should know it's one of the top medications ever prescribed to human beings, with billions of doses being prescribed worldwide. The WHO has it listed as a top essential medicine for humans due to its anti-parasite properties and long history of safe usage. If you're willing to imbibe a false narrative about a decades old, vitally important and safe medicine, it undermines your credibility in everything you say. Utilize some critical thinking and actually fact check what certain outlets are telling you, this is all publicly available info.

Bozo, Ivermectin is prescribed for PARASITES.

To quote Wiki:

Ivermectin is an antiparasitic drug.[6] After its discovery in 1975,[7] its first uses were in veterinary medicine to prevent and treat heartworm and acariasis.[8] Approved for human use in 1987,[9] it is used to treat infestations including head lice, scabies, river blindness (onchocerciasis), strongyloidiasis, trichuriasis, ascariasis and lymphatic filariasis.

To further Quote:

Misinformation has been widely spread claiming that ivermectin is beneficial for treating and preventing COVID-19.[21][22] Such claims are not backed by credible scientific evidence.[23][24][25] Multiple major health organizations, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration,[26] the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,[27] the European Medicines Agency,[28] and the World Health Organization have stated that ivermectin is not authorized or approved to treat COVID-19.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, Xanlet said:

Riiiiiiight , Im guessing you're one of those free thinking idiots. 2 + 2 = 4, but you probably don't believe that because the #4 doesnt exist or whatever stupid line of thinking you MAGA idiots are on

Billions worldwide? 90% of the planet doesn't know what the hell ivermectin is. You know our planet right? Its flat like a piece of paper, I mean who gives a shit about the astronauts looking down on space on our round planet with video, but hey, you're a free thinker, im sure you know better

• ThereItIs 1
  • Wiener 1

7 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Bozo, Ivermectin is prescribed for PARASITES.

To quote Wiki:

Ivermectin is an antiparasitic drug.[6] After its discovery in 1975,[7] its first uses were in veterinary medicine to prevent and treat heartworm and acariasis.[8] Approved for human use in 1987,[9] it is used to treat infestations including head lice, scabies, river blindness (onchocerciasis), strongyloidiasis, trichuriasis, ascariasis and lymphatic filariasis.

To further Quote:

Misinformation has been widely spread claiming that ivermectin is beneficial for treating and preventing COVID-19.[21][22] Such claims are not backed by credible scientific evidence.[23][24][25] Multiple major health organizations, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration,[26] the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,[27] the European Medicines Agency,[28] and the World Health Organization have stated that ivermectin is not authorized or approved to treat COVID-19.

Wiki... Okay thanks for the credible source.  I'm glad you've done your fact checking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filthy animal said:

Riiiiiiight , Im guessing you're one of those free thinking idiots. 2 + 2 = 4, but you probably don't believe that because the #4 doesnt exist or whatever stupid line of thinking you MAGA idiots are on

Billions worldwide? 90% of the planet doesn't know what the hell ivermectin is. You know our planet right? Its flat like a piece of paper, I mean who gives a shit about the astronauts looking down on space on our round planet with video, but hey, you're a free thinker, im sure you know better

It's amazing how having a different view illicits such a strong vitriolic response.  

If you know you're right, why not just be okay, shake your head and move on with confidence? 

• Like 1